ATS Spy PIcs

z28luvr01

I was trying to picture a 3-series in those side shots, to know what to expect size-wise as I expect the cars to be pretty much aligned in overall size.

The overall vibe I get is a bit of a shrunken CTS. Not bad as I prefer to have some continuity in theme and not have one model that is too edgy and then another that is too soft...

I was trying to picture a 3-series in those side shots, to know what to expect size-wise as I expect the cars to be pretty much aligned in overall size.

The overall vibe I get is a bit of a shrunken CTS. Not bad as I prefer to have some continuity in theme and not have one model that is too edgy and then another that is too soft...

It will be interesting to see how the front and rear edges are--crisp or rounded...the roofline has a rounded arch.

It will be interesting to see how the front and rear edges are--crisp or rounded...the roofline has a rounded arch.

It will. I'd like to add though, that I reserve judgemnt until I see the production version: test cars painted in white and with loads of camo are meant to look not-so-good.

It will. I'd like to add though, that I reserve judgemnt until I see the production version: test cars painted in white and with loads of camo are meant to look not-so-good.

Yes, can't tell much from spy shots. I'm looking forward to seeing it in person eventually.

Looks to be a good size... about as big as an A4?

I'm expecting a length around 4700mm which is right in line with the A4 (and I suspect the NG 3-Series).

Blue Devil mule

:roflmao: that joke never gets old

The size looks good. It will be intersting to see if it does get the glass touch screen dash and if it works well. It can be any worse than I Drive.

I just hope they can grow the CTS and not hurt its sales. I would hate to see the CTS buyers just move to the ATS and leave it high and dry like they did the STS.

I really would love to see a lot of conquest sales for the ATS.

I shocked no one has complained about the b pillar yet. It just seemed like a tradition for every new Caddy. They may be saving it for the coupe?

Edited by hyperv6

I hope it actually sizes up against the 3-Series/C-Class/A4 so the CTS can move up in price and focus on competing with the 5-Series/E-Class/A6.

Can't wait to see it.

There had been some word the CTS would grow a little in size. I suspect they will move it up to go better head to head. I would expect the CTS will offer things that the ATS will not have to give some incentive to move up for those with the funds.

I shocked no one has complained about the b pillar yet. It just seemed like a tradition for every new Caddy. They may be saving it for the coupe?

Please, don't jinx it.

I like the car so far, but I imagine it will have a generic Cadillac look to it--which is fine; I like that. The interior though, better be top notch. I have issues with materials quality in the CTS coupe that are simply unacceptable for the price point, and I hope Cadillac doesn't cheap out on the ATS because it's "cheaper" than a CTS. I'll be cautiously optimistic, though, since GM didn't pull that crap with the Cruze.

Proportions look better than the CTS. I really like the shape of it, this shows a lot of promise. The overhangs might be a little big, but that could just be all the camo and the angle of the photo. They are off to a good start, I hope they get the powertrains right.

I actually like that wagon render... it's something Not Seen Before.

The real car is shaping up nicely so far. It appears to have a decklid, for one thing, and the RWD proportions just look so right. Also like the narrow-set dual exhaust pipes.

The real car is shaping up nicely so far. It appears to have a decklid, for one thing, and the RWD proportions just look so right. Also like the narrow-set dual exhaust pipes.

I can't say that I like that pillar, nor the goofy skylights, but the overall shape of the wagon is very, very good.

I can't say that I like that pillar, nor the goofy skylights, but the overall shape of the wagon is very, very good.

I feel the same way. If the D-pillar is "normalized" and the structurally inefficient skylights are removed, it has a great shape and taut proportions.

Generally, I like all of those renders. They (if accurate), represent the best iteration of A&S to date in my opinion.

I also hope that the profusion of bodystyles they indicate actually comes to fruition. And, not in GM's standard, long, drawn out, fashion - but in rapid order.

This will certainly be a looker, certainly nice to see something other than the ubiquitous C-Class, A4 and 3-Series. What does concern me is that the XTS is supposed to be shown late this year or early next and has not been seen testing as of yet... Perhaps GM realized the priority should be the ATS?