William Maley

Porsche News: Revealed: 2017 Porsche Panamera

Last night at an event in Berlin, Porsche unveiled the second-generation Panamera. The good news is the next-generation model fixes one of the biggest problems of the current model, the ugliness. As we saw in spy photos a few weeks ago, designers cleaned up the look with better proportions, making the body much sleeker, and lowering the roofline. Overall dimensions are up by an inch. Wheels range from 19 to 21 inches.

The interior retains the same design as the outgoing model, but with more tech. The driver faces an instrument cluster with two seven-inch screens flanking the tachometer. The center stack features a 12.3-inch touchscreen and capacitive touch buttons on the console.

At the moment, Porsche has only revealed the powertrains at launch for the European marketplace. All of the engines listed here are new.

• Panamera 4S: 4.0L Biturbo V6 - 440 horsepower, 406 pound-feet of torque
  • Panamera 4S Diesel: 4.0L Turbodiesel V8 - 416 horsepower, 627 pound-feet of torque
  • Panamera Turbo: 4.0L Biturbo V8 - 542 horsepower, 568 pound-feet of torque
Down the road, Porsche will likely add a smaller Turbo V6, turbodiesel V6, and a high-performance Turbo S model. For the time being, all of the engines will come paired with an eight-speed PDK transmission and all-wheel drive.

Europe can start placing orders for the 2017 Panamera for delivery in November. We'll keep you posted for information on the U.S. spec models.

Source: Porsche

Press Release is on Page 2

Click here to view the article

Nice power ratings indeed.

Too bad it still looks like the Rosie O'Donnell of the automotive world.

It will sell, because of the badge in front, not because its a stunner.

Mind you, Porsche engineering is top notch!

Yawn, :puke: on the looks still.

That screen THO....

No big deal they are just now getting caught up to where Lexus is at in their auto's with a long wide screen like that.

Course Lexus screen in their CUVs is on top of the dash kinda like the MB floating screen thing, just bigger.

This is the fastest sedan ever around the Nurburgring at 7:38. A very impressive time. Looks better than the old Panamera but still isn't good looking, interior is boring.

Looks better than the last one... but the last one looked like dog $h!..so there's that. 

It might be a badass car but it still doesn't look right. 

Whoops DFELT... (ME AT MYSELF -  :palm: )

I meants to say ....That guage cluster screen THO.

Like lookit that. It's like the perfect marriage of digital and analog. The tach is a real needle...and then all them infos and techs and distractions are on a hi-def screen. Not just one. TWINS....

More automakers NEED this kind of copulation....errr...breeding....no...paid performances....

• Upvote 1

Porsche V6 : a full liter more displacement but only 36 more HP and 2 more lb-ft of TRQ than the Cadillac 3.0TT.

- - - - -

None of the "new improved" pics show the car in full profile… making me think the styling fix isn't much of one.

Panamera is notoriously bloated… but I do like Porsche's current 8 headlights.

More equals more. ;)

• Upvote 1

Whoops DFELT... (ME AT MYSELF -  :palm: )

I meants to say ....That guage cluster screen THO.

Like lookit that. It's like the perfect marriage of digital and analog. The tach is a real needle...and then all them infos and techs and distractions are on a hi-def screen. Not just one. TWINS....

More automakers NEED this kind of copulation....errr...breeding....no...paid performances....

:roflmao:  :tipsy:

Porsche V6 : a full liter more displacement but only 36 more HP and 2 more lb-ft of TRQ than the Cadillac 3.0TT.

- - - - -

None of the "new improved" pics show the car in full profile… making me think the styling fix isn't much of one.

Panamera is notoriously bloated… but I do like Porsche's current 8 headlights.

More equals more. ;)

Wonder what the glasses would be like for that 8 eyed beast when the vision goes bad! :P

• Upvote 1

Gorgeous. The old car was nowhere near as bad as people made it out to be. This thing is a monster. Interior is a big step up.

You're drunk. Don't drive, take a cab home...  :tipsy: Careful not to  :cheers: too much so you don't  :puke:

• Upvote 1

There is a rumor that the 918 hybrid powertrain will go into the Panamera to make 700+ hp and 800+ lb-ft of torque.  That could be pretty sweet if they do that, still will look ugly though.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook