Which new Cadillac is their best looking car?

regfootball

Which new Cadillac is their best looking car?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which new Cadillac is their best looking car?

• ATS [img]http://www.cheersandgears.com/uploads/gallery/album_520/sml_gallery_10485_520_804510.png[/img]
    • CTS [img]http://www.cheersandgears.com/uploads/gallery/album_692/sml_gallery_51_692_196478.jpg[/img]
    • XTS [img]http://www.cheersandgears.com/uploads/gallery/album_674/sml_gallery_10485_674_1888667.jpg[/img]
    • ELR [img]http://www.cheersandgears.com/uploads/gallery/album_558/sml_gallery_51_558_69489.jpg[/img]
    • SRX [img]http://www.cheersandgears.com/uploads/gallery/album_648/sml_gallery_10485_648_1139062.jpg[/img]
    • Escalade [img]http://www.cheersandgears.com/uploads/gallery/album_697/sml_gallery_51_697_535831.jpg[/img]

That hideous little round door on the front fender ruins the ELR for me. Not sure how it could throw off the whole design, but it do. Also, the so obviously fake, blanked-off upper radiator grille. :)

Edited by ocnblu

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Love both cars drew, but I would still have to go with the Escalade as once I put the seat back in both the CTS V-Sport and ETS V-Sport no one can sit behind me. I really miss the days of true full size cadillacs. The Brougham was such a lovely car, just wish they had gotten rid of the float ride.

I think none of them are great looking, but each have good aspects to them. If you put the XTS grille on the ATS, that would be their best looking car. The ATS in front is a bit boring, the CTS and XTS are too boring from behind, but the CTS probably has the best proportions.

Agreed, the CTS grille doesn't look that expensive, and the badge is in a weird spot. But I am not a fan of the headlight treatment either, the front of the car just doesn't present as being as expensive as it is. The 3.6 V6 easily runs over $60,000 and a V-sport Premium is $70,000. The CTS I think suffers from a problem the STS had, it doesn't look expensive or special enough.

A good thing about the CTS is that Magnetic ride control is available with every engine. The the E-class Airmatic is only available with the V8. Mercedes should make Airmatic available with every engine, and rumor is it will be available on the new C-class, so maybe that day is coming.

On a styling note, one thing I don't like that Mercedes is doing is putting the 3-point star on the grill more and more, you can still get any sedan with the Mercedes logo standing on the hood, but it is less common now. I wonder if Cadillac would consider 2 front end designs for the CTS, XTS and whatever the big car is. It seems like a full size Cadillac sedan should have the wreath and crest standing on the hood. The S-class and Rolls-Royce are sort of the last hold outs to standing hood ornaments.

• Agree 2

On a styling note, one thing I don't like that Mercedes is doing is putting the 3-point star on the grill more and more, you can still get any sedan with the Mercedes logo standing on the hood, but it is less common now. I wonder if Cadillac would consider 2 front end designs for the CTS, XTS and whatever the big car is. It seems like a full size Cadillac sedan should have the wreath and crest standing on the hood. The S-class and Rolls-Royce are sort of the last hold outs to standing hood ornaments.

That is a detail I'd like to see return also. The badge in the grille is just so ordinary. Standup hood ornaments are cool and distinctive.

• Agree 2

Wow... a subject that SMK, Cubical, and I can all agree on completely..... the desire for the return of the stand up hood ornament from Cadillac.

Yes, I think on a coupe or sports car the badge on the grille makes sense, but on a luxury sedan it looks more prestigious and makes the car stand out more with the raised hood ornament. I love the stand up hood ornament on my car, I didn't think I'd like it as much as I do.

• Agree 2

If it were my $60k... I admit, I would have a hard time choosing between the CTS V-Sport and XTS V-Sport.

at the present time, with the CTS not having an AWD with the TT, the XTS V Sport would be where I would lean first, if I wanted all the hp (and a little more rear leg room). Plus the new schoz on the XTS V sport looks really nice with just subtle changes.

I know lots of folks like the long hood aesthetic of a RWD car, and I do to. But I also like how so many new models where the greenhouse is really stretched out. The ATS to me has a little bit nicer proportion of length in the greenhouse relative to the hood and trunk than the CTS does to me. I think the CTS could have possibly shortened the hood and the trunk a tiny bit....not so much as to match the 08-13 CTS, which has almost no hood in comparison....Maybe it's got more to do with the shaping of the hood and trunk for me.

There are certain angles and clean in certain colors where the long expanses of chrome with the third side windows on the XTS really give dramatic effect to how the XTS slices through space. It's sleek and different than the ATS and CTS with their more traditional three box styling.

I wonder if over time which will win out....say in the future. Will more cars be monoform like the XTS or will cars revert to a very defined 3 box? My only fear here is Caddy went to the extent it did on the three box style only because the Germans do it and that is how luxury is identified.

Edited by regfootball

The AWD/RWD question isn't a big one for me because I'm not afraid to invest in snow tires. I admit that I'm a size queen and the size of the XTS appeals to me. I do also like the look of the car. The CTS has the slightly better quality interior, but the XTS has the much better ride when set to "comfy"