InvictaMan

Escalade Lambda Confirmed Again

85 posts in this topic

leave that up to the product planners and financiers to see what kind of formula they come up with. Escalade has never been king of the road handling course. nor king of off road course. nor king of percieved luxury [on the inside--that designation goes to regal and English technical Range Rovers]. Escalade has been king of brash intimidating message and luxury. Let's hope a classic stance is retained, percieved luxury improves significantly [current gen was already a massive step ahead], some sport is injected via stance and design accoutrements inside and out, and whoa what a miracle it would be for them to actually invest in platform advancements that would filter down to actually make this Cadillac Lambda a legitimate sports luxury SUV like an X5 or GL wagon competitor. the last one is the most we can hope for, but certainly the first ones we can look out for, and if acheived, Cadillac may succeed, FWD or not. that poser cute ute of chick mobile SRX with its exeedingly large overhangs and overly conservative stance on the other hand is a loser in my book and a stain to the Cadillac name.

It will no doubt compete well with the front drive offerings from Jaguar/Land Rover, BMW and Mercedes, oh wait...

Oh God...

Why would GM shy away from the current SUV; don't they realize that there is still a market for big SUV's? Snoop-Dogg wannabees don't give two-$h!s about gas mileage.

Edited by Captainbooyah

Ehh, actually GM is seeing a lot of sales going to diesel GL 320 CDIs. A Lambda-based Escalade will be at least as big as the current model, and could even feature a V8. Of course this is hardly confirmation, just another report.

EPIC_fail :angry:

I see this as good news.

The Lambda architecture offers a clean slate if done right (please don't make an Enclave with a Caddy grille!).

This could be good or bad...

If it comes with AWD and a V8 and retains the attitude of the current truck, then it'll be good.

If it's "Traversed" it'll be bad.

I just don't want this to 1) Kill the only bright spot Buick has right now and 2) Kill one of only 2 bright spots Cadillac has right now.

If the EXT is moving to Zeta, then why can't the regualr Escalade do it too? Is Zeta not big enough or refined enough?

I just hope the Escalade doesn't lose all of it's 'truck-status' sales over it basically becoming a minivan.

Oh, and we already knew that Lambda could fit a V8 since at one time an Enlcave Super and/or Acadia Denali was planned. But wasn't the V8 that was going into the Lambdas supposed to be the UV8 at one time?

Other FWD based Cadillac...

Looks like the CTS is the only one worth buying (maybe the STS).

Sweet! Can't wait for the Epsilon II CTS and Gamma XLR!

<_<

the Delta BLS will also kick some serious ass.

It'll understeer with the "best" of them.

How about Cadillac badging of the Beat?

Woo...that would give Caddy an A-class competitor...how about a V-series version? 1.4 litres of fury on the Nurburgring.

I think we need another Cobalt rebadge wearing the Wreath and Crest badge.

On a side note GM bought the full rights to manufacture Tata Nano under Chevy badge and shall have a car on the same architecture for Cadillac to be called Cadillac Pico - Oh wait it is a RWD - change in plans the architecture shall be modified to spawn FWD models to gain 0.00005 mpg in fuel economy.

I think we need another Cobalt rebadge wearing the Wreath and Crest badge.

Considering the Cobalt was the fastest FWD around the ring until 2 months ago and beat out BMWs and Ferarris........ it could certainly be worse.

Considering the Cobalt was the fastest FWD around the ring until 2 months ago and beat out BMWs and Ferarris........ it could certainly be worse.

Ring is a track that generally favors FWD biased cars when the power, weight and other factors stay same.

I never could figure that out..I've always thought FWDs by nature sucked at handling,being nose heavy, prone to understeer...that was a big WTF??? moment for me.

Edited by moltar

I never could figure that out..I've always thought FWDs by nature sucked at handling,being nose heavy, prone to understeer...that was a big WTF??? moment for me.

for an interesting read, pick up this month's MotorTrend. full article on handling. cobalt is one of the 12 cars.

Edited by 97regalGS

most average citizens and car users will prefer fwd feel to rwd, rwd is tail happy. fwd front heaviness to a point is a positive, it makes the front end 'feel secure', esp in wet weather.

i am ok with front drive if the weight balance is decent and not 'nose heavy'. tires make a difference. a well set up fwd car feels as good to me and any rwd car i've driven.

leave that up to the product planners and financiers to see what kind of formula they come up with. Escalade has never been king of the road handling course. nor king of off road course. nor king of percieved luxury [on the inside--that designation goes to regal and English technical Range Rovers]. Escalade has been king of brash intimidating message and luxury. Let's hope a classic stance is retained, percieved luxury improves significantly [current gen was already a massive step ahead], some sport is injected via stance and design accoutrements inside and out, and whoa what a miracle it would be for them to actually invest in platform advancements that would filter down to actually make this Cadillac Lambda a legitimate sports luxury SUV like an X5 or GL wagon competitor. the last one is the most we can hope for, but certainly the first ones we can look out for, and if acheived, Cadillac may succeed, FWD or not. that poser cute ute of chick mobile SRX with its exeedingly large overhangs and overly conservative stance on the other hand is a loser in my book and a stain to the Cadillac name.

Well, I can say that now that I've sold quite a few Escalades, I can tell you the one thing that, ironically, people buy the Escalade for, is because it is the biggest luxury SUV on the market. In this case, SIZE is one of the primary factors in the sale of the Escalade.

I've sold quite a few against Range Rover due to the fact that the RR is simply "not big enough."

Now whether this size-factor is due to true roominess, or the simple bling factor of it all, I'm not sure......but I see a move from GMT-900 to a Lambda as sure death for the Escalade name.

Lambda would have made a great, new SRX however......

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor