missing somebody

do you ever get where you can't stop missing someone you know / knew.....miss them greatly....but they are not the one who you are with, or not the one you are supposed to be with?

sometimes you just can't shake someone. even if you already have it good / better / the best.

anyone else got one of those? can't exorcise them from your mind / gut no matter how hard you try?

My second love, rather known as "John #1".

I miss my first love like crazy, but I still on occasion see him. Fortunately, I'm injured and he's the correct doctor to treat me, so I get to see him for a reason without his wife and baby ;)

• Agree 1

yeap, but things would have never changed because her occupation is why we drifted apart. funny though cause now even though she is married i get the feeling from a few mutual friends and family that i am not the only one that questions her decision.

one other person i miss sometimes, an ex gf who i came to know slowly....then she dumped me (on my BD no less)......one of the last memories i recall of her was visiting her at her apartment. she had told me she didn't want a r'ship but two months later her new BF's motorcycle was taken apart inside the living room of her apartment. i remembered that today when i was showcasing the underbelly of a Kizashi to some autoshowgoers. Someone I miss, sometimes.

The person I miss a lot for the last couple three years I am not sure why I can't erase them from my memory bank. Especially considering how perfectly happy I am with who I am for so long now. Why such mental torture to screw with my brain? It's not fair.

It can ache sometimes, it shouldn't i am not asking for it, i don't know why. But still I miss and care about the person who probably still hates me now. Ugh.

I've been dumped after getting engaged. That's a pretty crappy feeling. I wonder why the hell she even said "yes" in the first place.

to mess with you, no doubt!

Edited by regfootball

Only one girl, met her the first day of high school. She was a friend of mine through high school, I don't think she dated anyone in high school...

I was religious at the time and only went out with girls from church....

Girl/woman in question is a whole lot like my wife, who I met when I was nineteen and a sophomore in college.

I've been with Kim for almost 26 years, married like 23 of those....but still miss HS chic.

HS chic lives in Pittsburgh...or just outside...married to another guy...

Alsoconfused0071.gif ...I have had a lot of female friends in my life who were just platonic friends...I still miss greatly even girls I knew well in elementary school...

PR friend has gone to PR for an unspecified amount of time. He did this to me before. At least he told me he was leaving this time around. When he comes back, I will be unavailable to speak. Meh. I've dated college professors and banker millionaires, what do I want with a guy with no car, who gives away his business and takes off for faraway territory with no stated return date?:rolleyes:

PR friend has gone to PR for an unspecified amount of time. He did this to me before. At least he told me he was leaving this time around. When he comes back, I will be unavailable to speak. Meh. I've dated college professors and banker millionaires, what do I want with a guy with no car, who gives away his business and takes off for faraway territory with no stated return date?:rolleyes:

Change of pace?

To be fair. Ricky Martin has a fairly busy touring schedule.

To be fair. Ricky Martin has a fairly busy touring schedule.

Oh please... he's SO mine. I was the one who convinced him to change the gender to "(S)he Bangs."

You will heretofore be known as "Leonard Nimoy" on these boards.

Highly Illogical.

I've been dumped after getting engaged. That's a pretty crappy feeling. I wonder why the hell she even said "yes" in the first place.

Been there. Done that. Twice. Once was a mutual dumping, though.

I feel for you, bro.

I can't seem to get rid of past ex's/flings. They always come back, they won't just stay away after it doesn't work out. Overall, my romantic life is a mess.

Set boundaries and have some confidence. If you have confidence, you won't feel sorry for yourself and give in when an opportunity presents itself. Remember: going back might feel good for an hour or two, but it just adds complication in the long term. Unless you're a drama queen, that should be incentive enough to stay away. Oh, and they can't come back around if you don't take their calls. I'm a big fan of call dodging. And who cares if they leave a voicemail? 337 skips and deletes that $h! so you don't have to hear it.

I'm sure most posters here, well except for the robotic Mr. Nimoy, have at least one person they miss from their past. Thank God for facebook, as I've found long lost loves of mine and have been happy those relationships went the way they did!! :lol: But yes, there are two I miss, one that "could have been" and the other that really never got off on the right track. But life is a lesson the whole entire time - either learn from it or be doomed to repeat the same mistakes.

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

to mess with you, no doubt!

No, no, it wasn't like that. She was serious at the time, but it was old boyfriend from high school returned, started trying to steal her from me, so I fought back--I'm the boyfriend dammit. She really did want to stay with me--or so I always thought--but that cassanova magnificent bastard stole her from me anyway after a few months of playing her emotions and talking trash about me: "Oh, he doesn't treat you right. He doesn't love you like I do. He's probably seeing someone else on the side. The only reason he's with you is for the sex."

So the gullible girlfriend left and started seeing him, and then he played her for sex for like a year (hey, wait a minute!), and when he split again she was just too proud (and probably too wounded) to come back to me, and I was too mad at her at the time to take her back. So it was just BS all the way around.

Edited by Turbojett

Wood chippers are great for kittens & puppies (tho I recommend you duct-tape them to a hunk of hardwood, so you get that soul-soothing 'BBZZZZZZ!!!' sound.

For larger soft-tissue items, a custom-made, 2-handed rocker knife, not dissimilar to the things they use to quick-slice full pizzas @ Pizza Slut, slices, dices & chops extremely well. Something like this :

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgJjB7htyRmCOWPBBtgK673KBKGisXQamYc14M_1-q5Kj1PnTD&t=1

I would recommend a stand-off, teak, full-width handle; you can bring that thing down from overhead with a ton of severing force. Dismemberment is a labor of (post) love, not something left to a cold, impersonal (and non-visual) machine like a chipper.

A job worth doing is a job worth doing right.

Sigh...and you guys say the politics thread got off topic when we started talking about a certain governors daughter....

Well well well, guess who showed up. Not leaving for PR until tomorrow. I just took him home.

A whole lot less room for bumpin and thumpin in a fiesta than a truck...

Have fun with your fiesta party....

Sigh...and you guys say the politics thread got off topic when we started talking about a certain governors daughter....

They don't have any use for Maggie Daniels. Honestly? I don't really care.

To be honest...I don't either....

I can't seem to get rid of past ex's/flings. They always come back, they won't just stay away after it doesn't work out. Overall, my romantic life is a mess.

Thought things were A OK with Dallas....

Thanks. We did.;)

Hopefully you ponied up the extra cash for the dealer to Scotch Guard your new interior :lol:

He works for a body shop...he can have the detail guy fix it....

Remember... I told you, 3 times was enough. Last time you talked me into it, Mrs. Borger knocked on the bedroom door and I had to shimmy down the drainpipe wearing only a pair of camo crocs, remember?:smilewide:

Edited by ocnblu

Thought things were A OK with Dallas....

You haven't been facebook stalking me enough. :P

Dallas and I broke up back in October. In the end, things just weren't what they were the first time we were together. I forward you to this note on my facebook.