Jeep News: Jeep Reveals the 2017 Compass

William Maley

Say hello to the new 2017 Jeep Compass. The new model which will replace both the current Compass and Patriot was revealed last night at FCA's Brazilian Jeep Assembly Plant in Goiana, Pernambuco.

As we saw in spy photos last week, the new Compass' exterior looks like a mashup of Cherokee and Grand Cherokee. The interior looks to be more like the Cherokee with a similar design and layout. Jeep is keeping quiet on powertrains for the new Compass. They did reveal that the Compass would offer “17 fuel-efficient powertrain options for consumers in more than 100 countries around the world.” Many believe the U.S.-spec Compass will come with a 2.0L turbo-four and a 2.4L Tigershark four-cylinder. Both engines will come paired with a nine-speed automatic.

We'll learn more about the Compass this November as it will debut at the LA Auto Show.

Source: Jeep
Press Release is on Page 2

All-new Jeep® Compass Makes Worldwide Debut in Brazil
September 26, 2016 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - In celebration of the start of production at FCA’s Jeep® Assembly Plant in Goiana, Pernambuco, the Jeep brand introduced the all-new Jeep Compass today in Brazil.

A truly global all-new compact SUV, the Jeep Compass will be produced with 17 fuel-efficient powertrain options for consumers in more than 100 countries around the world.

The all-new Jeep Compass expands the brand’s global reach with an unmatched combination of attributes that includes legendary and best-in-class 4x4 off-road capability, advanced fuel-efficient powertrains, premium and authentic Jeep design, superior on-road driving dynamics, open-air freedom, and a host of safety and advanced technology offerings.

The most capable compact SUV ever, the all-new Jeep Compass will be available in North America in the first quarter of 2017. Additional images and information will be available at the vehicle’s North American debut at the Los Angeles Auto Show in November.

View full article

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Frisky Dingo said:

Unfortunately, you're probably right. 

Well they're matching the 2.0t and 2.4 with their 9spd which the 2.4 hasn't don't well with that combo yet, right? 

I dig how it looks and I would seriously consider one but..FCA.. I just wouldn't trust it as much as probably any other automaker.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, ccap41 said:

Well they're matching the 2.0t and 2.4 with their 9spd which the 2.4 hasn't don't well with that combo yet, right? 

I dig how it looks and I would seriously consider one but..FCA.. I just wouldn't trust it as much as probably any other automaker.

Agreed.

I agree with ccap... I like the looks of the GC, this.. the Chally.. in some trims the 300 and Charger.. and even the Alfa 4C.. but to spend actual money on one and feel like I'm not getting the shaft in reliability or quality... GET THE EFF OUTTA HERE. That goes for the entire Maserati line up too 

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

I like it and actually owning Chrysler products in the past they have all been reliable.  it seems they have the 9 speed issues pretty well worked out (according to a lot of later reviews and my limited experience with the 9 speed) , though Honda doesn't seem to ey.  I hope it gets the new Hurricane Turbo 4 at least as an option, though i am guessing we will get the 2.4 only starting out. 

Live, rolling footage videos of this Compass filmed in Brazil posted to YouTube really make it look great.  Yes reg, it is sized between Renegade and Cherokee.  In one of the videos we see an awesome bright blue Trailhawk.  Just about all of the Compasses featured have a green "DIESEL" emblem on the tailgate... makes me wonder if Jeep will follow GM's lead and bring a diesel to the USA.