I Hate Dylan

Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate the impact the man had on music and what he was attempting to do, but Bob Dylan could not: a.) sing, b.) play guitar, c.) play harmonica, or d.) write consistently good lyrics (which are as deep as a supermodel is shallow).

If the local classic rock station plays "Like A Rolling Stone" one more time, I'm going to shove Bob's harmonica down his neck.

Edited by whiteknight

Ditto to the OP. Did not care for Bob Dylan's voice.

Hey, people tell me I'm nuts when I tell them I don't like the all time classic "Stairway to Heaven." I did like "The Immigrant Song," though, with that ridiculous waling sound in the refrain...

Ditto to the OP. Did not care for Bob Dylan's voice.

Dylan in only O.K. in small batches. His best stuff is the Travelling Wilburys.

Hey, people tell me I'm nuts when I tell them I don't like the all time classic "Stairway to Heaven." I did like "The Immigrant Song," though, with that ridiculous waling sound in the refrain...

I'm a big Led Zep fan and I don't like Stairway to Heaven... especially after the first 34000 times I heard it.

I'm a big Led Zep fan and I don't like Stairway to Heaven... especially after the first 34000 times I heard it.

Same here. I love Zep, but "Stairway" ranks very low on the list of my favorite songs. It isn't a bad song and the composition is great, but it somehow gets branded and re-branded as "an all-time epic" and I don't think it really is. I think people gave it that title because they aren't used to listening to an eight-minute long song.

"No Quarter" is awesome though. I love the electric piano, the guitar, and the double guitar solo. It's a great "cold weather" Zeppelin song.

Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate the impact the man had on music and what he was attempting to do, but Bob Dylan could not: a.) sing, b.) play guitar, c.) play harmonica, or d.) write consistently good lyrics (which are as deep as a supermodel is shallow).

If the local classic rock station plays "Like A Rolling Stone" one more time, I'm going to shove Bob's harmonica down his neck.

:lol:

I generally prefer covers of Dylan to Dylan himself in general--he's written some great songs. Though I do like some of his later work--the 'Time Out of Mind' album and the 'Wonder Boys' soundtrack in particular.

In general, though, in the whole folk/rock/Americana space, I much prefer Bruce Springsteen...I never tire of hearing his mid '70s albums ('Born to Run', 'Darkness on the Edge of Town'), or his recent brilliant E Street Band albums ('The Rising', 'Magic', 'Working on Dream') and the rest...

The best live performances I've seen in 25 years of concerts have been BS & ESB shows...

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

I'd like to dedicate this song to Bahb.

Once upon a time when your turds were tapped

You'd play the cat with brown rats, didn't you?

People would yell and say, "You stink like shit!"

You thought they were just hatin' you

You used to moan, scream and shout

When Jerome hid his trout

Now you don't talk so loud

Now you don't seem so proud

About the infection in your one brown eye

Tell me, how did it feel

How did it feel

To moan "Jerome!"

In the back of an old motorhome

On a videophone

Edited by whiteknight

I generally prefer covers of Dylan to Dylan himself in general ...

Okay, I will admit this ... hearing Layne Staley and Ann Wilson cover "Ring Them Bells" was almost a bit heart wrenching ... except when Ann sang that line about a sacred cow. That's what held the whole song back from being pretty damn amazing, a dumb line written by Dylan just so he could rhyme (... damn it).

Never really got into Bob Dylan or folk. The Beatles are another band that I have tried to get into, but they never hold my interest for long. Helter Skelter and Come Together are the only two Beatles songs I would listen to on a regular basis.

There's not much music from the 60s that I really enjoy until one starts getting toward 1968-1969.