Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

The 2007 Saturn Aura

Saturn AURA (so far) - Hot or Not?  

256 members have voted

1. 1. Saturn AURA (so far) - Hot or Not?

• Hot
    • Not
    • Undecided - need more pics

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking that the Aura Concept is what the Aura Redline will look like. Bolder, more aggressive front end and pronounced wheel flares.

I can't believe they would change the front end from the concept. The car doesn't look half as good.

Edited by CadillacCTS

The little gap between the "bar" in front and the hood is missing which does not look good, also the extra plastic surrounding the fogs looks boring too.

I sincerely hope it's the angle and lighting in the ad that is what is turning me off.

The little gap between the "bar" in front and the hood is missing which does not look good, also the extra plastic surrounding the fogs looks boring too.

I sincerely hope it's the angle and lighting in the ad that is what is turning me off.

$10 says they did that b/c they didn't want it to look like the honda civic

Hmm...I'm getting a strong VW vibe from seeing the production Aura.

That's not really a good thing.

And for some reason, the new wider chrome strip on the grill reminds me of the new Camry. Also.. not a good thing.

Kind of looks like very other vehicle on the road now.

Damn it GM! I thought the production was going to keep 90% of the style that the concept had.

Seeing that picture.. it looks more like a cool 81%

I'll still wait to see the full product before I make a final decision.

Edited by Cadillacfan

It looks pretty good to me, the only thing that is really different from the concept is the lower intake area, i couldn't distinguish much else from the photo. Now, I hope to God that 248 means a current gen 3.6 and not a 3.9. The 3.9 with DoD and 270+ hp i could accept happily, but not at 248hp without DoD. I don't think the Aura is a world beater, but it's a very attractive car, and it should be a solid and reliable seller for saturn. A nice accord alternative.

The rear does not see the center exhaust, I know that much 100%.

no that was a little tacky, but i want dual exhaust.

and it GM watered the rear down, it might look "g6 meee toooooooooooo"-ish

Edited by jbartley

Did anyone here really think GM would keep the lower front fascia and side moldings for the production model? I know I didn't. Maybe GM will use them for an Aura Redline version. Who knows. I think the lower front is fine. This is supposed to be a mainstream car afterall. The front end from the concept version would be too out there for most customers. Anyway, it looks like the actual sheetmetal is the same and that's the most important thing. And yes, the skinnier chrome bar on the grill is better than this bigger one.

I hope GM did some redesigning to the interior. After looking at pictures of it for many months, it really seems subpar compared to the competition. GM could do better.

how many complaints can we get going for the wider chrome bar before it gets replaced for the concept's thinner bar? seriously, that is really fugging up the front end. It looks like the camry, I agree, but only because of the grille piece, and that is a sad sad thing. I hope the lighting is making the side look less agressive, and the end product will still look strong and racier, like the concept. I thought the ground effects and more aggressive fascias would go----but they're so beautiful and necessary they shouldn't go! I am beginning to be underwhelmed with this car---it seems GM may have robbed it of its character. I will wait for more pictures to make a full decision.

I don't think that picture is enough to determine the extent of the "toning down" of the design. As far as I can tell, the side sculpting (which made the Aura concept so fantastic) is pretty close, if a little skewerd by the lighting in the photo. The beltline/greenhouse look to be the same. The wheel flares look the same, if 1/2" smaller. The wheel well gap looks the same (though the wheel size is smaller). The rocker panel sculpting is hidden by the shadows.

come on people comment on the ugly chrome bar, it's too damn thick now! the concept was thinner, there was a gap there that made it look much more attractive, a tiny detail that makes a whole lot of difference. an easily fixable trait that unfortunately makes it resemble the Camry of all cars!

The beefier chrome bar was the first thing I noticed when I saw the image, which is not to my liking. In addition, I am concerned about the softer, watered down front fascia. It kind of takes away from the personality the concept had.

And why doesn't the Aura have projection headlights like the Sky, Outlook, and next generation Vue? Perhaps we will be getting the automatic leveling projectors like on the various Opels as an option?

Well, isn't it supposed to appeal to Camry, Altima/Maxima and Accord buyers? Something tells me that GM watered down the design to appeal to those buyers who seem to have more conservative "tastes..." <_<

No doubt that this will shape up to be a great car, but honestly, if they kept it more in line with the concept, it'd be an awesome car.

But I'll reserve my opinion until I actually see the vehicle.

Ok, I've got to comment on this, I've been lurking around here for years and never felt so compelled to speak up.

The whole "zeta glimpse" last night was enough of a bummer, simply being a cg generic looking aussie-mobile was a let down (was kind of hoping for a nice big photo showing some chassis), but this stinks.

I know for a fact I've never actually been excited about any new fwd vehicle (I'm a rwd/bof suv person), but the Aura concept, and hopes that it wouldn't change much made it seem like something really special.....

As others said, we're still talking about Saturn's best sedan yet, probably GM's best midsize sedan, but what a disappointment to see the car so toned down. I can't help but see some ion sedan in the front now that it lost some curve/edge, even though it shares nothing with that car... And the knock-out looking tab right above the fog light looks goofy too, will the fogs in the red line be so big they need to reserve space for them?? The grille/fog light setup looks good on the concept, but obviously that’s a no go. I think the front does look a bit tighter than the concept, but not as exciting, kind of bland.

As for the engine, the car has a techy look inside and out, so I thought a high tech engine fit really well (3.6), but most shoppers probably won’t care if it’s pushrod or dohc….too bad. If GM’s going to use pushrod v6’s, the older performance brands should have ‘em, like Pontiac. Let the newest brand have the high feature engines at least available.

Anyhow, just a few thoughts, still looks good. But I don’t see GM's/Saturn's exciting renaissance hinging on this vehicle as it looked to for a while (IMHO).

My guess the cover above the fogs are preparation for the Redline.

And in case you guys haven't noticed, the concept Aura's frontend is a straight dub of the current Vectra:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Notice the shape of the lower grilles.

I'd say it's fine.

My guess the cover above the fogs are preparation for the Redline.

And in case you guys haven't noticed, the concept Aura's frontend is a straight dub of the current Vectra:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Notice the shape of the lower grilles.

I'd say it's fine.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's the Aura concept you're referencing.