I shouldn't even be considering this...

But a good friend of mine called me up to say that he had a line on a '92 K-5 Blazer with a 5spd. manual - going cheap.

Newer engine, inspected and legal, not rusty...

I'm trying to forget that I know about it.

Edited by Camino LS6

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dounds like a sweet ride. You know I love those things. Is the engine a direct replacement for the TBI 350 that came stock, or is it something more potent. Does it have the rear barn doors?

I loved my one off 1985 blazer with the iron duke and a 5 speed. yeah try to find one of those babies. I didn't know until after i sold it that it was a prototype prep vehicle. I had so much fun in that suv. In 4x4 you could do more than what my 02 Sierra can do. Its just it was rusting and i was on the 5-6 clutch and it had 200k on it. At the end it would top out at 59 mph in 5th floored.

Paint it pink

Believe it or not...Tim Porter, my old neighbor used to build trucks for people, and had one of his trucks featured in a magazine.

He had a guy want a truck in pink...guy was 6'7", Army ranger. Got what he wanted.

Stranger than fiction, yes.

Chris

Camino, life is short and if things keep going to crap in ten years we'll all be in human powered rickshaws and cars will be a distant memeory.

Buy the damned Blazer and enjoy it while you can.

Chris

Dounds like a sweet ride. You know I love those things. Is the engine a direct replacement for the TBI 350 that came stock, or is it something more potent. Does it have the rear barn doors?

I'm being pushed over the edge with a silly low price, so I have to at least go look it over. The engine is an update, but I don't have all of the particulars yet.

Sadly, no barn doors - but the 5spd. makes up for it.

As Mol..., I mean Cube says, they are quite rare.

Now to find the time to take a look.

Wish I could come across such a thing; the girl wants to learn to drive a stick, wants a 4WD for the winter, and likes this generation of Blazer/two-door Tahoe.

Such a machine in my neck of the woods would kill many birds with one stone.

...if nothing else...you live in PA. You could make back the cost of purchase by plowing a little snow with it.

Chris

I'm trying to avoid plowing snow these days, and the Silverado is already equipped with a plow.

No, this one would remain plow-free.

Good luck! I've been following this thread closely, waiting for this guy to return your call and for you to finally see it. If possible, take some pictures and post them here. I know you really want one of these two-door full-size SUVs, so hopefully something works out for you. I still keep my eyes open for a '92-'97 GMC Yukon 2-door for myself... nothing lately, but I check online auto sites at least once a week.

{Sitting on the edge of my seat}

I hope you get it! That's an awesome combo!

I'd love a late '70s K5 Blazer with a 5-speed

& barn doors and 2WD for utility, practicality

& durability combined w/ "economical MPGs"

esp. if it was straight-six 250 powered!

Yeah, I think so.

But it has a pair of somewhat major issues.

I'm going to do some research before I pull the trigger.

Was it the scene of a murder? 'Cause it probably isn't haunted, that only happens in the movies.

Go for it, sharp color combo. Is it a 350, with 5spd and 4WD right? I can see you totally rocking it.

That's the configuration all right, and this truck must have been a factory order as it has some strange option combinations.

And no Satty, I don't think it is haunted.