Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

I'm No Longer Gay

It's true. It was just a phase. I have been cured of my gay disease. *nods*

....Okay, perhaps not. I'm quite the flaming homo, still. :P

Anyways, I haven't been on the forums very much the past month. Life has taken many twists and turns, some good, some bad. I've been busy with work, friends, family, and the ever popular past time of car shopping. Speaking of the last two... My Mom, out of the blue, offered to help me with buying a car. She just got a new job in which her pay will be about $5 more per hour than her old one, not to mention she just finished paying off the Sunfire. Anyways, this greatly helped my search for a car. I'm very thankful she helped me.

That occurred about two weeks ago. I bought a car today. I'm pretty excited. I've already put a good hundred miles on it and to my relief, the needle on the gas gauge has budged just a bit more than an eighth of a tank. Exactly what I need right now. I'll let you guys guess what it is, though. I'll tell you this, it's a 1998, it has 68k miles, and I bought it for $3999. It's a cute little car. Very roomy, very peppy. It has a nice set of fogmeisters, that, combined with the low beams, are almost as bright as the high beams. I'm happy to finally move away from the Beast and into something that won't hold me back. I haven't had time to take pictures of it in the daylight, but once I do, I'll try to post them and finally reveal what it is.

Also worth mentioning is that I sold the LTD for my friend. He got $400 out of it. Ironically enough, I sold it about an hour after I put a down payment on the... eerrr... my new car. I had listed it for him and had gotten a few inquiries, but no one who actually came to look at it. This guy emailed me and seemed very interested. He eventually came to look at it. After half of hour of him and his buddies looking it over and what not, he takes it. They load it up and go on their merry way while I got to babysit my friend's money.

Other than those, not too much is notable besides this. I've had to see a doctor. I somehow have had an uber massive infection brewing in my armpit. It started out as what I thought was just a really big pimple. Well, each day it seemed to double in size until it was about the size of a flattened golf ball and swollen all around it. I suffered the worst pain I've ever felt. Constant burning and sharp pain. It started draining, thankfully. I've never seen such a messy thing. It's rather disgusting. I've been on an antibiotic and pain killers, the latter of which I'm so thankful for, haha. With that said, the doctor said that if it doesnt improve, I may have to have surgery to actually remove it. That's fine and dandy and all... except that I don't have health insurance. I can only imagine how much something like that would cost without coverage. Needless to say, I really don't want to have surgery. That's not what I need right now.

That's all for now. I'm going to try to check in more often like I used to, but I can't say for sure. Life isn't very predictable.

Good luck with the deodorant-area infection....

As far as the car I'm guessing Mazda Protoge?

That's funny--you're no longer gay, and I come by and pick up the slack (have 2 dates tonight--something I never thought I'd ever do!)

Good luck with the "pimple". I know that simple boils can be painful as hell, so I can't imagine something that big!

My guess for a car is, a 1998 Plymouth Neon... no seriously, my guess is: Cavalier.

bright pink New Beetle... :gay: Kidding.

Good luck with whatever you bought (as long as it was not made by Toyota!)

Hope the arm heals up. No photos of the armpit please. NONE!

:lol:

My guess is a '2007 Tacoma........ :unsure:

Well, aren't they worth about $2,500 or so now?

Sounds good! Well, except for the arm thing...but I can provide a LOT of details there....

For the armpit thing...I've had that! Twice, actually, for no specific reason. First ended up as a sore golf ball like thing under by arm, which just never went down. Went to the ER the first time, for them just to lance it and drain all the blood, etc. out. Thought that was all, but it came back just as badly. Off to the doctor and surgeon I went. What was it, apparently? Hidradenitis. They weren't sure if it had anything to do with by diabetes (I'm as controlled as a non-diabetic, but things can still happen) or just a fluke, but the surgeon knew what to do. That section of flesh/gland was clearly infected and would continue to be so. The surgery consisted of basically carving out that section of flesh (really, left me a hole) and then--as the only way to prevent infection again--not seal it up, leaving me with the open hole to pack with gauze daily as it healed from inside out. Worked beautifully, and though odd to have a decent hole in the flesh, all healed and just a small line scar now.

Then a year later, happened again, different armpit spot. This one wasn't as bad, but same surgeon and she knew what to do. This time removed the other infected section, but as it wasn't as bad, stitched it up this time. All healed, and never an issue.

Now that I've grossed a few people out...I hope that gives you some insight. For someone who rarely has medical issues, it caught me off-guard (and strangely...the first time developed when I was visiting Punxsutawney for a 2 week stay in the hot as balls summer), but thanks to a great surgeon, all has been fine for a couple of years.

Anyway, that nice little overgrown "pimple" in your armpit sounds sorta like a cyst. What'd the Doc say it was?

I went back yesterday and he finally told me what he thought it was. Basically, he says a sweat gland become clogged and infected. Somehow, it turned into a staff infection. As well, I'm going to need surgery either way. I'm guessing what he means by this is that, since its mostly drained with the swelling all down, it's still a lump, a stiff one, and it will need removed. I'm just glad the pain went away. That was the absolute worst pain I've felt since breaking my arm over 10 years ago.

Glad to see you back, BV.

Thanks. I'm not sure If I'm back comletely, but I'm going to try to check in more often than I have been. I'm not sure how I've been living without C&G. :P

One of you has guessed correctly.

That they have. *nods*

Anyways, per the car, judging by certain guesses, some of you are going to be disappointed when you learn what it is. I still don't have any good pictures of it, I've been too busy driving all over the place. Today, I ought to be able to get some good pictures of it since it's relatively sunny out. It's not perfect, but it's a good little car, it seems. I just need a few things off ebay for it.

On another note, let's talk about the Beast. My parent's have just resumed selling it, but instead of $800, it's now $600. Their plans are to leave it by road on Friday nights when the races are going on. Those G-bodies are popular dirt track cars. Surely someone will buy it for just that. Personally, I'd rather see it sold to someone who was going to drive it, but it's not mine. As well, if they can't sell it, they're just going to take it to the crusher considering the cost of steel. And you guys thought I was bad... They're actually serious. :o

If you guys really want it, here's your chance to save it.

Something else I feel like speaking about that has entered the gauntlet yesterday is my Grandma. She was just sent to the hospital for none other than lung cancer. She's been having problems breathing the last month or two and has been on inhalers and antibiotics. After going for many tests, they finally concluded she has a tumor about the size of a fist. She always used to be really healthy, but smoking seems to have finally caught up with her. They're still trying to figure out was type of tumor it is, I guess? However, she's been starting radiation therapy. I found out while at work via my aunt. After I got off, me and my parents headed over to see her. She looks like her normal self, still, which is good. I was hoping for that.

My guess: it is either a VW or a 240SX.

I am sorry to hear about your grandmother, BV. I had to watch my aunt, a mother of two, die with lung cancer two years ago (the funny thing is that she had never smoked a cigarette in her life). It was probably the most heartbreaking thing in the world I have ever seen. It is such a shock to think about, still.

Edited by YellowJacket894