Buick News: Spying: Buick LaCrosse and Regal

William Maley

By William Maley

Staff Writer - CheersandGears.com

February 25, 2013

Remember when Buick and GMC announced they would introducing nine new models over the next twelve months. Two of those have been caught by a spy photographer.

First up is the 2014 Buick LaCrosse. The mule caught in the shots has a larger front grille and a set of LED accents around the headlights. Not so obvious in the shots is the amount of camo in the interior of the mule, meaning extensive changes are coming.

Then there is the 2014 Buick Regal. Much like the shots of the Opel and Vauxhall Insignia we reported on earlier this year, the Regal will get a revised front end. More extensive changes will take place in the back.

Source: Autoblog

William Maley is a staff writer for Cheers & Gears. He can be reached at [email protected] or you can follow him on twitter at @realmudmonster.

View full article

The Lacrosse and Regal do not look like much of a change. Mild refresh like too many cars of late.

The Lacrosse may face a stiff challenge from the Impala. While the Lacrosse is very nice the Impala just has more room and just as much comfort.

I have to say after sitting in the XTS and Impala at Barrett-Jackson, I have much more favorable opinion of them now. Or maybe driving the DTS w/ the wrong-way Northstar alot lately is rubbing off on me...

Interesting hump in the middle of the hood and when you blow up the photo's you can clearly see some musculare bulges over each headlamp.

Wonder what the while plug in in the lower left black grill area next to the driving light is for?

While the cameo does a good job of covering the car, you can clearly see changes are coming. :)

Regal is still its pretty looking self (good!); LaCrosse looks not so good. I don't think the US market version will differ from the Chinese car at all, so... Why buy a LaCrosse over a 2014 Impala?

I too expect the Chinese car to be 98% what we get. While it may change it will be much in the kind of change we saw in the trucks. The devil will be in the details. I am afraid that the will hold back too much on the styling changed to reflect on many other changes they will have unseen by the eye.

I don't really care much for the LaX update. HATE the wheels. Prefer the current taillamps/chrome. Think the headlights are almost too gaudy from the refresh. Awaiting interior pics.

I think the rear end is an improvement vs. the old model and the front end I am withholding comment on as I think the North American version will have a different grille and slightly different detailing on the headlamps.

As for the interior... My understanding is it will be similar except for the center stack and floor console, which will somehow incorporate a Lexus-style touchpad.

LaCrosse update is hardly worth it. No real significant change in looks. Not much improvement inside. The sweep on the side is tired. I think it could be further reaching.

The Regal almost looks unchanged. Regal needs to be repackaged. Great car, but just not set up for market correctly.

This car just tells me they are buying time till they get the Alpha car out and either eliminate this one or replace it with a new size car.

I almost think if they replace this car with the Alpha based sedan that is coming it would breath room for the Regal to grow a little and even give the Verano room. Let keep in mind Buick is working with left overs as they really have yet to rebuild outside of the Encore being the only post chapter 11 model full done after the money came in.