carstar

New '07/'08 Chrysler Sebring spy pics!

47 posts in this topic

First of all I like this website :CG_all:

In l.a. around the afternoon i saw this chrysler in a gas station, so (luckly) i had my camera at the time and took a couple of pic.

Posted Image

The first pic it looks like it "bending", because it's the camera fault.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here's some bits and pieces of this chrysler;

- This appears to be a "base" chrysler: wheel covers, cloth seating, single exhaust pipe, black outside mirrors.

- The front end grill is similar to the current crossfire

- There are structureless wiper blades.

- Headlights are a two bulb and a turn-signal setup which looks like a mix of the crossfire and that 5-door chrysler concept ( i forgot the name)

- the back is completly covered with camo, the only thing you can see is a little bit of CHMSL and signal/stop lamps

- inside the interior is grey, :P

- the only interior bits shared with the Dodge Cabriler (is that right?) is the steering wheel, gauges, and the radio.

- there are silver around the door panel, chrome around shift knob

- the backseat has two (large) fixed head rest

- the c-pillar inside has some sculptured look

so far this sebering looks good so far. Maybe next week i'll draw of how is chrysler will look like.

Great catch carstar!

Congratulations on taking some of the highest-quality shots of the new Sebring thus far.

Good photos... You could probably make money off them. :P

The interior isn't all that bad looking. Other than the steering wheel, that is. The rest... it's still too hard to tell.

Interesting... I'm getting quite a Renault vibe from the grille, C-pillar, and overall proportions. The dashboard reminds me of some cheap Mercedes or something.

Nice catch, carstar. This thing may shape up OK after all. I'm still suspicious of the ribbed hood though.

Nice catch, carstar.  This thing may shape up OK after all.  I'm still suspicious of the ribbed hood though.

I wouldn't worry too much it should be good...the Sebring is one of Chrysler's best models as far as attainability goes...the convertible is something they HAVE TO GET RIGHT. They will. I have confidence in DCX...

Carstar's been on the site for 14 hours and already made the front page. :)

Thanks for the photos and welcome to the site!

LOL, lucky carstar, lol

Can't tell for sure but it seems like the grille design borrows a bit from Cadillac (which isn't to say that Cadillac invented the style).

I am looking forward to seeing it without the camo.

- E.S. Mail

Guest Josh

Can't tell for sure but it seems like the grille design borrows a bit from Cadillac (which isn't to say that Cadillac invented the style). 

I am looking forward to seeing it without the camo.

- E.S. Mail

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought the same about the grille. Seems very Art & Science.

what was the concept a while back? Airflite or something?

bingo! yes the ariflite!

although there is four pics i've got a chance to look at the car for about a min. During that time i got a chance to look at the back seating area ,i actually stick my head inside (just a little) the the interior because the windows were rolled down, and looked closely at the head lamps/ grill. ^_^

Welcome to the site Carstar and thanks for the great pics. It looks like Chrysler is definitely not using the 300c design theme on this one and going for a more elegant, wrap-around headlight design that is reminiscent of the Chrysler concepts from the 90s.

Looks sort of like a miniature Mercedes CLS to me:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I also noted that the interior, while having a beautiful, intriguing layout, is saddled with the same Rubbermaid steering wheel that the Caliber uses. A pity.

The interior looks rather block and flat, like most Chrysler interiors these days. I can't tell much about the exterior, but the grill and front end looks interesting.

Thanks for the pics, carstar, and welcome to C&G!

Most excellent! It seems as though there is a possibility of this being good-looking.

As for the title on the main page, hey, we support the American brands, yes? I don't think there's too much to fear. Like a phoenix rising from its ashes, GM is returning to greatness. It just takes a little time. The Titanic wasn't built in a day, and if it had proper guidance, it wouldn't have sank.

Thanks for the pictures!

I am not a fan of oversized headlights. Can't really tell if these are gargantuan, but they do appear to wrap around the fenders.

I love the 300, and hope that magic can be brought down in size here.