Cadillac News: Cadillac XT6 Gets $53,690 Starting Price

BTW, here's the BMW Scent cartridge GIMMICK for the 7-series. There are 8 scents to choose from and the car takes two cartridges so you can have different smells programmed for different times of the day or some combo smell from varying the intensity on the two. Each cartridge is $55. They last about 6 months when used moderately. Think of it as a very expensive version of the Glade plug-ins. I am surprised they brand it as BMW Green or Gold No2 or whatever. They should brand it as Chanel No.2 or Christian Dior No.1. Then they can sell it for $300.

s-l1600.png

Edited by dwightlooi

7 hours ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

Quick point of fact.. the Series Fleetwood 75 in 1976 had a 252.2 in (6,406 mm) Wheel base, meaning its wheelbase was longer than a SUBURBAN in length from bumper to bumper

Easy there, big fella! That's the overall length, not the wheelbase. WB was 151" in '75-76.
Series 75 was the (factory built) formal sedan / limousine.
- - - - -

here's the BMW Scent cartridge GIMMICK for the 7-series

New client today has a brand new 740. I would say 'I don't want to know a person that would consider a smell cartridge 'important' for their vehicle', tho this woman seems nice so far. If I get on friendly enough terms, I'll ask about the 7series, you hardly see them anymore, esp since BMW has placed all their future stock in their high volume, downmarket lines.

Edited by balthazar
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, dwightlooi said:

Uh... yeah... you can get the CT6 Premium Luxury with the 2.0T. Nobody bought it though. The problem with packages is that you end up with 30 versions of the car instead of 3 or 4. Some unpopular configurations end up on lots for 2 years and have to be sold at a loss or not at all. One thing you have to understand is that it is not just that the V model is a low volume car. Cadillacs are ALL low volume cars!

You don't really have 30 variations, you have 4 main option packs and a couple stand alone options.  

And no one buys the CT6 with any engine is the problem.  I would be in favor of no 4-cylinder CT6, I'd do turbo V6 and turbo V8 there.  Assuming the car even sticks around.  But this goes for every Cadillac.  An XT4 should have an interior upgrade/luxury package, tech package, sport package, and a cold weather packages with stuff like AWD and panoramic roof as stand alone options.  Cadillac isn't Ford with Titanium, or GMC with Denali, the base Cadillac should be the Denali or Titaniium, thus no need to name it.  

17 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Easy there, big fella! That's the overall length, not the wheelbase. WB was 151" in '75-76.
Series 75 was the (factory built) formal sedan / limousine.
- - - - -

New client today has a brand new 740. I would say 'I don't want to know a person that would consider a smell cartridge 'important' for their vehicle', tho this woman seems nice so far. If I get on friendly enough terms, I'll ask about the 7series, you hardly see them anymore, esp since BMW has placed all their future stock in their high volume, downmarket lines.

That X7 is pretty nice though, they'll sell those.  It has 5 zone climate control, a suede headliner, and 3rd row sunroof.  

20 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

And no one buys the CT6 with any engine is the problem.  I would be in favor of no 4-cylinder CT6, I'd do turbo V6 and turbo V8 there.

Cadillac built the entire year's supply of 2.0Ts over the first few months of the model year- the vast majority are 6-piston.
But if "no one" buys the CT6, who's buying the A7/A8 or 7-series- both of which get handily outsold by the CT6.
In fact, without looking it up, I believe the CT6 sold just under 10K in the US last year, and the s-class was at about 12K.
Is "no one buying the s-class" too????

You gotta drop the obvious nonsense/hyperbole. You can have conversations with people from a factual, reality-based world, you know.

Edited by balthazar

14 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Cadillac built the entire year's supply of 2.0Ts over the first few months of the model year- the vast majority are 6-piston.
But if "no one" buys the CT6, who's buying the A7/A8 or 7-series- both of which get handily outsold by the CT6.
In fact, without looking it up, I believe the CT6 sold just under 10K in the US last year, and the s-class was at about 12K.

You gotta drop the obvious nonsense/hyperbole. You can have conversations with people from a factual, reality-based world, you know.

The 2019 A8 is quite nice, but it sells like crap here, because people don't want big sedans, and the S-class is still the best big sedan there is.  

A8 sells in China though, Audi as a brand sold 620,000 cars in China last year, Audi has global volume that Cadillac doesn't so they can keep these low sellers around.

But Cadillac would be better off with an Omega platform SUV than an Omega platform sedan.  I personally likes sedans, but the car buying public does not.

2 hours ago, dwightlooi said:

BTW, here's the BMW Scent cartridge GIMMICK for the 7-series. There are 8 scents to choose from and the car takes two cartridges so you can have different smells programmed for different times of the day or some combo smell from varying the intensity on the two. Each cartridge is $55. They last about 6 months when used moderately. Think of it as a very expensive version of the Glade plug-ins. I am surprised they brand it as BMW Green or Gold No2 or whatever. They should brand it as Chanel No.2 or Christian Dior No.1. Then they can sell it for $300.

s-l1600.png

Thanks Drew for posting this. I honestly hate these things, but all my travels to Japan, Korea and China shows the Asian Rim is crazy about them as you get them in everything from taxi's to rentals. Crazy. and stinky.

Let me smell the natural leather of the auto, not some fake scent.

The mistake Cadillac made was the RETARDED strategy of trying to revive a LUXURY BRAND from the bottom up. What's worse, they repeated this failed, illogical, strategy three times and never learned. Let's go back to early-2000s...

Cadillac was the purveyor of retiree barges like the Seville and Deville powered by the notoriously unreliable and somewhat underpowered Northstar V8, with a Catera and a re-badged Tahoe thrown in for extra embarrassment. The clientele with Apollo era nostalgia of American luxury were quickly trading in their barges for hospice care and there was no next generation of buyers. GM decided to reboot Caddy as a more "european" and "sporty" brand with the Sigma based CTS powered by an Opel taxi engine and then a Malibu engine. The car was too big to be a 3-series fighter and too small to be a 5-series competitor. The interior with a plastic dash with egg crate HVAC vents was not particularly luxurious and with the exception of the Corvette engined V has no performance to speak of. Its proposition was that it is a cheaper and bigger alternative than a BMW. Whatever octogenarian who still walked into the dealership bought the Devilles and everyone who bought BMWs still bought BMWs. So, that didn't work. It didn't work because a luxury or premium brand is built on PRESTIGE and the CTS gave Caddy no prestige.

Round, two, the CTS got a 2nd generation that is larger, heavier, and slower. The FWD barges were put out to pasture as the Hospice set finally dried up. There was again, nothing outstanding, nothing prestigious and nothing to look at except perhaps the supercharged V. The only difference now is that the car now needs a 5-series parking space but does not have 5 series space on the inside. Again, no prestige, nothing superlative and it didn't work.

Round, three, Caddy takes a jab at the 3-series with the ATS. The car handled better than a 3-series -- well, better than the bloated F30 anyway. The 2.0T is somewhat coarse, but it is spirited enough. The 3.6 is still a Malibu engine and the V makes rattlingly noises resembling a lose heatshield when revved from the vacuum waste gate system but gave Vette performance. With no flagship the brand still had ZERO prestige and the ATS sold only when discounted. As the charge lead by the entry level ATS faltered, the 3rd Gen CTS -- possibly the best car GM has built ever -- found itself languishing on dealer lots priced out of the reach of the bargain hunters and with no prestige to command asking prices as high as $73K. So that didn't work again.

What's common with all three attempts at rebooting the Cadillac brand was that GM started from the bottom with the presumed volume seller -- the cheapest model. Yes, they tried to do it by undercutting the competition. They played around with the size of the car. They played around with the pricing. But, they ALWAYS DID IT WITH AN ENTRY LEVEL CAR. They never understood that Luxury marques are built on prestige. That people didn't buy luxury cars for the magazine reviews, performance numbers or even a specific amenity. They buy luxury cars for the STATUS, RESPECTABILITY AND PRESTIGE driving it brings more than anything else. Think about it will anyone buy a Bentley, Rolls or Range Rover for that matter if they haven't heard much about these brands and the corporate parent tries to reboot them by starting with a blinged up CR-V or Altima? Do you think Tesla would still be in business if they had started not with the Model S, but with some Chevy Bolt like "meh" mobile and tired to work their way up to a luxury electric? I don't think so. Until Caddy can reboot their PRESTIGE, it cannot reboot the brand. GM either doesn't get it, was not willing to part with existing revenue or was simply too broke to do otherwise.

All the finances, pain and logistics aside, this is what could have worked for Caddy:-

(1) GM end production of ALL Cadiilac vehicles.

(2) GM introduces a no excuses $500,000 Caddy -- call it an Auburn or whatever -- with ultimate materials, all machined interior bits, volin grade walnut, Nappa Leather on anything that is not wood or metal, a 1000 hp V12 engine as refined as any lexus, in a car as fast as a Z06. The 13-step, 7 layer paint process is hand polished between applications. The windows are double glazed with both electrochromic dimming and privacy frosting on the inner surfaces, an acoustic liner and is the largest ever pieces of glass to get the Carl Zeiss T* anti-reflective coating. The seat belts are not nylon but real silk interwoven with kevlar. The audio system is unique in that ALL the door panels, head liners and dash surfaces that are not occupied by handles or switch gear have broad swats of Martin-Logan electro-static transducers behind the mesh. Despite the size, power and luxury, the car is quite light with its Aluminum-Lithium and titanium intensive uni-body. Well... you get the picture. A car of superlatives intended to put Rolls and Bentley to shame.

(3) Let the world drool on that for a few years.

(4) Come back with the Escalade and the Escala for $120K to make the brand available to the average 1 percenter.

(5) Once the prestige and image is firmly established, expand down market to the 5 series and X5 competitors, followed by the compacts and crossovers.

In short, work your way down!

Edited by dwightlooi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, dwightlooi said:

Uh... yeah... you can get the CT6 Premium Luxury with the 2.0T. Nobody bought it though. The problem with packages is that you end up with 30 versions of the car instead of 3 or 4. Some unpopular configurations end up on lots for 2 years and have to be sold at a loss or not at all. One thing you have to understand is that it is not just that the V model is a low volume car. Cadillacs are ALL low volume cars!

Exactly, these expensive trims with base engines just don't sell. Nobody spending that kind of coin wants a little 2.0T engine in their luxury barge. 

11 hours ago, balthazar said:

I was curious so I had to look them up...

CT6: 9,669

7 Series: 8,271

S Class: 14,978

A7: 3,852

A8: 1,599 😂

Nearly 10,000 units of CT6 isn't bad at all entering a segment the S Class owns and is very established. 

• Thanks 4

On 3/8/2019 at 11:03 AM, dwightlooi said:

The vertical head lights were the best design elements of Cadillac. Why abandon it for the Mazda look?

Powertrain wise, the XT5 and XT6 as Cadillac SUVs deserve to have the 310hp/348 lb-ft (L3B) 2.7T Inline-4 as the base engine and the 404hp/400lb-ft (LGW) 3.0TT V6 as the upgrade. GM should leave the LGX V6 for the likes of the Traverse and Acadia.

Product wise Mary Barra is a moron. This is another example of why administrators cannot lead, and must not lead, product driven businesses. Tim Cook is another example. You can have a pussy or be a homo, that's just fine. But you cannot have no product vision and forte. There aren't many ills in a car company that a good product line won't fix. And, there aren't many ills which can be fixed through good governance and logistics when the product sucks!

Mary Barra should not have anything to do with this considering Mark Reuss still retains the duties of global product chief as well as President last I checked. The CEO and Chair shouldn't be dabbling in product. Too many other things to do.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

CT6 9969

Continental 8758

LS 9302

A8 1599

7series 8271

SClass. 14, 978

XTS 17,727 units

Also I will add that the CT6 sold 17,223 in China

Yeah, I was just sticking to the vehicles mentioned but that Lincoln has been selling disappointingly as well. 

I don't know much about Lexus/Toyota, is the LS a rebadged Avalon? 

16 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Yeah, I was just sticking to the vehicles mentioned but that Lincoln has been selling disappointingly as well. 

I don't know much about Lexus/Toyota, is the LS a rebadged Avalon? 

Nooo...the ES is the Avalon/Camry relative.  The ES is a FWD/transverse engine model like the Avalon/Camry, the LS is a proper RWD full size sedan.

• Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

CT6 9969

Continental 8758

LS 9302

A8 1599

7series 8271

SClass. 14, 978

XTS 17,727 units

Also I will add that the CT6 sold 17,223 in China

The finer details here doesn't matter. These are ALL low volume cars. The Cruze is at 160,000 units and it is deemed untenable because it is not selling at 350,000 units. The point is that GM needs to figure out how to build a few thousand a year models well and profitably. That is how a luxury brand will operate.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, dwightlooi said:

The finer details here doesn't matter. These are ALL low volume cars. The Cruze is at 160,000 units and it is deemed untenable because it is not selling at 350,000 units. The point is that GM needs to figure out how to build a few thousand a year models well and profitably. That is how a luxury brand will operate.

The reality of the truth (or the truth of the reality) for GM looking at 2018 numbers is pretty sobering...there were only 3 models company wide with over 200,000 units per year--2 trucks and a CUV.  The highest selling car was only 144k units..

1 hour ago, Robert Hall said:

The reality of the truth (or the truth of the reality) for GM looking at 2018 numbers is pretty sobering...there were only 3 models company wide with over 200,000 units per year--2 trucks and a CUV.  The highest selling car was only 144k units..

Yeah.. but GM has a lot of choices.. if U are gonna say GM. No other company currently splits even its Pick-Up truck business like GM does. 805K between the Silvie and Sierra.. then another 168K between the Colo/Canyon..= 973K Trucks in all

282K BIG SUVS and then 245K C2Xx (Enclave/Acadia/XT5/Traverse) and the Blazer and XT6 hadn't even added to that yet.

16 hours ago, dwightlooi said:

The mistake Cadillac made was the RETARDED strategy of trying to revive a LUXURY BRAND from the bottom up. What's worse, they repeated this failed, illogical, strategy three times and never learned. Let's go back to early-2000s...

I agree with the majority of your post.  However they did the Allante in the late 80s to go up market and it failed.  The dynamic duo of STS-V and XLR-V meant to go after the E-class and SL fell flat in a hurry.  Cadillac  has tried to go up market but they botched it every time.  The image is definitely a problem and needs rebuilt I agree.  But Cadillac has screwed up product at the bottom end and the top end, so I don't think it is so simple as just start at the top and work down.  These guys can't get a small crossover right yet you want them to go after Bentley and Rolls, or even an S-class or Aston Martin or something.  

8 hours ago, ccap41 said:

I was curious so I had to look them up...

CT6: 9,669

7 Series: 8,271

S Class: 14,978

A7: 3,852

A8: 1,599 😂

Nearly 10,000 units of CT6 isn't bad at all entering a segment the S Class owns and is very established. 

But the CT6 is priced like an A6, 5-series or E-class.  In fact a 2019 A6 starts $8,000 higher than a CT6.  So run that comparison of CT6 vs those other 3, then run that out globally, where those cars do way better than they do in the USA.  Audi sold 153,000 A6 in China alone last year. 

7 hours ago, Potluck said:

10000 for an expensive sedan isn't bad.  if you like these cars, you need to buy them, not just talk about buying them.

But it isn't expensive, the 2019 CT6 starts at $50,495 and $86,280 for a Platinum AWD TT V6.  

Other base prices:

Audi A6:  $58,900

E300: $53,500

530i: $53,400

There is no S6 yet since this is a new model year, but you can run an E63 or M5 over $130,000.  And a the caveat is the A6 is V6 powered, I imagine they will bring a cheaper 4-cylinder to undercut BMW on price.

I just did the configurator on an S560 4 Matic, you can add $55,650 in options that is a whole CT6, just in options.

2 hours ago, smk4565 said:

But it isn't expensive, the 2019 CT6 starts at $50,495 and $86,280 for a Platinum AWD TT V6.  

Other base prices:

Audi A6:  $58,900

E300: $53,500

530i: $53,400

There is no S6 yet since this is a new model year, but you can run an E63 or M5 over $130,000.  And a the caveat is the A6 is V6 powered, I imagine they will bring a cheaper 4-cylinder to undercut BMW on price.

I just did the configurator on an S560 4 Matic, you can add $55,650 in options that is a whole CT6, just in options.

Then buy a CT6 Platinum AWD TT V6 and forget the Mercedes S560.  MB is rarely a good value anywhere.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, balthazar said:

The 'starts' 2.0T CT6s were only built in a very small volume run for those that want that configuration. The CT6 on average is stickering at $68-70K, and yes; that's expensive.

But E-class, A6 and 5-series probably sell for $68k average too.  Which is why I don’t see the CT6 as a sales success.  And GM must not either if they are planning on killing just after a few years on market.

Now if they were selling CT6’s for more money and profit per unit than Escaldes and only selling 10k a year then who cares if it has massive profit.  The CT6 could be losing money though, it is a platform that only one car is on, TT V6 and V8 not in any other car.  And sedans usually need incentives to sell now.

31 minutes ago, balthazar said:

MBs are the worst value out there- with the highest ATPs they cost their owners more in depreciation than any other make.

And yet they can lease cars cheaper than Cadillac because the cars don’t depreciate as quickly.  Likewise with BMW and Audi.  Wasn’t that the big complaint of Cadillac dealers that the ATS sold so poorly because they can’t match 3-Series lease deals?

Edited by smk4565

I bought a 2005 C55 AMG in 2009 for $26K with 26K miles on the odo, clean title, no dents. The car stickered for $60K new. Drove it for 4.5 years and put 115K on it before selling it for a 2011 Jaguar XF 5.0 Supercharged. The 2014 CTS VSport Premium I bought in 2017 for $33K with 24K miles stickered for $73K new. I don't ever buy new cars and I LOVE DEPRECIATION!

Edited by dwightlooi
  • Agree 4

14 hours ago, smk4565 said:

But the CT6 is priced like an A6, 5-series or E-class.  In fact a 2019 A6 starts $8,000 higher than a CT6.  So run that comparison of CT6 vs those other 3, then run that out globally, where those cars do way better than they do in the USA.  Audi sold 153,000 A6 in China alone last year. 

Yeah, if it is compared to those it sells very poorly. 

E Class/CLS: 46,424

5 Series: 43,937

11 hours ago, balthazar said:

The 'starts' 2.0T CT6s were only built in a very small volume run for those that want that configuration. The CT6 on average is stickering at $68-70K, and yes; that's expensive.

I agree it is expensive buuuuut a CT6 3.6 + AWD starts at 54,990. 

'Starting' is all well & good- can you get any at that price? Is it even relevant? When is the last time you saw a stripped, no-option Cadillac for sale? Or any of the brand/models discussed here? My local dealer has 3 CT6s in inventory right now, all 6s, stickered at $61.5K, $67.2K and $76.7K. That's 'expensive' any way you slice it.

e-class / 5-series are mid-sized sedans, CT6 is around a foot longer. For many, that'd be a shopping factor. Tho I would believe price was moreso a driver, the bulk of press comparisons pit the CT6 against the aforementioned largest sedans from other lux brands.

I think the CT6 is perfectly fine with moving between 10K-15K units/yr; Cadillac is not a high volume brand and IMO that's a solid number.

59 minutes ago, balthazar said:

'Starting' is all well & good- can you get any at that price? Is it even relevant? When is the last time you saw a stripped, no-option Cadillac for sale? Or any of the brand/models discussed here? My local dealer has 3 CT6s in inventory right now, all 6s, stickered at $61.5K, $67.2K and $76.7K. That's 'expensive' any way you slice it.

Lots of XT5 FWD lease specials up here...

image.thumb.png.726fbe4b55ab87ce097b6d54c71eb84a.png

13 hours ago, dwightlooi said:

I bought a 2005 C55 AMG in 2009 for $26K with 26K miles on the odo, clean title, no dents. The car stickered for $60K new. Drove it for 4.5 years and put 115K on it before selling it for a 2011 Jaguar XF 5.0 Supercharged. The 2014 CTS VSport Premium I bought in 2017 for $33K with 24K miles stickered for $73K new. I don't ever buy new cars and I LOVE DEPRECIATION!

100% agree!

14 hours ago, smk4565 said:

But E-class, A6 and 5-series probably sell for $68k average too.  Which is why I don’t see the CT6 as a sales success.  And GM must not either if they are planning on killing just after a few years on market.

Now if they were selling CT6’s for more money and profit per unit than Escaldes and only selling 10k a year then who cares if it has massive profit.  The CT6 could be losing money though, it is a platform that only one car is on, TT V6 and V8 not in any other car.  And sedans usually need incentives to sell now.

And yet they can lease cars cheaper than Cadillac because the cars don’t depreciate as quickly.  Likewise with BMW and Audi.  Wasn’t that the big complaint of Cadillac dealers that the ATS sold so poorly because they can’t match 3-Series lease deals?

The CT6 isn't going anywhere... it will continue in production in China and then possibly again back in the US for the next generation. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dfelt said:

Canada is cheap compared to the US right now.

image.png

His says $99 Weekly. I had to do some small font reading because it didn't make sense to me. 

2 hours ago, frogger said:

Lots of XT5 FWD lease specials up here...

image.thumb.png.726fbe4b55ab87ce097b6d54c71eb84a.png

$99 a WEEK. It doesn't seem that special of a price. 

• Thanks 1

🤷🏻‍♂️

3 hours ago, balthazar said:

e-class / 5-series are mid-sized sedans, CT6 is around a foot longer. For many, that'd be a shopping factor. Tho I would believe price was moreso a driver, the bulk of press comparisons pit the CT6 against the aforementioned largest sedans from other lux brands.

I think the CT6 is perfectly fine with moving between 10K-15K units/yr; Cadillac is not a high volume brand and IMO that's a solid number.

I agree, anything over 50k is expensive for an automobile to me. I was just pointing out the 3.6 +AWD can be had at a "reasonable" price as well, not just the 2.0T. 

CT6 is classified as a mid-size sedan.. I don't know if they're wasteful on the interior volume or what but it gets classified with the CTS when I'm looking at sales 🤷🏻‍♂️

21 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

His says $99 Weekly. I had to do some small font reading because it didn't make sense to me. 

DOH, Yup I missed that too. WoW talk about deceiving. 

20 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

🤷🏻‍♂️

I agree, anything over 50k is expensive for an automobile to me. I was just pointing out the 3.6 +AWD can be had at a "reasonable" price as well, not just the 2.0T. 

CT6 is classified as a mid-size sedan.. I don't know if they're wasteful on the interior volume or what but it gets classified with the CTS when I'm looking at sales 🤷🏻‍♂️

erm... no it's not?

2019-03-13_13-42-51.png

35 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

That's $99 CD,  which would be $74 USD or about $296 USD/mo.   28 month lease is unusual, Canadian months.   Don't think I've seen that in the US. 

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, balthazar said:

MBs are the worst value out there- with the highest ATPs they cost their owners more in depreciation than any other make.

...and ungodly repairs...

17 hours ago, dwightlooi said:

I agree. I bought a fully loaded R line Beetle that stickered at like 33K for 16K two years old with 15K miles.

1 hour ago, Drew Dowdell said:

They have made a mistake. 

Are we talking about the midsize thing...cancelling the CT6....or building the bland XT6. All three of them are mistakes IMHO.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

The midsize classification of the CT6

The CT6 is a full-size sedan by government standards, period. For the purpose of government regulations, the EPA defines sedan sizes solely based on interior volume of the passenger cell and trunk. However, there is no law requiring manufacturers to advertise a mid-size as a mid-size or requiring 3rd party publications for using whatever alternative definition they please:-

• Compact = 100~109.9 cu-ft
  • Mid-Size = 100~119.9 cu-ft
  • Full-Size = 120+ cu-ft

The CT6 has an interior volume of 110 cu-ft + 15.3 cu-ft = 125.3 cu-ft.

The CTS has an interior volume of 97 cu-ft + 13.7 cu-ft = 110.7 cu-ft

3 hours ago, ccap41 said:

3 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

They have made a mistake. 

No doubt. This isn't even a Cadillac screw up but a GOODCAR one. I really wish Americans would start thinking on their own again and stop with this word for word interpretation and endorsement by magazines and media. That's how an election got effed up.. well partially. 

5 minutes ago, dwightlooi said:

The CT6 is a full-size sedan by government standards, period. For the purpose of government regulations, the EPA defines sedan sizes solely based on interior volume of the passenger cell and trunk. However, there is no law requiring manufacturers to advertise a mid-size as a mid-size or requiring 3rd party publications for using whatever alternative definition they please:-

• Compact = 100~109.9 cu-ft
  • Mid-Size = 100~119.9 cu-ft
  • Full-Size = 120+ cu-ft

The CT6 has an interior volume of 110 cu-ft + 15.3 cu-ft = 125.3 cu-ft.

The CTS has an interior volume of 97 cu-ft + 13.7 cu-ft = 110.7 cu-ft

No Doubt. Getting outta my V and getting into a CT6 felt like I had moved from a 3 bedroom apt to a 6 Bedroom. 

Edited by Cmicasa the Great
  • Agree 2