Dodge Nitro in person

thedriver

I visited the Iowa State Fair this year, and at the tent of the Local Dooge dealer they had a pre-production Nitro. The gentleman I asked about it said "There are only 4, this was shipped here from Detroit!" I don't know about that, but here it is:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looks pretty nice in person :)

Edited by thedriver

damn, chrysler has some really cheap ass interiors these days. I can understand the XTerra simplicity of it, but it looks overtly cost cut by the bean counters.

really, the Nitro is nothing but a 'hood' cruiser. Kind of an Xb on steroids. People rag on Jeep for the Compass, but honestly, this is just as useless.

I guess this just strikes me as Dodge's answer ot the Xterra, that someone in the marketing department said it should mainly appeal to those in the ghetto/hood.

Edited by regfootball

Guest YellowJacket894

I give that front air dam about a week before it falls off. And what's going on there with the box fitting so snug under the rear bumper marked "Caliber?"

Wonder if someone could melt down all the black plastic on the base Nitro and get a drum of crude oil?

Edited by YellowJacket894

Yeah, production started on Aug 15th, but this Nitro had been at the fair since the 10th. .

I like the look of it, but don't like ANY interiors at Dodge lately. I sat in a Tahoe at the fair as well, and the dash was great, but the door left me cold. This was a LT model, the door was one big chunk of dark charcoal Rubbermaid. I had expected some character lines, chrome or cloth or something, anything. Bleah.

<_< please note the crowd control measures that were in place to keep the throngs of would be buyers at bay...wow. The EPA could determine that thing to be an environmental hazzard should it ever be parked within 10 miles of an open flame. Seriously, are there any warnings on this truck to keep flame away?

The interior is blah, but this was a base model. What will they sell for?

Folks may rag on it, but at least you have two different engine options and as well as the option to shift-for-yourself on the 3.7L... Hate it all you want, but some car manufacturers put a 4 speed auto behind everything they can... at least with the Nitro you get some different powertrain choices.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't like the non painted bumpers, but with all the paint it looks pretty damn good. To the people saying that it's cheap and will fall off...that plastic is what every new car and SUV has under the paint, including the crappy `Nox. At least the Nitro will have powertrain choices...and the powertrains won't suck.