Lambda-Can they build a sedan based on this???

dirtyvega

Does anyone want a FWD sedan that's over 4,500 lbs?

If the Weight and layout would sell with the Lambda Crossovers. I can't see it as a detriment to sedan sales.

Its what the Next Impala and Deville should be.FWD/ Awd Lambda Sedans.

Edited by Ghost Dog

If the Weight and layout would  sell  with the Lambda Crossovers. I can't see it as a detriment to sedan sales.

Its what the Next Impala and Deville should be.FWD/ Awd Lambda Sedans.

If we took a poll, I would think most people here want the Impala to be a RWD 300/Charger competitor with V8 options.

It depends upon size. It seems Sigma-zeta has a max wheelbase about 116 inches. And a Width of 73 inches.

If you want a Caprice Size Vehicle,Lambda with a wheelbase of 119. and a Width of 79 inches is a better match. That However is to big For Impala. Good Match for Deville though.

If you want a Caprice Size Vehicle,Lambda with a wheelbase of 119. and a Width of 79 inches is a better match. That However is to big For Impala. Good Match for Deville though.

If the next Malibu will be larger, shouldn't the next Impala also be larger than the current model?

If the next Malibu will be larger, shouldn't the next Impala also be larger than the current model?

Then you play with the formula to much. 73 inches wide, 200 inches long is generating volume. Although its suffering from a Boring redesign. Still almost Twice the Chrysler 300c sales wise.

I think if there is a next Malibu. It said to be a Reskinned Aura. 112 WB but still only about 70 inches wide, 190 inches long.

Edited by Ghost Dog

The last Caprice was 116 wb and 77 inches wide..it was a whale... I think 116 wb, 74 inches wide, and 200 inches long would be more than large enough for a RWD Caprice revival...

The last Caprice was 116 wb and 77 inches wide..it was a whale...  I think 116 wb, 74 inches wide, and 200 inches long would be more than large enough for a RWD Caprice revival...

If they make a Caprice, I'd like it to be longer than 200 inches. The Impala is 200 inches. Make the Caprice about 204 or 205. I miss LARGE cars.

The last Caprice was 116 wb and 77 inches wide..it was a whale...  I think 116 wb, 74 inches wide, and 200 inches long would be more than large enough for a RWD Caprice revival...

Impala is 73 inches wide 200 inches long.

2 Chevys exactly the same size would'nt be cost effective. Developing Vehicles to compete with each other in the same showroom. One platform Either RWD with Very Cheap AWD (Price around 24k). Or FWD with Rear Biased Awd .

The RW platform with AWD has to hit very near Base FWD price. Or Volume will max at around 100k. (compared to Impalas 240k). FW platform can reach Volume and get a premium for Rear Biased Awd.

If They Can Do Zeta with progressive on demand AWD, get 30-35 mpg highway, for $24-$25k Move Impala over. If Not be prepared to cut Volume in Half.

Edited by Ghost Dog

Now I know not everyone is a fan of the Honda Ridgeline, but wasn't there also talk that there may be a lamda derivative truck in the pipeline?  Is this still possible?  Does anyone here like the idea...?

-Pharm.D

At one time it was under consideration, but the program supposedly wasn't approved. I would have bought one.

If they make a Caprice, I'd like it to be longer than 200 inches.  The Impala is 200 inches.  Make the Caprice about 204 or 205.  I miss LARGE cars.

I agree. I think the next Impala should grow to that length. Or Caprice, or whatever it would be called. The Malibu and Impala (in it's current iteration) is overkill. Take the Impala up a notch the next time around.

I agree.  I think the next Impala should grow to that length. Or Caprice, or whatever it would be called.  The Malibu and Impala (in it's current iteration) is overkill.  Take the Impala up a notch the next time around.

You would be drastically Shrinking Impala Volume. Without any real Room to Grow Malibu Volume.

The RWD Impalas sales Volume was a Shadow of the FWD versions.

trust me, just get one!  its a nice size!

Posted Image

My problem with the FiveHundred is that I absolutely hate Ford interiors.. I mean, it's not like the Mercury version is any better.

I would say I would want a powertrain with a little more pep, but that'll be solved by the addition of the 3.5L V6 when it comes out.

The exterior, well, it's not a huge winner with me, but I definitely don't dislike it. I like conservative designs, and this is one if I ever saw one.

I mean, if there were a few changes, I would totally see myself buying one in a second (if I was out for a car right now).

My problem with the FiveHundred is that I absolutely hate Ford interiors.. I mean, it's not like the Mercury version is any better.

I would say I would want a powertrain with a little more pep, but that'll be solved by the addition of the 3.5L V6 when it comes out.

The exterior, well, it's not a huge winner with me, but I definitely don't dislike it.  I like conservative designs, and this is one if I ever saw one.

I mean, if there were a few changes, I would totally see myself buying one in a second (if I was out for a car right now).

let me tell you, i get tons of compliments on how nice the interior is. Its pretty good. its light years better than the interior in the 06 Monte Carlo rental my buddy had here last week. The Lucerne's interior isn't really any better actually.

regarding the size of the car, i like the size but wish it were a little bit lighter car...or maybe that's me that needs to get lighter.

• 2 weeks later...

One of the best C&G chops I've seen ever was done on the old board. A Saturn "sport pick-up"....I think it would do wonders for Lambda.

As much as I don't like Saturn, the "sport market" could be huge for them with a pick-up truck meant for nothing but style.

I wish we could retrieve that old chop. It was great and would be a sales killer today.

GM can only afford to do one large car platform and it looks like Chi has given way to Zeta completely.

That's good to hear. Honestly, I didn't see the point in GM spending what little money they have on 2 new large car platforms. It just seemed redundant.

The Chi platform was supposedly going to be the offshoot Lambda, but that's looking less likely by the day.  GM can only afford to do one large car platform and it looks like Chi has given way to Zeta completely.  As for Lambda, there is another. :AH-HA_wink:

Now the only question is will they build a Buick off of it.

Good news! I like the Ford Five Hundred, but the styling is nothing really special unfortunately-yet another student of the "Pleasantly Bland" School of Design. They should have directly productionized the 2000 Prodigy concept, with its edgy styling (traces of which I see in the Five Hundred's style), but other than the lack of a front bench seat, more power, etc.-it seems like an otherwise fine car, with great standard and optional equipment array-to-price ratios. And how about a supercharged, 300hp ST or SHO variant? and a SelectShift II manual-capable 6-speed OD electronic automatic transmission?

Chrominium-have you seen the Five Hundred, being in France? Honestly, I just don't see the height in the design-and that's a good thing-cars like Toyota Echo and pretty much all the new subcompacts/lower compacts now look way too tall and top heavy-not a good thing, not appealing whatsoever to most people I imagine. And its pretty wide inside from what I remember.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? FWD IS DEAD, DEAD, DEAD.

Any decision to move forward with FWD (other than economical compact cars) at this point would be asking for failure and disaster.

I have to reply to the above message, FWD is NOT dead!!!!!!! Look at the volume in the Mid-Size and Larger-Size segments. The volume vehicles are all FWD. RWD has a place and it would be best if GM worked on a mid/large size platform that will be extremely versatile for use by most of the divisions to supplement their FWD offerings.

Give me one shred of evidence that there is a complete and exclusive resurgence for RWD sedans. I would like just ONE! There isn't a single instance that would show this. The LX line-up is still questionable as to whether the momentum will last and infact I would question whether RWD really has anything to do with the success of the line, I say it has more to do with the styling.

That said, the sales are not that impressive compared to models such as Impala, Camery, and Accord.

Edited by jd2b