2009 Challenger Brochure hits the web

You beat me at this Challenge, BP (I was just about to burst in here and post this very same info). This is one HONEY of a car! I was just at Autoblog, and I went through all 30 pictures in the gallery for the brochure. Two things of interest for budget-minded Challenger prospects: the base SE comes with 17" aluminum rims, not the cheap wheel covers shown earlier on the Dodge website for the car... and the price starts at only $21k, not $23k as was previously reported. This is what I'm talking about, Dodge Boys. I could jump GM's one-oar-in-the-water ship for one of these. This car has BALLS and I am sure GM will price the Camaro to sabotage it in the market so they can kill it quickly and place the blame on the buying public, or CAFE, or fuel prices, or some such bull$h!e.

I am going to continually check for updates and prices on the Challenger SE with the uplevel option package. Just when doom and gloom descend on us GM fans, along come The Dodge Boys to set us right!

Edited by ocnblu

I love it...if this is indeed the beginning of the end, then this car (and the Mustang, Camaro, and G8) will be the last of the rock stars, so to speak..the last American style old school modern muscle cars. I want a white R/T.

It's bold and brash, styled like it's from my birth year, and stands out amongst the generic FWDs that the mass market is today. Long live the V8s.

Edited by moltar

I like everything except that they didn't make it a true hardtop and too many variations on the 5-spoke wheel design....wish they'd done a something to evoke the slotted look of the original.

Yeah..there are some aftermarket 18-20 inch wheels that sort of look like the a large version of the '70 Rallye wheel...I know that the Magnum 500 style 5-spokes were available on the '70, but the Rallye is the original Challenger's signature wheel, IMHO..

Yeah..there are some aftermarket 18-20 inch wheels that sort of look like the a large version of the '70 Rallye wheel...I know that the Magnum 500 style 5-spokes were available on the '70, but the Rallye is the original Challenger's signature wheel, IMHO..

Ya, Rallye wheel is the proper name for them....they were so Challenger to me.

I priced out a Stone White R/T with 6MT and the 5.7L Hemi, sunroof, HID headlights, 27J and AFC packages, etc for $36,015. Though I might consider an SRT-8 and the B5 Blue is very intriguing to me!

That's a bargain, of course, the dealers will probably mark them up for a while.. that's how I'd equip one.... I'd have to have white and register it in Colorado.

Well the chrome version is a bit too blingy for a retro-cool car like the Challenger, imo. I do like the silver-painted version with the bright lip and different center cap like the One Lap car that got crashed.

5-spoked wheels have become so generic and if I were buying this, off they'd come, and aftermarkets on, something closer to the spirit of the original.......but not to focus on wheels too much, this is a very nice car and glad it exists. With the troubles over at Chryco, it's amazing it's here.

Edited by HarleyEarl

WANT

I just priced out my Brilliant Black Crystal Pearlcoat Challenger R/T

27J Quick Order Package

RER MyGIG Multimedia System w/Navigation

WP2 20" X 8.0" Chrome Clad Aluminum Wheels

AFC Electronics Convenience Group (w/Manual Transmission)

LMP High Intensity Discharge Headlamps

MPD R/T Hood To Fender Strips

$38,315

:idhitit:

Despite hat other challenges the company is facing, the Challenger proves that it's a good time to be a Dodge Fan :P:D

Edited by Dodgefan

I saw an SRT8 Challenger in person, pretty damned impressive.

My only knock is the steering wheel, it shoulda had a wheel with "Challenger" written all over it, not "parts bin".

The car will sell for sure, it's a looker on the street, where it counts. Don't forget the first year cars are all SRT8s, they will EARN their reputation, they stop, corner and go like nobody's business....

Did you see the car after the crash? They're not all about fixing structurally compromised cars to run in such an important publicity event for the Challenger brand. They entered a different car for the One Lap, and I don't think it was white. I think the follow-up was posted at Autoblog.

Did you see the car after the crash? They're not all about fixing structurally compromised cars to run in such an important publicity event for the Challenger brand. They entered a different car for the One Lap, and I don't think it was white. I think the follow-up was posted at Autoblog.

Was the car structurally compromised? I recall only the front facsia and various plastic bts were damaged, and the car was seen driving under its own power.

I know there were subsituting it for a production SRT8, but I heard they were repairing this one too.

From Autoblog:

Chrysler employees drove the wrecked Challenger some 200 miles with no mechanical issues. The vehicle is current at a friend's shop, being repaired and prepped for the upcoming Targa Newfoundland Rally.

I guess I answered my own question as to what they were doing wth it. :lol:

With the price being right on the v6 car, I could handle that....hmmmm....me thinks the Miata might have a garage mate to keep it warm on cold Ohio nights!

Chris

Cross over to the Dark side. Remember, Chrysler got lots of work to do, but they'll sell you the choice of 3 (or 4 if you can find a magnum) large, V8, RWD cars. :AH-HA_wink: :P

Remember: he hates sedans. Challenger is all they have for him.

I'd consider a Charger if the interior looked better... and the small windows bother me too.

My only gripe with the Challenger is the Steering wheel. If they can swap that out I'll have no complaints...but even so it' rather trivial and certainly not a deal breaker.

Yup, I'm the same way. Such a small detail in the big picture, it sure would be nice to be addressed.

Any aftermarket steering wheel brought out for the Challenger would be a sales hit I bet, just have the airbag interchangeable to the new wheel and what a difference it would make IMO.

The rest of the car is pretty danged impressive IMO, just the one small gripe would be nice to be fixed IMO..?

• 1 month later...
Well, the 2009 Challengers can be deemed "affordable" to those who can afford ......

That's pretty cheap for a very distinctive largish V6 RWD coupe. Pretty much everything else at around 25k is a FWD generic.

Edited by moltar