Your MPG

I keep track of all of my vehicle expenses in a really great android app called aCar

The nice thing about it is that you can set up reminders for all of your maintenance items. No more forgetting to get the tires rotated (a warranty and road hazard requirement) because it will warn you as you approach the mileage where it is required. No more forgetting what mileage to change the oil, check/replace the air filter, replace the wipers, check your lights, change your coolant, etc.

All of the maintenance schedules can be customized by vehicle if you have more than one.

It's free, but it is really worth the $5 for the pro-version.

I generally get high 20's low 30's in the SC2 with a lot of zippy in-town driving. Personal best is 39mpg on a road trip, and it wasn't babying the car at all, I was tearing up & down a mountain pass, and enjoying some "spirited driving" on a snaking road alongside a river in the mountains.

I dislike that I'm getting such poor fuel economy since I put the Buick down. I'm stuck in a 2006 Sonata V6 and I get about 350 hwy miles in one tank. I'm averaging 23-25mpg highway with the a/c on. My Buick used to get 27-28mpg with the a/c on... and the a/c was much colder! :P

After a recent oil change, the Challenger is getting 26.5 to 27 mpg mixed. Granted, it still takes 89 octane to achieve those numbers, but that bests the EPA's rating of 21 mixed by, uh well, a lot in the big picture. It's been said before, but I'll say it again just because the proof is in the pudding: the EPA don't know $h!.

• Agree 1

I drove the Odyssey last month. Amazing how much your driving style and driving conditions can affect fuel economy. For one fill-up, I drove ~250 miles using just ~9 gallons for an average of 27 MPG. And this was a mix of freeways, city streets, and hilly suburbs, occasionally carrying a full load of furniture. I kept it under 2,000 RPM as much as possible, anticipated traffic lights and surrounding traffic, and used the momentum of the van (4500 lbs...) to keep it rolling.

Then I stopped paying attention to my driving style and averaged 16 MPG over similar conditions. With heavy vehicles, how you use that extra mass is crucial...

I drove the Odyssey last month. Amazing how much your driving style and driving conditions can affect fuel economy. For one fill-up, I drove ~250 miles using just ~9 gallons for an average of 27 MPG. And this was a mix of freeways, city streets, and hilly suburbs, occasionally carrying a full load of furniture. I kept it under 2,000 RPM as much as possible, anticipated traffic lights and surrounding traffic, and used the momentum of the van (4500 lbs...) to keep it rolling.

Then I stopped paying attention to my driving style and averaged 16 MPG over similar conditions. With heavy vehicles, how you use that extra mass is crucial...

It also can be the gas you put in it. I've noticed that I ALWAYS get better fuel economy when I drive home from NH. My friends always said the same thing. Maybe it has something to do with driving "south" so, gravity helps you :AH-HA:

It also can be the gas you put in it. I've noticed that I ALWAYS get better fuel economy when I drive home from NH. My friends always said the same thing. Maybe it has something to do with driving "south" so, equator helps you :AH-HA:

Fixed. :P

I've been logging on MPGTune.com since my '09 Malibu and still through to my current '11 CX-9:

http://www.mpgtune.com/user-profile.php?userId=2079

CX-9:

http://www.mpgtune.com/vehicleDetails.php?carId=5216

Average on the CX-9 right now is looking to be 18. When I lived in Delaware, it was always 21-22. Moving to Philadelphia with stop & go traffic and tons of hills to climb near home, dropped to 17.5-18.

Edited by caddycruiser

I'm still not sure if impss is mocking me or being serious...

Seriously happy for you and Chevy(GM) as we need to hear that the Cruze Eco gets hybrid MPG #'s at real world $. I can't imagine what e-assist will be getting on a Veranio in the real world hyper miled

In almost all city driving: 14.1mpg- 1988 Olds 98 Touring Sedan. This was based on three recent fill ups.

I'd take a look at your O2 sensor and a good tune up as that car is able to pull down at least 22-24 city been there done that got 34 HWY mpg with mine

I had a check-engine light that the dealership had no techs to check on... so they gave me a rental overnight. All the place had for GM products was a Sierra, so I had to go with that. 300km of mostly highway driving later, I had to put 38 liters back in to fill it back up to where it was when I picked it up. That's 12.7 l/100km. OUCH.

• 2 weeks later...