Random Thoughts Thread

21 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

True.

And yes its common sense and just good hygiene. 

But with a virus...especially an airborne virus, you know...none of that makes a difference. 

Covid-19 is NOT like the Flu.

It has Flu like symptoms.  NOT the Flu...

But yeah...stay home when sick is very true.  Stay home with a pandemic like this is also true. 

I tend to believe and trust the top doctors in the U.S.A. myself and they're saying wash your hands with soap for 20+ secs. is one of the best way to fight it. Creepy as it sounds, the little invisible bugs get in your mucus membranes if you touch your eyes, nose or mouth when your hands are dirty with bacteria and viruses. 

52 minutes ago, dfelt said:

That's one Fugly Ford! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, USA-1 said:

Stock Market needs to briefly close down like they did after 911. Pandemic panic.

Right, so personal space comes into play as well. 3 ft. is now 6 ft. fine with me! Lets just see how it turns out before we all panic. We might just get this thing under control before you know it. Either way we will get through it people, lets try to keep a positive attitude 😎👍🏼

Well...we should never panic in any situation. 

But we shouldnt be so lax and not think about how to protect ourselves either especially saying things like it will blow over and its scare tactics and its the media blowing it out of proportion. 

When Italy...an entire country of 60 million this time last month had literally zero reasons to think otherwise other than La Vita Bella. And the entire planet for that matter, when 3 weeks ago had a handful of cases and continued life as usual then 3 weeks later the entire country has shut down...with thousands dead... 

You know...positive attitude is a MUST in these dire times...but we should be aware of the dangers and not take things lightly.

2 days ago...The city of Philadelphia advised the Flyers to play the Bruins game without spectators. The Hockey club said no phoquing way as our fans are salivating to play the Bruins...

2 days later the NBA discovers an NBA player is tested for Covid-19 and halts the season and the NHL follows suit.

The Flyers had approx. 20 000 fans that night. What if...ANYBODY in that arena had the virus...

You know... hockey players travel to different parts of the continent DAILY...

It aint to be taken lightly is alls Im sayin'... 

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, oldshurst442 said:

But we shouldnt be so lax and not think about how to protect ourselves either especially saying things like it will blow over and its scare tactics and its the media blowing it out of proportion. 

When Italy...an entire country of 60 million this time last month had literally zero reasons to think otherwise other than La Vita Bella. And the entire planet for that matter, when 3 weeks ago had a handful of cases and continued life as usual then 3 weeks later the entire country has shut down...with thousands dead... 

You know...positive attitude is a MUST in these dire times...but we should be aware of the dangers and not take things lightly.

2 days ago...The city of Philadelphia advised the Flyers to play the Bruins game without spectators. The Hockey club said no phoquing way as our fans are salivating to play the Bruins...

2 days later the NBA disovers an NBA is tested for Covid-19 and halts the season and the NHL follows suit.

The Flyers had approx. 20 000 fans that night. What if...ANYBODY in that arena had the virus...

You know...the hockey players travel to different parts of the continent DAILY...

Absolutely, I agree we all should take it seriously and always think about ways to stay safe from diseases. 

• Agree 3

7 minutes ago, USA-1 said:

I tend to believe and trust the top doctors in the U.S.A. myself and they're saying wash your hands with soap for 20+ secs. is one of the best way to fight it. Creepy as it sounds, the little invisible bugs get in your mucus membranes if you touch your eyes, nose or mouth when your hands are dirty with bacteria and viruses. 

True...

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fcoronavirus%2F2019-ncov%2Fabout%2Fprevention-treatment.html

There is currently no vaccine to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus.

The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person.

• Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
  • Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.

These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.

Take steps to protect yourself

Illustration: washing hands with soap and water

Clean your hands often

• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
  • If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
  • Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.

Illustration: Woman quarantined to her home

Avoid close contact

Take steps to protect others

man in bed

Stay home if you’re sick

woman covering their mouth when coughing

Cover coughs and sneezes

• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
  • Throw used tissues in the trash.
  • Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, clean your hands with a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.

man wearing a mask

Wear a facemask if you are sick

• If you are sick:  You should wear a facemask when you are around other people (e.g., sharing a room or vehicle) and before you enter a healthcare provider’s office. If you are not able to wear a facemask (for example, because it causes trouble breathing), then you should do your best to cover your coughs and sneezes, and people who are caring for you should wear a facemask if they enter your room. Learn what to do if you are sick.
  • If you are NOT sick: You do not need to wear a facemask unless you are caring for someone who is sick (and they are not able to wear a facemask). Facemasks may be in short supply and they should be saved for caregivers.

cleaning a counter

Clean and disinfect

• Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
  • If surfaces are dirty, clean them: Use detergent or soap and water prior to disinfection.

To disinfect:
Most common EPA-registered household disinfectants will work. Use disinfectants appropriate for the surface.

Options include:

• Diluting your household bleach.
    To make a bleach solution, mix:
    • 5 tablespoons (1/3rd cup) bleach per gallon of water
      OR
    • 4 teaspoons bleach per quart of water

Follow manufacturer’s instructions for application and proper ventilation. Check to ensure the product is not past its expiration date. Never mix household bleach with ammonia or any other cleanser. Unexpired household bleach will be effective against coronaviruses when properly diluted.

• Alcohol solutions.
    Ensure solution has at least 70% alcohol.
  • Other common EPA-registered household disinfectants.
    Products with EPA-approved emerging viral pathogens pdf icon[7 pages]external icon claims are expected to be effective against COVID-19 based on data for harder to kill viruses. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for all cleaning and disinfection products (e.g., concentration, application method and contact time, etc.).
  • Agree 1

98058510-london-uk-march-10-2018-bottles-of-corona-extra-beer-with-lime-slice-on-white-background-corona-is-t.jpg

When the flu is SO MUCH WORSE than this Corona virus every year in terms of actual casualties, it makes one go "hmmm..." - I've never in my life seen a media-driven hysteria get this bad.  Completely insane.

• Disagree 1

The Flu is NOT much worse...

You call Italy shutting down as media driven hype???

@USA-1

THAT is what I was referring to...

The Prime Minister of Canada is in self isolation...

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/cp-newsalert-trudeau-goes-into-self-isolation-over-covid-19

THAT would also mean media driven hype???

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

@USA-1

Think you meant to respond to ocnblu bud.

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, USA-1 said:

Think you meant to respond to ocnblu bud.

Yeah...I know!   :) 

I just wanted to justify myself to you.  I wanted for you to see where I come from.   

I wanted you to see that I wasn't against you for quoting you, but how frustrated I could be with some humans on our stupid assed planet!!! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

@USA-1

The Prime Minister of Canada is in self isolation...

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/cp-newsalert-trudeau-goes-into-self-isolation-over-covid-19

THAT would also mean media driven hype???

YES DUH LOOK AT THE REAL NUMBERS

• Disagree 3

8 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Contrasted against previous sweeping illnesses, there's little question that some of the response is fear-driven, and some of that is unquestionably pushed by the media - even if it's just continual doom-y coverage.

But its not.

It never was overblown.  Not then. Not now.

SARS or H1N1

These also had the potential to be like Covid-19.  It never went that way.   

We have to have warnings.  The media NEEDS to  report.

Our governments HAVE to respond. 

WE need to protect ourselves. WE need this information to do so.

WE as a society do either of two things.

1. We PANIC and dont get proper information and panic some more.

2. We are very lax and dont get proper information and become even MORE lax.

3. BOTH scenarios and we as humans ALWAYS seem to get this conspiracy thing on our minds...

Im not panciked.

Nor do I take this very lightly either. But Im prepared for the worse.

I see what it has done globally and Im ready to close the restaurant if I need to for a couple of days, weeks, months.

We all do not know how it will end. 

What if tomorrow..Covid-19 goes away. 

Will we say the media over hyped it?   I

Will we say Italy panicked for nothing?

What if this truly becomes the new bubonic plague?

Do we know how it will end?

We dont!

But are you saying that the media should NOT report it and just report hockey scores?

We should as a society go bat shyt crazy for the postponed NBA and NHL seasons because this Covid-19 thing is false panic and riot our streets?

Or should we just take proper precautions?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ocnblu said:

The Prime Minister of Canada, his wife,...got a virus that has KILLED thousands in a matter of weeks. And YOU are saying look at the numbers!!

I AM!!!

The Prime Minister's DOCTORS...Im assuming HIS doctors are the best in Canada...because HE is a MILLIONNAIRE and HE is the PRIME MINISTER is ADVISING HIM TO SELF ISOLATE!!!

Boy...are YOU dense???!!!!

2 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

Pearl clutching to the utmost level.

YOUR President...

shut YOUR borders to Europe BECAUSE of this...

I thought YOU trusted YOUR President's words?

• Agree 2

15 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

The Prime Minister of Canada, his wife,...got a virus that has KILLED thousands in a matter of weeks. And YOU are saying look at the numbers!!

I AM!!!

The Prime Minister's DOCTORS...Im assuming HIS doctors are the best in Canada...because HE is a MILLIONNAIRE and HE is the PRIME MINISTER is ADVISING HIM TO SELF ISOLATE!!!

Boy...are YOU dense???!!!!

YOUR President...

shut YOUR borders to Europe BECAUSE of this...

I thought YOU trusted YOUR President's words?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You defend President Trump like nothing else.

Anytime somebody says ANYTHING bad about him, you downvote, go apeshyte and foam at the mouth trying to get Drew to stop political discussions, yet YOU say all kinds of bad shyte against ANY poltical agenda that GOES against YOUR POLITICAL VIEWS.

Ive noticed that President Trump is your guy... (and there is NOTHING wrong with that!!!) 

But...seeing that YOU are saying THIS is media driven hype..

Well...how do YOU feel about it when YOUR guy...President Trump, is CLOSING YOUR COUNTRY'S BORDERS with CERTAIN EUROPEAN COUNTRIES DUE TO COVID-19?

(Ignore the italic words on top....meant to troll you...)

(ANSWER the bolded part. Very sincere the bolded part)

Is HE being influenced by #fakenews media hype?

Or is HE protecting HIS citizens?

Your President and HIS decision to close down the borders...

Answer me this, Batman. 

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

@ocnblu

Stop with the cute emoji voting thing and the shyte trolling posts. Answer the question...

Your President and HIS decision to close down the borders...

He’s doing what he can to protect his financial interests.  He couldn’t care less for the citizenry except for his base and how he can exploit their fears. 

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

4 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

He’s doing what he can to protect his financial interests.  He couldn’t care less for the citizenry except for his base and how he can exploit their fears. 

one could answer that way. LOL 

I wasnt looking for that answer, but sure. Yeah. I see it with him. 

4 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

Which one are you channeling here, Cagney or Lacey?

Yeah...I thought so. 

But you also confirmed your bias once more that I accused you of  by downvoting @Robert Hall's post...

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Robert Hall said:

It’s always good to stock up on toilet paper, though.  I always like to keep at least a dozen rolls on hand in each bathroom, and a couple dozen extra stashed away.  

See now, I had a suspicion you might be full of

it/ #youwalkedintothatone

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, balthazar said:

And here is another by the same news source

https://ca.yahoo.com/news/mainland-china-reports-15-coronavirus-005252760.html

@ocnblu

But you still did not answer...

PS...

THAT link says...by June...maybe.

And IF countries follow proper WHO protocol.

Proper WHO protocol:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/community-mitigation-strategy.pdf

https://www.who.int/news-room/articles-detail/updated-who-recommendations-for-international-traffic-in-relation-to-covid-19-outbreak

https://www.cmaj.ca/content/192/10/E264

And in the LAST link about Covid 19 about preventing it from infecting hospitals...

At-home testing is a “very good idea,” says Dr. David Fisman, a professor of epidemiology at the Dalla Lana School of Public Health in Toronto. According to Fisman, coronaviruses like severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) and COVID-19 become a problem “partly because health care institutions seem to facilitate their transmission.”

Many Canadian emergency departments are already running at maximum capacity. And during the 2003 SARS outbreak, the virus spread quickly within health facilities.

These are NOT media driven...THESE are legit health resources....

read them...its good info. 

The Yahoo article says...BY JUNE....

March...April...May...and then by June...all will be good. 

IF we follow good protocol...

And read these protocols in the links...

These protocols have been suggested by the media...but some of you say its all media hype...but its really WHO protocol...not fear driven...but by PROPER protocol...

But I guess the Flu has shut down countries in the past...

But wait...

The Flu HAS shut down countries in the past...

The Spanish Flu.

And Covid-19 is said to be MORE EASILY contracted than the Spanish Flu.

Yeah...I know...media driven fear.

Edited by oldshurst442

18 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

See now, I had a suspicion you might be full of

it/ #youwalkedintothatone

#eatwellpoopwell

#bigamericanbowelmovements 

Speaking of toilets, when I remodel my main bathroom I’m going to get one of the high end Toto toilets w/ the bidet, lid that rises to greet you, heated seat, WiFi, remote control app, etc. 

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

#eatwellpoopwell

Speaking of toilets, when I remodel my main bathroom I’m going to get one of high end Toto toilets w/ the bidet, lid that rises to greet you, heated seat, WiFi, remote control app, etc. 

A real throne.

Id like one of these myself. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, ocnblu said:

Ignore it at your own Peril. 

Our state is ignoring reporting first to dumb and dumber in DC.

We now have confirmed 31 dead as of 5pm today here, 457 confirmed, tested sick individuals and over 4,000 awaiting results. This is not something to take lightly. 

I hope that no one here nor their families or parents or grandparents or friends, etc. catch this bug.

Healthy folks are still looking at 2 to 5 days to recover. If you have any immunity suppression issues like asthma , diabetes, or any immunity issues that you do not get this illness.

16 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

#eatwellpoopwell

Speaking of toilets, when I remodel my main bathroom I’m going to get one of the high end Toto toilets w/ the bidet, lid that rises to greet you, heated seat, WiFi, remote control app, etc. 

The Toto ones in Japan also wash your bum with pressurized warm water.

Washington state in our 3 largest counties closed all schools for the next 6 weeks, all sporting events are canceled till further notice. Libraries are all closed for the next 6 weeks, county / city pools, gyms, etc. are all closed till further notice.

Gonna be interesting to see just how dead the roads get and what it is like having so many at home. I do wonder how hourly people will be able to pay bills and live.

This is crazy, but serious.

• Agree 1

Since you guys are all over the place now, anyone know if Drew is shutting this site down or if he's sick? He told me month's ago he needed more clicks on the page. Maybe he meant "cliques", think he's got that covered though :scratchchin: 

He hasn't been online for a full month as of today...

2 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

No idea.  I thought maybe he got a new job and that’s been keeping him busy.  

Knew his old job ended and maybe got new one, but not able to jump on later at night or early morning even? Maybe just sick of babysitting. We know @oldshurst442 is a handful! :D

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, dfelt said:

I have to disagree as I look at companies and what they pay for rent, power, etc. Once you realize how to reduce costs, increase profits and get the job done by folks who need to be in an office versus working from home. I think it will change some areas big time.

I work in an office of 1200. Our 7 floors is $57K a month per floor or $399,000 a month. Plus our normal $75K a month Electric bill. We have a datacenter in our building and support is there 24/7. We could easily go to 1 or 2 floors and save a bundle on money. That kind of savings going to the bottom line will make many Tech companies rethink the need for office space. 

That then trickles down to local businesses, food services, etc. Once you change the way folks use things, it will affect especially in dense cities how and where people spend money. Folks that live in the suburbs that no longer go into the city will have clear affect on roads, services, etc.

I think this will change the world.good or bad, it will change cause of this.

I would almost agree with that, but they all still have to meet and have meetings, gatherings and such.

Still need some space for that........

1 minute ago, daves87rs said:

I would almost agree with that, but they all still have to meet and have meetings, gatherings and such.

Still need some space for that........

Yes, agree some space for customer meetings, but the rest can easily be done via Zoom or Slack for meetings.

Ive had my share of warnings and bans and trolling posts and enemies and foul language.

Here and the other automotive forum I posted in a long time ago. 

But hey...we are here to try to figure out where in the world is Drew and not about MY posting habits...God Dammit!!!  

Image result for axel foley smile gif

So @Drew Dowdell

Where in the hell are you?

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Haven’t tried Zoom or Slack.  My client is moving from Skype to Teams though I use WebEx with the offshore teams.  

Teams works, half of Dell uses Teams, the Engineering side uses Slack. Like them both, Have numerous funny parties on the channels. Never a boring day that is for sure.

We have found Zoom to be far more reliable then WebEx or the built in meeting software of Slack or Teams.

10 hours ago, USA-1 said:

Since you guys are all over the place now, anyone know if Drew is shutting this site down or if he's sick? He told me month's ago he needed more clicks on the page. Maybe he meant "cliques", think he's got that covered though :scratchchin: 

He hasn't been online for a full month as of today...

I know he is still around, he commented on my work anniversary for Cheers & Gears about a month ago, along with commenting on something on my Facebook around the same time. Need to reach out to him soon to find out if he'll be coming to Detroit for the autoshow during the summer.

• Thanks 3

25 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

For those of you who care, a true professional on the subject. There are other ways to just listen to the podcast but if you're on a computer, it's a good listen in the background.

These are ALL my posts from yesterday...and my posts from yesterday...more or less...with a few differences....state the same thing he has said...

And I DID listen to this podcast...yesterday...late at night...AFTER I had written my posts...

15 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

Yesterday. Italy closed shop. Literally. Nobody allowed out. No businesses open. Only pharmacies and grocery stores are allowed to be open and only 10 people at a time in the stores shopping.

European soccer teams were strongly advised, along with North American sports teams to play in their arenas without spectators.   The European soccer teams followed that advice while in North America we pretty much ignored that advice. Only the California hockey teams were to oblige.

Still with yesterday. 

Many American cities canceled their St. Patrick's Day parades including New York and Boston. The two biggest in North America.

This morning, the NBA halted and  postponed their season.

This afternoon. The NHL followed suit. 

MLB has also postponed preseason and will delay the start of the season.

President Trump has closed its borders to European travel to and from.  (If Canada does not follow suit, I think President Trump will close its borders with Canada. Although Canada is still a low risk country. For now...

Id say...things have ALREADY changed...and DRASTICALLY I MIGHT ADD these last 24 hours or so...

Id say things are going to get much much worse...with people infected and borders closed and life halted in the next week...

For one...lets see where Canada stands with Covid infections  in the next 5 days as Coronavirus  has a tendency  to double its numbers every 2 days.  Canada was at 118 this morning. Now we are at 140. Quebec was at 8 this morning. Now we are at 13.  

Italy started off slow too.   Before we balloon, if it aint too late...we will close down our cities in North America...soon enough. 

NO! Not because Covid-19 is sooooooo deadly. But its a virus that spreads QUICKLY. And has the potential to be very deadly if got out of hand. And in some places on the planet, like Italy, it HAS gotten out of hand as there arent enough medical staff to care for the infected. And THAT is where the dangers lie...

Common guys...get your facts straight.  And NO...this will not just blow through....

15 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

True.

And yes its common sense and just good hygiene. 

But with a virus...especially an airborne virus, you know...none of that makes a difference. 

Covid-19 is NOT like the Flu.

It has Flu like symptoms.  NOT the Flu...

But yeah...stay home when sick is very true.  Stay home with a pandemic like this is also true. 

14 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

2 days later the NBA discovers an NBA player is tested for Covid-19 and halts the season and the NHL follows suit.

You know... hockey players travel to different parts of the continent DAILY...

True...

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fcoronavirus%2F2019-ncov%2Fabout%2Fprevention-treatment.html

There is currently no vaccine to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus.

The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person.

• Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
  • Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.

These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.

Take steps to protect yourself

Illustration: washing hands with soap and water

Clean your hands often

• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
  • If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
  • Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.

Illustration: Woman quarantined to her home

Avoid close contact

Take steps to protect others

man in bed

Stay home if you’re sick

woman covering their mouth when coughing

Cover coughs and sneezes

• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
  • Throw used tissues in the trash.
  • Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, clean your hands with a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.

man wearing a mask

Wear a facemask if you are sick

• If you are sick:  You should wear a facemask when you are around other people (e.g., sharing a room or vehicle) and before you enter a healthcare provider’s office. If you are not able to wear a facemask (for example, because it causes trouble breathing), then you should do your best to cover your coughs and sneezes, and people who are caring for you should wear a facemask if they enter your room. Learn what to do if you are sick.
  • If you are NOT sick: You do not need to wear a facemask unless you are caring for someone who is sick (and they are not able to wear a facemask). Facemasks may be in short supply and they should be saved for caregivers.

cleaning a counter

Clean and disinfect

• Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
  • If surfaces are dirty, clean them: Use detergent or soap and water prior to disinfection.

To disinfect:
Most common EPA-registered household disinfectants will work. Use disinfectants appropriate for the surface.

Options include:

• Diluting your household bleach.
    To make a bleach solution, mix:
    • 5 tablespoons (1/3rd cup) bleach per gallon of water
      OR
    • 4 teaspoons bleach per quart of water

Follow manufacturer’s instructions for application and proper ventilation. Check to ensure the product is not past its expiration date. Never mix household bleach with ammonia or any other cleanser. Unexpired household bleach will be effective against coronaviruses when properly diluted.

• Alcohol solutions.
    Ensure solution has at least 70% alcohol.
  • Other common EPA-registered household disinfectants.
    Products with EPA-approved emerging viral pathogens pdf icon[7 pages]external icon claims are expected to be effective against COVID-19 based on data for harder to kill viruses. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for all cleaning and disinfection products (e.g., concentration, application method and contact time, etc.).

But its not.

It never was overblown.  Not then. Not now.

SARS or H1N1

These also had the potential to be like Covid-19.  It never went that way.   

We have to have warnings.  The media NEEDS to  report.

Our governments HAVE to respond. 

WE need to protect ourselves. WE need this information to do so.

WE as a society do either of two things.

1. We PANIC and dont get proper information and panic some more.

2. We are very lax and dont get proper information and become even MORE lax.

3. BOTH scenarios and we as humans ALWAYS seem to get this conspiracy thing on our minds...

Im not panciked.

Nor do I take this very lightly either. But Im prepared for the worse.

I see what it has done globally and Im ready to close the restaurant if I need to for a couple of days, weeks, months.

We all do not know how it will end. 

What if tomorrow..Covid-19 goes away. 

Will we say the media over hyped it?   I

Will we say Italy panicked for nothing?

What if this truly becomes the new bubonic plague?

Do we know how it will end?

We dont!

But are you saying that the media should NOT report it and just report hockey scores?

We should as a society go bat shyt crazy for the postponed NBA and NHL seasons because this Covid-19 thing is false panic and riot our streets?

Or should we just take proper precautions?

13 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

And here is another by the same news source

https://ca.yahoo.com/news/mainland-china-reports-15-coronavirus-005252760.html

@ocnblu

But you still did not answer...

PS...

THAT link says...by June...maybe.

And IF countries follow proper WHO protocol.

Proper WHO protocol:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/community-mitigation-strategy.pdf

https://www.who.int/news-room/articles-detail/updated-who-recommendations-for-international-traffic-in-relation-to-covid-19-outbreak

https://www.cmaj.ca/content/192/10/E264

And in the LAST link about Covid 19 about preventing it from infecting hospitals...

These are NOT media driven...THESE are legit health resources....

read them...its good info. 

The Yahoo article says...BY JUNE....

March...April...May...and then by June...all will be good. 

IF we follow good protocol...

And read these protocols in the links...

These protocols have been suggested by the media...but some of you say its all media hype...but its really WHO protocol...not fear driven...but by PROPER protocol...

But I guess the Flu has shut down countries in the past...

But wait...

The Flu HAS shut down countries in the past...

The Spanish Flu.

And Covid-19 is said to be MORE EASILY contracted than the Spanish Flu.

Yeah...I know...media driven fear.

12 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

True.

That is why I said it.

But arent we in a much safer place for better preparing for the...worst?  Rather than just ignore it all and say its all media driven hype? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldshurst442 said:

These are ALL my posts from yesterday...and my posts from yesterday...more or less...with a few differences....state the same thing he has said...

And I DID listen to this podcast...yesterday...late at night...AFTER I had written my posts...

It's a good listen, right? It's good to hear the information stated in a conversation back and forth rather than some news outlet speaking TO us. It just feels more genuine and like I can believe it more. I know it shouldn't make a difference, but it makes it all feel more real as news outlets purposefully go for "clicks" or "views" with dramatic statements or headlines. 

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

It's a good listen, right? It's good to hear the information stated in a conversation back and forth rather than some news outlet speaking TO us. It just feels more genuine and like I can believe it more. I know it shouldn't make a difference, but it makes it all feel more real as news outlets purposefully go for "clicks" or "views" with dramatic statements or headlines. 

yes. Its a great listen.

But I will talk down to you right now.  :)    as if I was your mommy, or  bad news media or guvment.

I understand the natural knee jerk reaction to why some of us do NOT want to trust news outlets and big brother guvments,

BUT

you said it yourself.

I know it shouldn't make a difference

So why does it matter how you get your information?

Process it like a big boy....like you always do.  

but it makes it all feel more real as news outlets purposefully go for "clicks" or "views" with dramatic statements or headlines. 

THIS is THE problem.  And YOU acknowledge it.

It AINT the media.

Its YOU.

All that conspiracy theory stuff is all in your head about clicks and views.  

And to tell you the truth. The good Doctor on that podcast really didnt say anything at all. Like I did. Nothing. 

JUST COMMON SENSE AND LOGIC...with the available information at hand about Covid-19.

For all we know...that Doc is a fake.  How do we know he is a doctor?  Maybe he is an actor. Joe Rogan is an actor... In Hollyweird.   Its easy to distrust.  So we could easily denounce that podcast as well...

Edited by oldshurst442