McCain's trend

loki

I have thought about it. And I would like to be able to keep my house, and the one car we're making payments on, and the second car we may or may not be making payments on, and I'd LOVE to be able to finish paying for school and I'd love to have to pay less out of pocket for medical care and I'd love to see my son go to a school that employs qualified teachers and pays them a decent wage, and I would love to see him go to college without having to shell out $100k. I dont think all of that is possible with McCain.

so you want teachers to be paid better, whether it affects their teaching skills or not, but you want to pay less in insurance because the gov't will be subsidizing your payment somehow. same with college.

I don't know how this will happen without raising taxes, oh yeah, the "wealthy" are supposed to pay for it. that seems very unfair.

costs go up when a third party pays for any/everything.

the cure for high costs is competition and individual payer.

4 years of one person should not affect US a whole lot unless a huge financial burden is placed on us, be it regulations or war.

i've not read into it much, but i saw stories that McCain wants to replace the UN with something that allows wars more easily. I'm all for getting out of the UN, but it's unlawful for the president or anyone outside of the whole congress to declare war.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha... how are you going to be paying less for healthcare if it becomes a burden on the Federal government, and in turn, all of our taxes? I agree something needs to be done about the spiraling cost of healthcare... but Federalising it will only bog everything down... it will make things worse.

Going after fraud and waste in regards to healthcare is a mission I would support. And I believe McCain and his running mate have shown a propensity to attack corruption. Think about it. Vote McCain.

How much is your healthcare contribution each month? How much does your employer kick in?

You're being forced to take a 5% pay cut.... guess which way your premiums will be going in January.

You're already paying for healthcare now.... all that would change is where the check is sent.

Increasing teacher pay makes it a more appealing occupation. Our kids are dumb, and getting dumber. Doesn't that seem like something everyone should be interesting in correcting? I dont care if the government kicks in money to my health care or not, they can do something about the costs. My dad was charged $700 for a 3 mile ambulance ride. Doesn't that seem ridiculous? And the wealthy should pay their fair share, as Warren Buffet said, why does he pay 17% while his employees pay over 30%?

Actually the real enemy is the income disparity. Read my sig. It's not that the wealthy need to be taxed more, it's that they need to stop outsourcing jobs to the point that Americans can no longer afford to buy their products. Real income has been stagnent since the 70s. The only reason we seem wealthier these days is because of the massive expansion of credit. Credit is collapsing fast.

saw a funny headline on digg, the minimum wage is obviously 6.55 now, but it was saying that that's worth .50 less than 10 years ago.

think how much a dollar could buy if we eliminated the debt the biggest creditor has given us, the FED. that would cause massive deflation.

$5 a day back in the early century could be like getting paid 5X what the silver price is (since we still mint silver dollars).... something

like $65 at spot price now, and you would keep all of that income instead of something like 20% stolen from you.

yes, there is a wage disparity, that's capitalism, but along with that, corporatism and the idea that it is a legal entity is outrageous too.

meghanmccain.jpg

Meh...looks like a typical Scottsdale blonde....I don't care for blondes..too generic. Brunettes are more my taste..

Good call! Scottsdale is definitely one of the destinations So Cal's "Maureen McCormicks" have gravitated to, along with other nicer suburbs of up-and-coming Western cities. Yes, indeed, Cindy is very Stepford-wife looking.

The desensitization to blondes comes from all the superficial ones I knew in So Cal who thought the world owed them a living, so much so that they "crash and burn" during their undergraduate years in any half-way difficult major. All the brunettes (and redheads) I knew growing up were smarter, not to mention better looking. That's the trend I observed.

I think that this Palin lady is a likable candidate....for a mayoralty or a governorship. However, I question how, with a handful of kids to raise and not having cut her teeth politically in terms of both time and in a sizable jurisdiction, she could "preside" over the 300MM people in the US.

I think McCain decreased his winning chances with Palin.

I think Obama increased his winning chances with Biden.

If McCain had picked a more "seasoned" woman, he might have been ok.

I don't know...I could be wrong...my gut hunch and my .02

Edited by trinacriabob

How much is your healthcare contribution each month? How much does your employer kick in?

You're being forced to take a 5% pay cut.... guess which way your premiums will be going in January.

You're already paying for healthcare now.... all that would change is where the check is sent.

small local business, i could pay ~1000 for a year through school provider, but i'm still on my parents insurance.

yes i'm getting stolen from for medicare/aid. I'd like all that money back.

Increasing teacher pay makes it a more appealing occupation. Our kids are dumb, and getting dumber. Doesn't that seem like something everyone should be interesting in correcting? I dont care if the government kicks in money to my health care or not, they can do something about the costs. My dad was charged $700 for a 3 mile ambulance ride. Doesn't that seem ridiculous? And the wealthy should pay their fair share, as Warren Buffet said, why does he pay 17% while his employees pay over 30%?

another reason why income taxes are discriminatory. so it should be illegal since we demand equal right's treatment, correct? so either everyone needs to be paying alot more, or nothing. which would you rather pay? i'd vote nothing.

Edited by loki

Our kids are dumb because their parents are not interested in teaching them anything or instilling a work ethic. All they do is throw video games at them in hopes of shutting them up. Teachers have been stripped of authority by parents with lawyers, and the kids revel in it. Nobody wants to take responsibility for themselves... to make their own lives better... they're all looking for government to bail them out. These are the people Obama counts on... liberal-leaning folk.

This is one of the most pathetic elections ever. Democrats and Republicans are not aligning with their party of choice as they don't like their own candidates...and they don't like the ones on the other side, either.

McCain - the warmonger (sp) concern is legit

Obama - selling people the "ivory tower" message they want to hear

I like neither of them, and things, in general, are not good these days...

BTW, I was up in the NW over the weekend and you wouldn't believe all the Subarus with Obama stickers....

This is one of the most pathetic elections ever. Democrats and Republicans are not aligning with their party of choice as they don't like their own candidates...and they don't like the ones on the other side, either.

McCain - the warmonger (sp) concern is legit

Obama - selling people the "ivory tower" message they want to hear

I like neither of them, and things, in general, are not good these days...

BTW, I was up in the NW over the weekend and you wouldn't believe all the Subarus with Obama stickers....

I see lots of McCain stickers here in Metro Phoenix.... I'm rolling in my Grand Cherokee and the Benzes with Obama stickers...thinking about putting up an Obama/Biden sign in the front yard to piss off the Republicans on the street.

True, Bob. But it seems to be that way every go around. We're forced to vote for the person we hate the least rather than the one we like. I can't believe this is the best that either party could do.

Giuliani and Gravel would have made for a fantastic race. The debates would be something like this:

Rudy: "Noun, verb, 9/11"

Mike: *Silently picks up a rock and throws it into a lake*

LOL.... Gravel's TV ads were profound.

Rudy: "Noun, verb, 9/11"

It's a shame he decided to take that route on his campaign. You can only ring that bell so many times before people get tired of hearing it. Had he instead spent more time on how he took a no nonsense attitude towards making NYC clean, safe, and respectable again in such a short period of time, he might have done better.

You probably now know more about Sarah Palin than McCain did when he picked her. Not "selected", for that would imply a reasoned judgement. McCain decided a woman would get him Hillary's vote. Giuliani was willing to wear a dress, but it's not quite the same.

I'll just say this: As far as America's image goes, it is important that Obama gets elected.

If the American people really want to flip the bird to the rest of the world and elect McCain, I will be boycotting the country - no more American vacations or products. My allegiance to GM be damned, if that's the kind of country it comes from.

sarahpalin.jpg

Palin in her prime

I'd hit that like a K-W900 with a severed air-brake line. :smilewide:

Actually I'd even 'hit that' with Moltar's d!ck and Satty pushing.

BTW Oldsmoboi:

Your signature has a lot of weight to it.

If only the typical American had a clue

about the reality of the USA in 2008,

but these days American Idol & the

latest "scandal" involving some stupid

worthless resident of hollywood seem

to be more relevant to people than

paying attention to REAL events. <_<

Q: What was the greatest thing Henry Ford did?

A: (not the Model A nor T); but, paying his workers $5 a day-SO THEY COULD AFFORD TO BUY ONE. Business and the USA have impoverished the American workforce-AFTER offshoring as much manufacturing as they could. They (BigBusiness) have gotten everything they wanted-and now, no one can purchase their goods and services....

Be careful what you wish for...

The only real difference between counterfeiting and inflation is who's doing the printing.

---

My take?

McCain (McAmnesty) sucks haaaaardcore and Obama is worse still.

I was very optimistic about Obama when I started listening to what

& who he supports, but as it turns out the Dems. have managed to

pick ANOTHER unelectable candidate.

I hope McCain wins, if only because the ubber-liberal Obama

scares the heck out of me.

My ideal prez.?

- HARDLINE republican in terms of PROTECTING individual liberties!

- Pro-Small Government, like a TRUE Rep. should be.

- More relaxed gun laws for REGISTERED gun owners (you know, the NON-criminals!)

- Pro-union, to a realistic degree

- Socially liberal.... I'm pro-choice but only to a degree, NOTHING past 1st term.

- Not a pu$$y like Gore or Kerry, but someone who will pull us out of Iraq

- Progressive, idealistic but not a dope

e.g. Keep (manufacturing) jobs in the USA, stop the outsourcing hemoraging

In a perfect world: all the qualities mentioned, in a Condolesa Rice package.

Smarts, minority is fine as is two X chromosones & a primary focus on the economy.

--

Edited by Sixty8panther

You probably now know more about Sarah Palin than McCain did when he picked her. Not "selected", for that would imply a reasoned judgement. McCain decided a woman would get him Hillary's vote. Giuliani was willing to wear a dress, but it's not quite the same.

Its funny you mention McCain not knowing much about Palin. I remember back in July or early August, her name was floated aroundby a pundit of some sort who then immediately killed any chance she had because of TrooperGate and political views that wont win over any Hillary voters. McCain has until she is formally nominated and accepts to dump her from the ticket,, but I dont think he will. If he did, it would be another stroke of genius, because he'd be getting even more press time then.

Its funny you mention McCain not knowing much about Palin. I remember back in July or early August, her name was floated aroundby a pundit of some sort who then immediately killed any chance she had because of TrooperGate and political views that wont win over any Hillary voters. McCain has until she is formally nominated and accepts to dump her from the ticket,, but I dont think he will. If he did, it would be another stroke of genius, because he'd be getting even more press time then.

McCain has been around too long to simply dump her if he decides that she is a liability - she will cite personal reasons for her withdrawal from consideration. :AH-HA_wink:

Even so, I doubt that she's going anywhere as she has "pacified the base" for him already. That is the only reason she was chosen rather than Lieberman (who McCain really wanted).

I am bit disappointed that he didn't take the gutsy route and choose Lieberman, that would have been the centrist ticket of the century. But the right-wing nutjobs have so compromised the Republican party that I guess he just couldn't make that one fly.

Too bad.

There were threats of a walk-out at the convention if McCain went with Lieberman, which is a shame, because as you said, that would be a decently centrist ticket. The McCain of 2000 and the Lieberman of 2000 would have been the ultimate centrist ticket, but McCain has moved further right and Lieberman has pissed off Democrats by supporting the Iraq war.

What is really bad, for both candidates, both parties, and the American people, is that McCain's campaign manager said flat out that this election isn't about the issues. What that says to me is that they're going to make it a referendum on Obama, which means negative ads and attack ads. Thats not the way politics should work, in fact if they do go exclusively negative, it will be the opposite of what McCain said he'd do at the start of it all. Elections should be about ideas and visions for the future, not about who can sling the most dirt to get the job.

I am bit disappointed that he didn't take the gutsy route and choose Lieberman, that would have been the centrist ticket of the century. But the right-wing nutjobs have so compromised the Republican party that I guess he just couldn't make that one fly.

Lieberan isn't "centrist," he's an Independent in name only. But a Democrat-cum-Independent who consistently votes with the Republicans would at least be consistent with the "Maverick" credentials, and he is at least qualified for the job--no one could credibly argue that.

ETA:

What is really bad, for both candidates, both parties, and the American people, is that McCain's campaign manager said flat out that this election isn't about the issues. What that says to me is that they're going to make it a referendum on Obama, which means negative ads and attack ads. Thats not the way politics should work, in fact if they do go exclusively negative, it will be the opposite of what McCain said he'd do at the start of it all. Elections should be about ideas and visions for the future, not about who can sling the most dirt to get the job.

Well, when your entire inner circle is identical to Bush's, a Bush-style campaign is what you're going to get. Thankfully the Dems have stopped being such pussies for this election cycle and have actually gone on the offensive a couple times. Gotta love Biden.

Edited by Croc

My ideal prez.?

- More relaxed gun laws for REGISTERED gun owners (you know, the NON-criminals!)

Whats sad is that it shouldn't take a hardliner to protect personal liberties, just someone literate. The Bill of Rights has been around for nearly 220 years, no need to reinvent the wheel. If you need to make two jumps to get something to fit, it doesn't fit. Meaning:

If you interpret X to mean Y then reinterpret Y to mean Z, then X violates Amendment A. Like saying income taxes are akin to slavery, its just too big of a jump that the Founding Fathers would frown upon.

I have a feeling you and I will agree on some gun laws, and disagree on others. I dont fully agree with an assault weapon ban, but I really dont think the 2nd Amendment was put in so Joe Schmo could keep an AK-47 in every room of his house. I dont know what a perfect solution to this would be, in fact there probably isn't one that will please both sides of the debate. I also dont agree with the de facto handgun bans that several major cities (including my hometown of Chicago) have/had, but I see the logic behind them. I just dont see how keeping people from legally buying a gun is going to cut crime, since guns are easy enough to steal or import from an outlying area. People who are careless with their guns should have to deal with the law. I have a couple of antique shotguns in the house, both of them are in a case and have trigger locks. The ammo is elsewhere. Thats somewhat responsible. People who put their 9mm in the sock drawer then seem shocked when Little Billy takes it and busts a cap in someone's ass are not responsible. Did they pull the trigger? No, but they didn't keep the trigger from being pulled.

My ideal prez.?

- Pro-Small Government, like a TRUE Rep. should be.

- Pro-union, to a realistic degree

- Socially liberal.... I'm pro-choice but only to a degree, NOTHING past 1st term.

- Not a pu$$y like Gore or Kerry, but someone who will pull us out of Iraq

- Progressive, idealistic but not a dope

e.g. Keep (manufacturing) jobs in the USA, stop the outsourcing hemoraging

In a perfect world: all the qualities mentioned, in a Condolesa Rice package.

Smarts, minority is fine as is two X chromosones & a primary focus on the economy.

--

up to the "pro-union" you sound like you could've voted R.P.

because the abortion issue would be worked out at the state level.

Satty-

I dont fully agree with an assault weapon ban, but I really dont think the 2nd Amendment was put in so Joe Schmo could keep an AK-47 in every room of his house. I dont know what a perfect solution to this would be, in fact there probably isn't one that will please both sides of the debate.

one could say that the rest of the second amendment could precipitate that kind of stockpile. all it takes is one tank in the wrong hands and everyone knows the guns wouldn't do &#036;h&#33;, or how about an attack helicopter. national defense couldn't act quick enough, and i know we don't have any tanks at the local national guard armory to counter with.

"the best defense is a strong offense" and with nukes/missles, why not have high powered lasers in your home too? hahaha

Wow!

This is a first.

I think that I'm more optimistic than the rest of this crowd. I see huge positives as well as huge negatives to both major party candidates, but I see a better future either way. Both of these two outclass Bush by an order of magnitude.

i was going to ask, short summary what you like/dislike?

>>"People keep forgetting. McCain has little to no executive experience. He's been a Congressman and Senator his whole career.... Palin is the only executive decision we have to go on to judge his fitness for the office.

Do you really want that level of competence and thoroughness in the White House? In wartime? When making decisions about Iran and Russia? The prospect is terrifying."<<

The laughable thing about this tack is that BO has far far far less experience; he has less than JM, he has less than SP. BO's actual time in office as a U.S. Senator- 143 days. Thats 6.5 months... of no executive experience. Zero. Oh; he's claimed he has plenty 'running my presidential campaign for 18 months' :rolleyes: , so we're all supposed to "ignore that man behind the curtain" (David Alexrod).

The Messiah's VP choice for the 'Party of Change & Hope' is a man (a mere 6 years younger than JM- but his age is never mentioned as a detriment) who's been a senator since Nixon was President. No one sees that as a hypocritical choice on Alexr.... BO's part WRT to the party's bumperstickers ?? Where's the 'change' in Biden ?? Where's the hope: that'll he'll be off playing golf on yet another tax increase vote or 2 ??

It was reported today that the mainstream media has called McCain's campaign demanding a paternity test on Palin's newborn son ! 'Unmitigated gaul', I believe the term would be... and since it's blatantly obvious the media is in the tank for BO.... let's not hear anymore about R mudslinging. Or has BO come out condemning that attempt and I missed it ? Yeah- didn't think so... yet his stumping & speeching wife "should be off limits". He should be a good speech receiter; his tongue's hinged at both ends.

Satty:

I agree with 97.5% of what you said.

Fact is, that gun laws that are more strict ad make law-abiding

citizens jump through hoops are just pain dumb, ESP. when the

freekin' majority of the instances where guns are used to aid in

or as a part of a criminal act the gun is stolen, unregistered &

orsome other combo. of ILLEGAL.

As far asguns laws are concered (here's that other 2.5%)

Iwholeheartedly beleive that if you have a clean record & are

a law abiding citizen, you sould be abe to ow how ever many

guns, of any type as you can afford.

Cars kill more people than guns, yet if I ever find myself in a

financial position to own about 200 classic cars/trucks I will

thank YOU, our state & local goverments from teling me

how many I can & can't have.

----

Now as far Liberman, McCain is liberal ENOUGH without him.

There's a LOT of smoke & mirrors in this election, remember

Hillary (and by extenson Billy F.C. & even Liberman) want

Obama to lose so that SHE can run again in 2012 and be the

knight in shinning armourwho rescues the USA from the

clutches of the evill republicans. :rolleyes:

Our kids are dumb because their parents are not interested in teaching them anything or instilling a work ethic. All they do is throw video games at them in hopes of shutting them up. Teachers have been stripped of authority by parents with lawyers, and the kids revel in it. Nobody wants to take responsibility for themselves... to make their own lives better... they're all looking for government to bail them out. These are the people Obama counts on... liberal-leaning folk.

Amen!!!

Edited by Sixty8panther

There's a LOT of smoke & mirrors in this election, remember

Hillary (and by extenson Billy F.C. & even Liberman) want

Obama to loose so that HE can run again in 2012 and be the

knight in shinning armourwho rescues the USA from the

clutches of the evill republicans. :rolleyes:

Amen!!!

That's a horrifying thought, 4 more years of the Repubs...the current 8 year run is 8 too many, IMHO...

well.... untill Bush came along I always thought Republicans

were the lesser of the two evils, but Bush sucks as a Rep. &

it seems in general the terms "republican" & "democrat" do

not mean what they did prior to 2001.

>>"People keep forgetting. McCain has little to no executive experience. He's been a Congressman and Senator his whole career.... Palin is the only executive decision we have to go on to judge his fitness for the office.

Do you really want that level of competence and thoroughness in the White House? In wartime? When making decisions about Iran and Russia? The prospect is terrifying."<<

The laughable thing about this tack is that BO has far far far less experience; he has less than JM, he has less than SP. BO's actual time in office as a U.S. Senator- 143 days. Thats 6.5 months... of no executive experience. Zero. Oh; he's claimed he has plenty 'running my presidential campaign for 18 months' :rolleyes: , so we're all supposed to "ignore that man behind the curtain" (David Alexrod).

Men behind the curtain? Dick Cheney who? Karl Rove who? Donald Rumsfeld who? Bush couldn't manage his way out of a paper bag and he was re-elected despite 4 years of proof of that. Bush fiddled while Rome burned <played the guitar while New Orleans flooded>.

More than executive experience <a good chief of staff will handle that part>, I'm looking for sound and reasoned judgment. Someone who can change direction in the face of new evidence. Someone who is willing to use diplomacy first and weapons only as a last resort. Someone who doesn't include cruise missiles and troop numbers in an energy policy.

If being a Senator doesn't count for experience, then John McCain has none, Joe Biden has none, and Barak Obama has none.... the only person with "experience" on either ticket is Sarah Palin.... which is scary because she governed, for 2 years, a land area larger than California and Texas combined yet had a population smaller than that of Pittsburgh, PA.

McCain can't even make up his own mind on his own policies. John Kerry gave a brilliant speech on John McCain during the DNC but the networks hardly covered it. I suggest you look it up on youtube.

McCain can't even make up his own mind on his own policies. John Kerry gave a brilliant speech on John McCain during the DNC but the networks hardly covered it. I suggest you look it up on youtube.

obama says one thing but then does another. i'm thinking of the nsa bill. that's strong lead... wait, what a tool. LOL but i'm not enthused about mccain either.

obama says one thing but then does another. i'm thinking of the nsa bill. that's strong lead... wait, what a tool. LOL but i'm not enthused about mccain either.

Obama didn't write the nsa bill.

McCain criticizes bills he himself wrote.

Yup... this election reminds me of what it would be like to be

stuck in some podunk airport with only two rental cars left:

Either a Peptol-pink Aveo or an aquamarine Honda Fit. :yuck:

Obama didn't write the nsa bill.

McCain criticizes bills he himself wrote.

ok, but he said he would have the bill reviewed or something (if he became president), the term slips my mind, but the jist of it is, why would he oppose it, but then not vote against it?

no, no, NO, NO!

It was Hill666ry Rod-ham Clinton that started that nonsense, was it not...

(paraphrase)

I voted FOR it even though I was AGAINST it,

...but I was hoping it would NOT pass.

If I had my way I'd ship 'em all to a big, scummy, dirty

"pathalogical lier, theif & sociopath" delinquent home!

(all politicians that is)

Edited by Sixty8panther

Actually she would shoot a moose, make mincemeat out of that and serve it to her 5 children.

including the pregnant teenager who is choosing to keep the baby and the newborn down syndrome one which she didn't abort......

and BTW, did you know that McCain was a POW?

Oldsmoboi:

Are you serious? :unsure:

Who didn't? I thought it was common knowledge like

the fact that we all know G.H.Bush (Sr.) was a WWII

fighter pilot in the pacific and got shot down in air

combat in a Wildcat... (or was it Hellcat?) fighter, it

sank into the ocean and he was a sitting duck untill

he got picked up... it was 1943 IIRC.

If memory serves me correct McCain's captors

tortured him, broke his arms & starved him. He

was a POW for like 5 or 6 years!?

Despite anything I don't like about the guy that

kind of torture, suffering & anguish I can not

even imgine, AAAAAND then again there's other

POWs who say he exagerated his experience,

refused to give crredit to the Vietnamese guy

(some peasant) who saved his life by preventing

McCain from drowning etc...

Edited by Sixty8panther

Oldsmoboi:

Are you serious? :unsure:

Yes...we know he was tortured and held prisoner...he constantly talks about it. BFD. It happened a long time ago, and is irrelevant to his leadership potential...(I wonder if that experience has made his legendary temper worse). I know a lot of people here in AZ that are sick to death of hearing his schtick over and over and over...