A company that has a clue.

Riiight. Meantime GM's focus groups are still looking

at home depot paint swatches to determine the

exact color of the Camaro's instrument cluster and

radio trim surround.

Hurry the F*** up GM.

Hey look;

Yes, because giving us a three-decade old design in an overweight, overpriced package (and an interior that could be shoved into any other Chrysler product) is EXACTLY what consumers want.

I was over the Challenger in 1970.

>>"Yes, because giving us a three-decade old design in an overweight, overpriced package (and an interior that could be shoved into any other Chrysler product) is EXACTLY what consumers want. "<<

Lessee: Here's a vehicle who's original version has sold repeatedly in the multi-6-figure range and whose '08 version is already completely sold out. Not sure how else one could define 'a vehicle consumers want'...

Very cool to see these pics.

A bright spot in dark times.

Cars like that embody freedom - something we should all celebrate.

Same for the Camaro and the Mustang.

May there always be at least a few of the like on the market.

Yes...I'd like to have one of each. Even in a world of generic FWD daily drivers, and concern over gas prices, there is still a place for distinctly American cars...

Truly a sight for sore eyes these days, between gas prices, CAFE and all this other bull&#036;h&#33; going on with our economy....its nice to see a legend reborn and ready to prowl the streets. Hopefully it wont be a short stay.

Hey look;

Yeah, a company that was unloaded at a huge loss by Daimler, run by a manger who almost killed Home Depot, and to cut gas hogging truck models. :pokeowned: God knows if they will see the 2010's. Sure they have a "clue"?

Some have to get out more and see the real world and that it is not 1969 anymore!

Yeah, a company that was unloaded at a huge loss by Daimler, run by a manger who almost killed Home Depot, and to cut gas hogging truck models. :pokeowned: God knows if they will see the 2010's. Sure they have a "clue"?

Some have to get out more and see the real world and that it is not 1969 anymore!

Well when you consider how badly Daimler f@#ked the company up, of course it had to be sold at a loss. And of course, don't forget they aren't the only company with gas hogging trucks, but Toyota wants you to believe they are 110% green baby.

Daimler did do Chrysler wrong.

They were fine and in the 1990's the MOST profitable automaker in existence.

Take that Porsche!

Damn Bob Eaton and Schrempp for destroying a proud American enterprise.

Next time you have a thought, please, just let it go.

Yes, because giving us a three-decade old design in an overweight, overpriced package (and an interior that could be shoved into any other Chrysler product) is EXACTLY what consumers want.

Exactly...in 1970 I would much rather have bought a sweet Mach 1 or Boss 302 or a nice z-28 rather than a Challenger.

Thirty eight years later, I'd still rather have the Mustang or Camaro.

Chris

Yes...I'd like to have one of each. Even in a world of generic FWD daily drivers, and concern over gas prices, there is still a place for distinctly American cars...

...but what we need now is a dinstinctly American MODERN car, not the rebirth of a 40 year old Idea. I'm not saying it isn't cool... but...

Chris

I wish one of them were mine :wub:

Don't worry, when the new Camaro comes out you will be assimilated to the "dark side" just fine...

Seriously, it is a hot car and even though I am not a big fan of Chrysler I find myself wanting one a little bit...

Chris

The new Challenger is not a 3 decade old design, it just has similar styling and rear drive and a V8 engine. The V8 engine is a modern Hemi design, the chassis is a modern rear drive setup from the 300C and the retro styling works far better than any bland BMW or Lexus appliance that is being shoved down our throats today.

Don't worry, when the new Camaro comes out you will be assimilated to the "dark side" just fine...

Seriously, it is a hot car and even though I am not a big fan of Chrysler I find myself wanting one a little bit...

Chris

To quote a famous man...

Bitch please, I want both. :P

I want an SRT8 in white. I hope they are still around in '10. I'd love to have one for my 40th birthday as a weekend toy. I've lusted after Challengers since seeing 'Vanishing Point' as a kid around 1980.

Though I'd probably be happier w/ a CTS for a daily driver.

Edited by moltar