Sales: Sales Figure Ticker: January 2017

Maserati North America, Inc. - Up 69% (889 Vehicles Sold This Month)
Jaguar Land Rover North America - Up 29.9% (9,102 Vehicles Sold This Month)
Volkswagen of America - Up 17.09% (23,510 Vehicles Sold This Month)
Audi of America - Up 11.4% (13,201 Vehicles Sold This Month)
Mazda North American Operations - Up 10.1% (21,698 Vehicles Sold This Month)
Subaru of America, Inc. - Up 6.8% (43,879 Vehicles Sold This Month)
Nissan North America - Up 6.2% (112,319 Vehicles Sold This Month)
American Honda Motor Co. - Up 5.9% (106,380 Vehicles Sold This Month)
Porsche Cars North America, Inc. - Up 5.7% (4,602 Vehicles Sold This Month)
Mercedes-Benz USA - Up 3.5% (27,900 Vehicles Sold This Month)
Hyundai Motor America - Up 3.3% (46,507 Vehicles Sold This Month)
Mitsubishi Motors North America - Up 3.1% (6,457 Vehicles Sold This Month)
BMW Group U.S. - Down 0.5% (21,219 Vehicles Sold This Month)
Ford Motor Company - Down 0.6% (172,612 Vehicles Sold This Month)
General Motors Co. - Down 3.8% (195,909 Vehicles Sold This Month)
Kia Motors AmericaDown 7% (35,626 Vehicles Sold This Month)
FCA US LLC - Down 11% (152,218 Vehicles Sold This Month)
Toyota Motor North America - Down 11.3% (152,218 Vehicles Sold This Month)
Volvo Cars of North America, LLC - Down 18.2% (3,472 Vehicles Sold This Month)

Brands:
Acura - Down 10.2% (9,202 Vehicles Sold This Month)
Alfa Romeo - Up 59% (108 Vehicles Sold This Month)
Audi - Up 11.4% (13,201 Vehicles Sold This Month)
BMW - Up 0.1% (18,109 Vehicles Sold This Month)
Buick - Down 28.2% (13,117 Vehicles Sold This Month)
Cadillac - Down 4.1% (10,298 Vehicles Sold This Month)
Chevrolet - Down 1.9% (135,170 Vehicles Sold This Month)
Chrysler - Down 39% (13,377 Vehicles Sold This Month)
Dodge - Down 17% (40,109 Vehicles Sold This Month)
Fiat - Down 9% (2,164 Vehicles Sold This Month)
Ford - Down 1.6% (163,827 Vehicles Sold This Month)
Genesis - N/A (1,818 Vehicles Sold This Month)
GMC - Up 1.1% (37,324 Vehicles Sold This Month)
Honda - Up 7.7% (97,178 Vehicles Sold This Month)
Hyundai - Down 0.7% (44,689 Vehicles Sold This Month)
Infiniti - Up 35.8% (11,558 Vehicles Sold This Month)
Jaguar - Up 117.4% (2,939 Vehicles Sold This Month)
Jeep - Down 7% (58,415 Vehicles Sold This Month)
Kia - Down 7% (35,626 Vehicles Sold This Month)
Land Rover - Up 9% (6,163 Vehicles Sold This Month)
Lexus - Down 25.6% (15,572 Vehicles Sold This Month)
Lincoln - Up 22.4% (8,785 Vehicles Sold This Month)
Maserati - Up 69% (889 Vehicles Sold This Month)
Mazda - Up 10.1% (21,698 Vehicles Sold This Month)
Mercedes-Benz - Up 3.5% (25,527 Vehicles Sold This Month)
Mercedes-Benz Vans - Up 7.9% (2,049 Vehicles Sold This Month)
MINI - Down 4% (3,110 Vehicles Sold This Month)
Mitsubishi - Up 3.1% (6,457 Vehicles Sold This Month)
Nissan - Up 3.6% (100,761 Vehicles Sold This Month)
Porsche - Up 5.7% (4,602 Vehicles Sold This Month)
Ram Trucks - Up 5% (38,045 Vehicles Sold This Month)
Smart - Down 18.8% (324 Vehicles Sold This Month)
Subaru - Up 6.8% (43,879 Vehicles Sold This Month)
Toyota - Down 9.2% (127,476 Vehicles Sold This Month)
Volkswagen - Up 17.09% (23,510 Vehicles Sold This Month)
Volvo - Down 18.2% (3,472 Vehicles Sold This Month)

View full article

Wonder when the next auto correction will happen. Year after year sales growth is not sustainable. Yes I do see some big double digits drops but still some auto companies are gonna hit a point of needing a correction.

Course I think some auto companies with bland boring product lines needs to really shake things up. Course then I am dumb founded by VW becoming the worlds biggest auto company even with Diesel gate.

" January 2017 was a pretty terrible month for the American muscle cars, with the Ford Mustang and Dodge Challenger all posting their worst January since 2014 while the Camaro posted its worst sales month in the seven years that I’ve been covering the muscle car segment "

http://www.torquenews.com/106/ford-mustang-starts-2017-outselling-camaro-challenger-slow-january

36 minutes ago, FordCosworth said:

" January 2017 was a pretty terrible month for the American muscle cars, with the Ford Mustang and Dodge Challenger all posting their worst January since 2014 while the Camaro posted its worst sales month in the seven years that I’ve been covering the muscle car segment "

http://www.torquenews.com/106/ford-mustang-starts-2017-outselling-camaro-challenger-slow-january

Why even post this?

Its January...

When in Hades has January ever been good to any muscle car sale, ever?

Is this, like, shocking news or something?

Oh...Mustang is outselling Camaro...THAT is the news you like to point out....

You know...El Kabong no longer posts in here....

The rest of us really dont care for that...the rest of us want all 3 pony cars to stick around and evolve into electricity powered muscle cars when the internal combustion engine is laid to rest in the next 20-30-40-50 years and beyond!

I will give you this:

Come summer, I think we will finally see the Challenger start losing sales as it really has become out dated and obsolete...the people that bought the first Challys were excited when the updates to the interior happened so they handed over their old Challys and moved into the new ones....but that charade has already happened once and it has become stale to happen again while at the same time, that interior upgrade got  conquest sales too, but...finally, this is the end of the road for the Chally...If 1 seat Demon is true and possibly marketed as a drag only car, Im afraid the time is up for the Chally....maybe the supposed 'Cuda will help...

The Camaro...is ugly as sin...and the Transformer fanboys have gotten their Bumblee Bee fix with the last generation....this Alpha one was doomed from the get go!

11 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

Why even post this?

Its January...

The rest of us really dont care for that...the rest of us want all 3 pony cars to stick around and evolve into electricity powered muscle cars when the internal combustion engine is laid to rest in the next 20-30-40-50 years and beyond!

I will give you this:

Come summer, I think we will finally see the Challenger start losing sales as it really has become out dated and obsolete...the people that bought the first Challys were excited when the updates to the interior happened so they handed over their old Challys and moved into the new ones....but that charade has already happened once and it has become stale to happen again while at the same time, that interior upgrade got  conquest sales too, but...finally, this is the end of the road for the Chally...If 1 seat Demon is true and possibly marketed as a drag only car, Im afraid the time is up for the Chally....maybe the supposed 'Cuda will help...

The Camaro...is ugly as sin...and the Transformer fanboys have gotten their Bumblee Bee fix with the last generation....this Alpha one was doomed from the get go!

This ^^ because you pretty much covered what I was going to say. It's January so big whoop. 

• Disagree 1

Gotta make performance SUVs now.  All wheel drive coupes and sedans may slow the Crossover take over rate, but automakers got people convinced that they need AWD and that they need a 40 cubic foot area to haul a gym bag and 2 bags of groceries.   If you have all wheel drive Camaros and Mustangs, maybe that gets buyers in the snow belt to keep buying, but it is hard to stop the crossover. 

I get the feeling it has more to do with what is going on rather the the cars themselves...

I expect if things keep getting crazier out there, sales are going to dive based on fear.

A few local dealerships are cutting staff around here already...many are afraid to put money out at the moment....

15 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

Why even post this?

Its January...

I will give you this:

Mustang and Challenger having their worst January in 3yrs, and Camaro having its worst month of sales since its rebirth is ( sales ) newsworthy.

If you don't care, don't dont read, don't comment. Pretty simple.

17 hours ago, FordCosworth said:

Well I thought it was interesting information.. Not thread worthy but interesting as it was info about ALL of them doing terrible and not trying to single out any one of them.

22 minutes ago, FordCosworth said:

Here is a Fun Fact...

F- Series - 57,995 ( +12.5% )

All four GM models ( Silverado, Sierra, Colorado, Canyonero ) - 57,757

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2017/02/best-selling-pickup-trucks-january-2017.html

Is this a huge F-Series month or a slow GM month? Or a combination of both? Is this the first time it has happened since the mid-sizers have come out?

30 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

2.) Obvious trolling 

How was it trolling? He posted a link and a quote from the link was about all three. If it was a troll move wouldn't he have used the article title at least that was showing the Camaro in a negative light as opposed to the quote he chose? Also, this is a sales thread.. it was about sales..

You guys look really stupid right now.

Edited by ccap41
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

No offense ccap41, but I don't need your support to make my point. He does this every month the Mustang comes out on top and then hides under a rock when they don't so so well. There are hundreds of other models to talk about but the fanboy always chooses one make and their models when they are doing well. That's his MO and I have no problem calling him out on in, escpecially after seeing his childish response to Olds. 

If it happens that often.. ignore it..? Aren't you two supposed to be doing that anyway, yet neither of you can stay away from each other? You two are like the high school crush who isn't allowed to see her boyfriend but she's sooooo in love with him she can't stop seeing him until the parents(mods) find out and put an end to it.

Yes, enthusiasts tend to want to talk about the enthusiast vehicles. Sports cars and 'manly' trucks.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, surreal1272 said:

Except he is neither. He is a one brand fan who only talks about one brand. The only time he speaks about other brands is when he can talk $h! about him. 

Btw, ignoring is a choice but that does not mean that I have to stay silent and the last time I checked, that's a two way street. 

I said the two of you. I didn't say just you or just him.

You two are pretty much in love with each other. You two can't resist the companionship of one another.

Honestly, I've seen way worse fanboy posts than one that says all 3 of the D3 are down to be calling somebody on that. Had it been something like, "Mustang dominates Camaro" or "Ford eats Chevy's dinner" it would be more understandable but it literally said all three had a terrible January dating back at least a few years.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, FordCosworth said:

Mustang and Challenger having their worst January in 3yrs, and Camaro having its worst month of sales since its rebirth is ( sales ) newsworthy.

I gave you a carrot to chew on...yet this is your response back...

Check this out, my message to you-hoo-hoo

(that was easy as 1-2-3 as well as a copy and paste response)

3 little pony cars are not sellin' in January...Dont worry about a thing, 'cause every little thing will be alright...

Maybe that is why for next year, the Chally gets AWD?

Hey...I make conversation here...

Some of us cant handle my heat..too damn bad!

Many choose to ignore me when the heat gets too hot....they leave the kitchen...I stay and continue cooking!

Edited by oldshurst442

Hey there, we noticed you're using an ad-blocker. We're a small site that is supported by ads or subscriptions. We rely on these to pay for server costs and vehicle reviews.  Please consider whitelisting us in your ad-blocker, or if you really like what you see, you can pick up one of our subscriptions for just $1.75 a month or $15 a year. It may not seem like a lot, but it goes a long way to help support real, honest content, that isn't generated by an AI bot.

See you out there.

Drew
Editor-in-Chief

Write what you are looking for and press enter or click the search icon to begin your search

Change privacy settings