Alternative Fuels & Propulsion RANDOM

16 hours ago, David said:

Seems even in the Pandemic year, research is still ongoing and capturing the new auto before it is revealed happens.

Latest reveal ahead of official reveal is the Lucid SUV. Have to say it looks good and seems to borrow some points from Rivian.

Sharp capture by someone on the road in capturing both the Lucid Sedan and SUV.

Will say that there is nothing special that says this really stands out from the rest, but I will give them credit for having a proper SUV back end.

Seems Smooth is the rage as everyone looks to reduce drag by NOT having things stick out.

Some big green house windows, but the sides seem very high giving that bunker look that I have not liked on the Camaro to this SUV.

image.png

image.png

image.png

https://electrek.co/2020/08/18/lucid-electric-suv-prototype-spotted-ahead-launch/

Seems after the Delay that was considered an embarrassment for Musk, Tesla is finally going to push the Two-Factor authentication out to all Tesla Auto's.

https://electrek.co/2020/08/16/tesla-push-2-factor-authentication-embarrassing-delay-elon-musk/

I do like that they tried to keep it somewhat squared off instead of all coupe-like to maximize aerodynamic efficiency. The windshield has a crazy rake to it but he rest is pretty square and I appreciate that. 

I don't like the wheels but that's relatively minor and "easy" to change(assuming they're smart enough to use the same lug pattern as some other manufacturer). 

Edited by ccap41
  • Agree 2

7 hours ago, ccap41 said:

I do like that they tried to keep it somewhat squared off instead of all coupe-like to maximize aerodynamic efficiency. The windshield has a crazy rake to it but he rest is pretty square and I appreciate that. 

I don't like the wheels but that's relatively minor and "easy" to change(assuming they're smart enough to use the same lug pattern as some other manufacturer). 

That was my thinking too, the Front rake is crazy, but understandable. Love the Squared off back end and the roof rack. I am actually liking the style too. Wheels were Meh, to me, but like you stated, if they are using industry standard lug pattern, then new rims are not a problem.

I am also liking the large glass between the C & D pillars.

• Like 1

Interesting editorial in the Houston Chronicle by Chris Tomlinson who writes about and follows the Oil Industry.

New battery tech will pull electric vehicles even with petrol-fueled cars.

1) He lists all the battery companies that have been bought up by oil companies due to solid state batteries that are coming out in 2023.

2) He lists all the auto companies that have paired up or bought interest in battery companies who are all releasing solid state batteries in 2023.

3) He gives a quick history of batteries and why they could not till now charge fast enough. Liquid has always been the issue.

4) He talks about the various kinds of solid state design that will quadruple the density of battery charge and can exceed even todays 800V charging power.

One noticeable change that will affect everyone world wide is that a solid state cell that is the same size of existing Li cells that have liquid will be 4 times denser, meaning take your existing cell phone and the battery it has today and quadruple the amount of charge it can carry and how long it will last before having to recharge. Now do that to EVs and you have some big range.

Imagen the Chevrolet Bolt with current 258 miles on the existing liquid Li battery and a move to solid state means they can reduce the size to one quarter the size and keep the same range, or keep the same size but end up with a battery pack that has a 1,032 mile range.

Example the writer makes is current Bolt takes 6 hours to charge up full and yet at a commercial quick charge site, it will take minutes.

Good informative read.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/columnists/tomlinson/article/new-battery-tech-electic-cars-vehicles-evs-15473080.php

• Agree 1

Sounds like good news. . . . . except for the oil companies buying up battery companies bit.  Reminds me a little too much of GM NOT releasing the V8-6-4 prototype in 1968 because their shareholders (read: oil companies) did not want a reduction of their business.

9 hours ago, riviera74 said:

Sounds like good news. . . . . except for the oil companies buying up battery companies bit.  Reminds me a little too much of GM NOT releasing the V8-6-4 prototype in 1968 because their shareholders (read: oil companies) did not want a reduction of their business.

Even when they did release the V8-6-4 it was a disaster as tech was not available to make it work smoothly or reliably.

I suspect the Oil companies are hedging their bet's by owning the battery companies that need oil for the production of the case and other solid state components that are high impact plastic based. Another way for them to keep the money coming in for what oil they still produce.

An interesting read for those curious about how EV Semi Trucks and Public buses will be powered. Very interesting to read about the Mega Watts of power needed to recharge a fleet. For the most part, the West coast is adding power and charging, Midwest has yet to do much of anything and the east coast is slowly adding charging stations and looking to add capacity. Be interesting to see where we are by 2025 for power production in support of EV's everything.

https://chargedevs.com/newswire/electric-truck-fleets-will-need-a-lot-of-power-and-utilities-need-to-start-planning-now/

image.png

Seems BorgWarner will be the official Power Train of the Mustang Mach e EV.

To Quote the story:

Unlike other BorgWarner eGearDrive units, the gearing incorporated within the iDM does not utilize parallel axis gearing. Instead, it features a concentric design with outputs on the same axis as the electric motor, which results in a more compact package. The gearbox can handle 4,278 Nm of axle torque and input speeds up to 13,800 rpm. Also, BorgWarner designed and packaged an integrated park module, along with a cooling and lubrication solution to provide thermal management to the whole iDM system, all within one compact assembly. 

The iDM will power the Mustang Mach-E’s rear-wheel-drive and all-wheel-drive configurations. For the all-wheel-drive GT version, BorgWarner will supply the secondary drive unit to power the front wheels as well. Production is slated to begin this year.

Have to say the RPM and Torque are exciting. Cannot complain about 3,155 lb-ft of torque.

https://chargedevs.com/newswire/borgwarner-to-build-integrated-drive-module-for-ford-mustang-mach-e/

Graphene: 200 times stronger than steel, 1,000 times lighter than paper, 98% transparent, conducts electricity better than any other material at room temperature and can convert light at any wavelength into a current. Final feature is it is the 4th most-abundant element in the world and universe.

https://science.howstuffworks.com/innovation/new-inventions/graphene.htm

Good read on the stuff and how it will radically change everything from cell phones to EV's. From supercapactors to faster charging and denser solid state batteries that way less. This is a game changer and up till recently was a super material that will change many things, but then a new feature was discovered that will help really boost solar cells and batteries is the new superconductor displacement angle that MIT discovered in experimenting with dual-layered graphene.

Expect cellphones to laptops to take advantage of the Graphene benefits first with new products coming out in 2021. This will allow charging to be 5 times faster, battery life to last 3 times longer and battery cycles to last 5 times longer before replacement.

Samsung and Huwei will be the expected first out with tech that uses the new solid state graphene batteries. One company is already selling various base products to be used in production. https://www.graphenea.com/ 

Graphene batteries are expected out in 2023 that will give 20% increase in capacity over Li-Ion and 15% energy density increase. Solar cells will be out that are 20% more efficient at converting sunlight to electricity.

From auto parts to water desalinization, Graphene is going to change the 21st century for everyone. 

Labor Day is almost here and the Lease deals around the country for EV's are going gangbusters already.

Leading the charge is Hyundai with a $140 a month Lease deal on their EV Ioniq.

Check out all the deals listed here: https://electrek.co/2020/08/24/huge-labor-day-ev-lease-140-mo-deals-and-discounts-prices-less-than-gas/

16 hours ago, David said:

Labor Day is almost here and the Lease deals around the country for EV's are going gangbusters already.

Leading the charge is Hyundai with a $140 a month Lease deal on their EV Ioniq.

Check out all the deals listed here: https://electrek.co/2020/08/24/huge-labor-day-ev-lease-140-mo-deals-and-discounts-prices-less-than-gas/

10,000 miles per year really isn't too bad for that lease. I would have expected one of the "ultra low" 8,000 miles per year, kind of leases. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

10,000 miles per year really isn't too bad for that lease. I would have expected one of the "ultra low" 8,000 miles per year, kind of leases. 

For people who work from home and rarely go out to seniors that want minimal maintenance, the lease is a great deal for a new auto IMHO.

I have a Neighbor who is like me a computer engineer, always has worked from home. He works for Comcast as his specialty is the 4K encryption for streaming. He has a 2004 Toyota pickup, manual, manual windows, manual door locks, AM/FM radio. Base model and it still has not gone over 75,000 miles. 16 years old. Crazy, but says he will hold onto it till it hits 100,000 miles. If he was actually into auto's, and wants something new every 3 to 4 years like my brother in-law, this would be for him.

• Agree 2

This year so far I've put maybe 350 miles on my Jeep...and I've been working from home for 3+ years, but this year is unusual... quite different from back in the early 00s where I once put 12k miles on my old Jeep in one year.

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, David said:

For people who work from home and rarely go out to seniors that want minimal maintenance, the lease is a great deal for a new auto IMHO.

I have a Neighbor who is like me a computer engineer, always has worked from home. He works for Comcast as his specialty is the 4K encryption for streaming. He has a 2004 Toyota pickup, manual, manual windows, manual door locks, AM/FM radio. Base model and it still has not gone over 75,000 miles. 16 years old. Crazy, but says he will hold onto it till it hits 100,000 miles. If he was actually into auto's, and wants something new every 3 to 4 years like my brother in-law, this would be for him.

My dad is in a similar driving situation with his Tacoma. 2012 and it has around 45,000 miles on it. He only lives 3 miles from work and when him and my mom go places they usually take her car as it gets better mileage. She had a 2012 Fusion and just a few months ago got a 2020 RAV4 TRD. It's a pretty dang sweet little CUV. The ONLY thing it doesn't have that I'd want is a more powerful engine. It's pretty loaded up for not being the top trim. I'm not really sure what the top trim really adds to what they have. Theirs has heated and cooled seats, lane keeping assist, radar cruise control, a rearview mirror like Caddy's that acts as a camera when you flip the switch, and of course their neat off road touches like crawl control and hill hold. 

10 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

This year so far I've put maybe 350 miles on my Jeep...and I've been working from home for 3+ years, but this year is unusual... quite different from back in the early 00s where I once put 12k miles on my old Jeep in one year.

Daaaamn, so like ONE TANK OF GAS?!?

I average about 12,000 per year. I think the average american is in the 12,000-15,000 range. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Daaaamn, so like ONE TANK OF GAS?!?

I average about 12,000 per year. I think the average american is in the 12,000-15,000 range. 

I've filled up twice since January.   And wasn't below a 1/4 each time.   With working from home and self-quarantining, I've had no reason to go out this year except for occasional local trips.  

Now last year w/ working from home but normal driving, I drove about 6000 miles.   2018 was similar. 

Edited by Robert Hall

I used to do 12,000 miles a year pre-Covid.  I'm not sure what I'm at exactly because I've rotated which cars I'm driving this year multiple times, but it's def going to be lower than previous years. 

Albert's will go higher than previous years because he's driving to work every day instead of taking the bus on weekdays like he did pre-covid. 

• Agree 1

My wife and me still have to come to work everyday, and we did few road trips.  I expect us to put about the same mileage as before.  But plenty of people I know will have maybe only 10% of the mileage they used to do.

I usually have 15,000 miles a year on the SS, no more than 6,000 miles on the Escalade as that is our road trip auto. With the Pandemic, the Escalade has a total so far of 207 miles from using it to load up groceries and supplies for the seniors in the family and delivery to their homes. The SS as of August has a total of 4387 miles put on it so far. I suspect at most maybe 8,000 miles this year. Staying home, working in the yard and garden, just not taking any chances with my wife not having a thyroid, just gotta be safe and smart.

• Agree 2

Lucid Motors has released some additional details about their car (Lucid Air) and it is class leading and clearly puts Tesla on notice that their Tesla S will NOT be the luxury leader.

Here are the details they released:

• Frunk will be class leading at 9.9 cubic feet, largest currently in the EV car segment
  • Trunk will be 16 cubic feet, again class leading compared to both car and cuv out right now.
  • Battery pack will be a 113 kWh, significantly larger than the 100 kWh battery pack Tesla offers and good for 517 miles. Considerably more efficient than Tesla
  • Drive train and Cooling system is a Unified liquid motor-transmission unit that save lots of space contributing to the larger frunk/trunk.

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1129377_lucid-air-will-have-113-kwh-battery-pack-biggest-frunk-ever-miniaturized-drivetrain

More details to come at the official auto reveal on September 9th 2020. Pre-Orders are open now at their web site.

https://lucidmotors.com/

LATEST EV STUDY FINDING:

The latest study based on interviewing 9,000 consumers, 750 fleet managers and 30 automotive industry professionals in 8 countries. US, UK, Norway, France, Germany, India, China and Japan.

Global tipping point for mass EV adoption:

• 31 minute maximum full battery charging
  • minimum range of 291 miles
  • Base price of $36,000 before incentives and truly available on the lots to buy.

Final point that everyone said was needed is also believed to be a bit harder and that is having the OEM Auto companies boost marketing and informational training on the EV's, benefits, reasons to buy, etc.

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1129373_study-finds-global-tipping-points-for-evs-31-minute-charging-291-miles-of-range-36-000

Aluminum is now the fastest growing segment of material use in Auto's and especially in the EV segment. Current High Strength Aluminum use is 12% in current auto's, expected to be 24% by 2030 and up to 50% by 2050.

https://chargedevs.com/newswire/use-of-aluminum-growing-faster-than-any-other-automotive-material/

India's Mahindra announces it will use the Isreal REE platform for commercial EV's globally.

REE's modular platform uses in-wheel hub motors and has all electrical components in the wheel well's allowing for a quick change of body depending on the needs. Thus the plateform is very flexible for use as a taxi to delivery van, service truck, etc.

India due to poor air quality has stated ALL ICE Auto sales will end in 2030 thus moving the country to EV auto's, Motorcycles, Bikes, etc. Thus Mahindra has become very bullish on building EV's starting with the Commercial market as it also plans for it's auto lines to convert to EV's but on an internal built platform.

The REE platform will compete with Lordstown motors and Rivian who both have their own Skateboard module platform and is either already signed to build commercial auto's like Rivian for Amazon or in Lordstown case shopping around to get commercial companies / fleets interested in having them build specific EV commercial auto's.

image.png

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1129390_india-s-mahindra-announces-it-will-use-ree-platform-for-commercial-evs

On 8/25/2020 at 10:06 AM, Robert Hall said:

I've filled up twice since January.   And wasn't below a 1/4 each time.   With working from home and self-quarantining, I've had no reason to go out this year except for occasional local trips.  

Now last year w/ working from home but normal driving, I drove about 6000 miles.   2018 was similar. 

I hope you put some gas stabilizer ...

• Agree 1

Sta-Bil would have you believe you need a stabilizer if a vehicle is going to sit for over 30 days. Imagine how much product they could sell if everyone followed that recommendation. You could chalk that up to increased maintenance, if you buy the narrative.

I've most commonly seen 6 months as a more realistic time span.

47 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Sta-Bil would have you believe you need a stabilizer if a vehicle is going to sit for over 30 days. Imagine how much product they could sell if everyone followed that recommendation. You could chalk that up to increased maintenance, if you buy the narrative.

I've most commonly seen 6 months as a more realistic time span.

Most articles say 3 to 6 month.  If gas has ethanol, than even sooner.

Interesting review, plenty positive but also plenty Negative about the Mercedes-Benz GLB. 

For a green car report, they clearly liked the Electric MB that was sold on the west coast and feel the GLB should have been pure electric from the start.

With that said they did give a decent review on the auto and how it handled form City driving to a 900 mile trip.

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1129420_2020-mercedes-benz-glb250-drive-review-price-specs-photos-info

Excellent read on how focused training allows Sales people on auto lots to sell 10 times more EV's. 

The focus of a sales person is to direct a potential buyer to an auto they understand and can sell quickly to get their commission and move onto the next sell.

A study was done starting in 2017 to figure out how to better sell EV's. There are now kiosks that help explain the biggest question of buyers, EV charging and how the various different chargers work. 

Charge away kiosk helps potential buyers in more than just where chargers are located, by also answering basic questions to help educate the public about EVs.

image.png

https://chargedevs.com/newswire/startup-chargeway-launches-kiosks-to-showcase-ev-charging-options/

This secret sauce allows people to plan and feel better about road trips, time to recharge an EV, etc. Breaking down the type of chargers and where they are greatly helps people decide. Green for Nissan Leaf, Red for Tesla and Blue for those that follow the CCS standard.

image.png

This was especially helpful in that this software company and Charging infrastructure supplier realized the challenge for dealerships where turn over of 50% a year in sales is very common.

The kiosk helps the sales folks get up to speed on selling EV's very fast.

This became true as the company grew and started to put the Kiosks in dealerships that actually had inventory of EV's. Sales increased from 2 to 10 times greater turn over.

Story for reading is here, the full report will be published in September.

https://chargedevs.com/features/shoppers-buy-more-evs-if-they-understand-charging-and-now-theres-proof-exclusive-first-look/

Deliveries are starting for the VW ID.3 as the first 700 just got off loaded in Norway where they will launch the sales of VW ID.3 in Europe in what is currently one of the largest EV markets around.

• Haha 1

BMW i3 Deal of the Week.

Are you happy with 83 miles of range if you live in the city or 158 if you live in the outskirts of the city? If you are then you can get a sweet deal on the LAPD fleet of BMW i3 EVs that are up for sale. After spending $10 Million and taking care of them, due to the limited range of the i3, LAPD replaced them with Tesla's and put the whole fleet up for sale. Miles run from 8,000 to just under 20,000 miles. Prices are from $15 to $17 thousand and are CPO as the local BMW dealership has recertified them and is working to sell the fleet for the LAPD.

https://thecurrentreview.com/News/Heres-Where-LAPDs-BMW-i3-Fleet-is-Now/#wbb1

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1129430_used-bmw-i3-police-cars-offered-up-in-la-electric-car-deal-or-not

Mercedes-Benz is happy as they have a US Launch Customer being Amazon who just bought 1,800 of the electric vans for Prime delivery. The order is for 1,200 of the eSprinter Van and 600 Medium-size eVito vans. Both vans have a posted range of 94 miles. This is Mercedes-Benz largest order to date for their electric vans. Amazon will take delivery of the fleet this year and will be deployed around Europe in their inner city delivery fleet.

Amazon will use these in the inner city for delivery where the average route is about 40 miles.

Amazon says this will help it with it's Climate Pledge in becoming net-zero -carbon by 2040. Amazon agreed to buy and test out these vans now that Mercedes=Benz has signed onto "The Climate Pledge" to help address climate change.

image.png

https://chargedevs.com/newswire/amazon-orders-1800-mercedes-benz-electric-vans/

Seems Everyone is getting into the Electric Van business for deliveries. It seems Stellantis has rolled out their Peugeot E-Boxer delivery van and it could very well become the Ram ProMaster e as well as the European Fiat Ducato e if all goes well with the merge and continued expansion of all things European in the US.

image.png

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/08/27/peugeot-eboxer-ram-promaster-electric-van/#slide-2259789

Continuing the expansion of all things Electric, Bollinger Motors has decided to enter the delivery business with what they say will be the lowest loading floor of any delivery van out there. Like Rivian's van, Bollinger says it will have from 70 to 210 kWh battery packs for use from inner city to rural delivery. Production will begin in 2022

image.png

image.png

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/08/27/bollinger-motors-deliver-e-electric-delivery-van/#slide-2259755

On 8/25/2020 at 6:55 PM, ocnblu said:

Just double-checked, I have 21,480 miles on my truck now.  Got it middle of July, 2019.

From 7.19.19 to 8.22.20 I put 8758 miles on my truck.

Where you always scampering to, blu?

3 hours ago, David said:

...a sweet deal on the LAPD fleet of BMW i3 EVs that are up for sale. After spending $10 Million...

MAN, does Gov't know how to incinerate your money!

- - - - -

RE the van illustration above; you'd think a serious manufacturer would know not to present a van with NO ground clearance, breakover or departure angle clearance.

Edited by balthazar
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, balthazar said:

RE the van illustration above; you'd think a serious manufacturer would know not to present a van with NO ground clearance, breakover or departure angle clearance.

Bollinger did acknowledge this and said the clearance would be 18 inches.

6 hours ago, balthazar said:

Where you always scampering to, blu?

Well our illustrious governor deemed my business "essential", so my mileage stayed pretty much normal.  At first we were a bit paranoid, based on what we were told.  Suddenly after 27 years I was a bit skeevish about getting in and out of ppl's nasty cars, but that subsided, with a little bit of clear thought.  I am actually glad to have been going to work every day after an initial 2-week period of 3 days on, 4 days off.

Edited by ocnblu

4 hours ago, balthazar said:

You’ve got a hellva commute, or do you travel FOR work?
My son is still based out of my house but works in NYState, he drives about 36K a yr right now.

That is so sad that one has to drive that kind of miles for a job. Yet I also understand it as the living cost in NY are just stupid high. Course NJ is not much better either. Taxation at a crazy rate.

Kia while using the CCS industry standard charging interface has decided to BUCK the trend of going with a 400 volt charging system in their new line of EV's and will go directly to 800 volt following Porsche allowing for a full battery recharge in less than 20 minute.

image.png

https://chargedevs.com/newswire/kia-to-introduce-800-volt-battery-system-goosing-charging-speeds/

Battery Density could it become 50% denser in just 2 to 3 years or even self recharging?

Tesla via Musk's own social media accounts has been teasing the last few weeks that Tesla will have within 2 to 3 years a 50% denser battery pack or more. With this Musk has teased that Electric air travel is only a few years away since there are electric trainers today that can cover 100 miles.

If battery density is to increase 50% that would mean a current 300 mile battery back becomes 450 in the same size.

Some believe that Musk / Tesla will do this via Silicon Nanowire Anode technology. This would be via Amprius Technologies tech. https://www.amprius.com/technology/

Interesting is that Tesla Kato Road facility is just Diagonal from Amprius.

image.png

https://www.ibtimes.com/elon-musk-teases-batteries-50-higher-capacity-only-few-years-3037667

Yet with this is others that believe NDB Battery tech is the future. This would be a safe recycled nuclear waste into a self charging battery pack. This would end up with a true lifetime battery pack that would outlast any other.

Quote the tech from their web site:

Diamond Nuclear Voltaic (DNV): NDB is one of the earliest adopters and developers of this technology backed up by recent publications. Typically, DNV as a device is a combination of a semiconductor , metal and ceramic which has two contact surfaces to facilitate charge collection. Several single units are attached together to create a stack arrangement, which is fabricated to create a positive and negative contact surface similar to a common battery system. Every layer of the DNV stack consists of a high energy output source. This kind of arrangement improves the overall efficiency of the system and provides a multi layer safety shield for the product.

Rapid conversion from radiation to electricity: All radioisotopes are known to produce high amounts of heat. The strategic placement of the source between the DNV units facilitates inelastic scattering originated due to the presence of single crystalline diamond (SCD) in the DNV unit. This design prevents self-absorption of heat by the radioisotope and enables rapid conversion to usable electricity.

Thin film structure: The thin-film profile exhibited by NDB allows radiation absorption in the single crystalline diamond with minimal self adsorption. Due to its flexible design structure, this technology can take any shape and form in accordance to the application. This makes NDB’s battery system market friendly.

Nuclear recycle process: Utilization of radioactive waste as otherwise is a subject not many have looked into. At NDB, we aim to  reuse the nuclear fuel by reprocessing and recycling to enable sustainability and promote a clean energy source in a safe and secure environment.

Safety

One of the key innovations of NDB is its highly sophisticated safety feature covering the three most important aspects of thermal, mechanical and radiation safety. The battery system uses several concepts to ensure maximum safety of the device:

Diamond encapsulator:  The DNV stacks along with the source are coated with a layer of poly-crystalline diamond, which is known for being the most thermally conductive material also has the ability to contain the radiation within the device and is the hardest material, twelve times tougher than stainless steel. This makes our product extremely tough and tamperproof.

Built in thermal vents: The high energy source present in the battery system produces heat during operation. This leads to thermal conduction in the system. Thermal vents in the system help conduct this process with respect to the outer surface of the diamond to keep the interiors at an optimum level.

Boron-doped SCD: Trying to utilise every aspect in the system, NDB in addition to alpha and beta also incorporates usage of neutron radiations by utilising a boron-10 doping. Doping helps to convert the extra neutron into alpha ray.

Lock-in System: Using a nuclear power source for a battery system brings up the question of nuclear proliferation due to production of fissionable isotopes such as Pu- 238 and U-232. To tackle this issue, NDB uses an ion implantation mechanism called “lock-in system” which prevents usage other than power generation. This increases the usability, by meeting consumer safety requirements

https://ndb.technology

ROFLMAO, why you might ask and that would be due to the multi-million dollars spent revamping the down town roads of LA to be more EV and Bike Friendly. Sadly, I think they clearly forgot or as the story goes, maybe there is a bit of a turf battle between EV and Bike. This picture shows the problem and one can only shake their head at how the hell did the city planners miss this.

image.png

Talk about Clothes lining the bike riders. :roflmao:

https://www.thedrive.com/tech/36026/a-perfect-example-of-how-not-to-do-ev-charging-on-public-streets

6 hours ago, David said:

That is so sad that one has to drive that kind of miles for a job.

1. He doesn't mind the drive, and he's 2nd shift, so he's driving off-peak.
2. He's making more money right out of school than most people make after working white collar for 25 years, so the incentive to drive is high. ;)

5 hours ago, David said:

one can only shake their head at how the hell did the city planners miss this.

You're kidding, right?

• Haha 1

Its in California...   EVs are EVERYWHERE...

I know we wanna bash EVs every PHOQUING chance we get, and I know we wanna spew the 1-2% of the market, but... in California, EV market share is pretty high...

So...that is why the shiny red balloon his way.

In other words...he deserves getting shyte on. He shouldnt get praised for his nonsense...

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, oldshurst442 said:

Its in California...   EVs are EVERYWHERE...

I know we wanna bash EVs every PHOQUING chance we get, and I know we wanna spew the 1-2% of the market, but... in California, EV market share is pretty high...

End of calendar year 2018, it was 7.8% in CA. That's not 'pretty high', that's not 'moderately high', that's not even 'sorta maybe OK-ish'. It's LOW. Maybe 'terribly low'.

Nationally, EV sales peaked that year. IE; they were down in 2019. I don't have the figures for '19 in CA, so I'll just leave it at that.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1