2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged Coupe

Yep, I finally got it. Here are the details:

It had the Red Tag to mark down the sticker price to $18,726. I bought it under the 72 month time period for the 6.9% financing. I put $3000 down and have a $308 monthly payment. The car had 45 miles on it, then I took a test drive (this is the second time I've looked at this same car). When I picked her up today she had 50 miles on her.

It's Rally Yellow with Ebony leather interior. I wanted the yellow interior also, but for the price I couldn't complain. Maybe one day I'll find some yellow suede and fill 'em in.

It's got a sunroof and XM radio on it. I'm pretty sure that's all the options, but all I really wanted was a sunroof and maybe the G85 package. Didn't matter if I got the G85 package though.

Anyway, all you really care about are the pics, so here they are:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Congrats man - nice car! Two of them have appeared in the student lot at the school I teach at. One is a black SS/SC and the other is a Maroon SS (not sure if it's SC'ed or not). This is in addition to the two other Cobalts - one '05 and the other '06 (one a sedan and the other a coupe). This is not counting the two or three Cobalts in the teacher's lot. Chevy seems to be doing good with the Cobalt!

What is in the G85 package anyway?

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

Sweet ride, man. Throw on some bottles of you and waste some ricers.

219573[/snapback]

you don't need nitrous to waste ricers in an SS/SC. Now there are certainly some legit racers out there that could take it, but your average ricer doesn't stand the slightest chance.

Congrats NOS! What was the MSRP (just want to know how much the Red Tag took off)?

BTW, what's up with the area in front of the headlight on the passenger side? It looks like the bumper doesn't fit correctly or something?

Wanna race? :P

GMCTGuy: the G85 package includes Recaro seats and LSD.

Dude... I mean... duuuude... You suck. :P

It's nice, even though you suck. The color sucks too, so it fits you. Oh and the front bumper definitely doesnt look like it fits correctly. Better check that out. But yeah... it's nice and you suck; What else is there to say? :D

219771[/snapback]

I can hear whining... and it's not the supercharger in NOS' Cobalt :P :AH-HA_wink: :lol:

Guys, that's not a gap between the headlight and the bumper cover. If you look at the top of the black area, you see a small reflection. That's just the dark headlight housing. Just the angle of the camera. In the full-on front shot, you see nice tight gaps on both sides.

I'd be more concerned about the strange people inside the car in the pics. Nos, did you notice that when you took the pictures? There are chicks in there! :huh:

I'd be more concerned about the strange people inside the car in the pics.  Nos, did you notice that when you took the pictures?  There are chicks in there! :huh:

219788[/snapback]

I was wondering about that too Ocn... there were none in my AURA when I took delivery last week (not counting the wife), so I figured it must be part of the Red Tag Sale (which started after I took delivery). :lol:

Guys, that's not a gap between the headlight and the bumper cover.  If you look at the top of the black area, you see a small reflection.  That's just the dark headlight housing.  Just the angle of the camera.  In the full-on front shot, you see nice tight gaps on both sides.

219788[/snapback]

No, it's not that. It's how the bumper in front of the passenger side headlight has a little "bubble" or buldge that sticks up right in front of the headlight. The driver's side looks fine...

I see what Northie's saying, but it's absolutely fine on the car itself, so IDK what happened there.

Thanks for all the comments, guys. This thing is great and teaching me to drive stick real quick :P

I'll give you some long terms in awhile if I remember. The car is great though; I love everything about it. Gas mileage is around 19-20 right now, but that's all just city driving and learning to drive stick, so I'm not the smoothest driver yet which does slightly affect my mileage.

Those girls are my mom and little sister, but the car does get a lot of looks. It's probably because of the bright color and big spoiler. :P

I built and priced one, and it came out at $27,000 or so on GM Canada's site...

I think I'm going to have to stick with my original plan, unless I find a used one in my parts... which isn't easy.

Oh well... once again, Nice Car. 8)

I saw a Cobalt in yellow yesterday and the pictures don't do it justice.

• 2 weeks later...

Weirdos...

*chuckles*

NOS ... I am happy for you on your new car, but sad that the Camaro will no longer be yours.....

Cort:33swm."Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

MCinfo.hobbies.RTs.pics.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"You have to try again" ... Janie Fricke ... 'You Don't Know Love'

CONGRATS! I love it, everything including the color!

Dude.... you did not care about the E85 package? :blink:

That's the most important option on this car... it makes

a huge differance in the ability to launch the car and

control acceleration. G85 is the ONLY option that I wanted

over a SS/SC. In a perfect world you'd be able to order a

COPO Cobalt, a stripped out base coupe with the blower,

manual trans and big wheels but no spoiler or "body kit"

and the G85 standard.

Eitehr way it sux you went FWD. :( Money aside in the end

I could NOT bring myself to make a fat car payment for a

FWD car. It's against who I am and everything I stand for,

if you can't be true to yuor principles what good are you?

I heard the G85 package had the Series III Ecotec.

Sweet ride, man. Throw on some bottles of you and waste some ricers.

219573[/snapback]

Por kid will never live that down. :P

Money aside in the end

I could NOT bring myself to make a fat car payment for a

FWD car. It's against who I am and everything I stand for,

if you can't be true to yuor principles what good are you?

Amen.

...which is why I'm having so much trouble trying to find a "winter beater" of sorts. I have a few options ... '87 El Camino, '82 Malibu, '87 Olds Cutlass, '88 MC LS, etc. ... but all of those are at least a day's drive away from me (if not longer) and tough this time of year to schedule a trip out of town for a weekend. On top of that, I really would like to have an '06 Charger ... but not sure I can actually swing the payments ... plus, not too keen on going back to a freekin' car payment.

ARG.

So hows the stick going? chirping the tires and stalling still?

just be glad its not clutch like back in the day. takes about 80 pounds of pressure to disengage it.

You still wont be able to beat my caprice tho. :rolleyes: at least not in the turns :lol:

Have fun with it! Its a beater not a classic, roast those tires Do well Reverse donuts.

Yeah, they said they'll pay for my gas next time I'm in there next and fill up my tank for free because the guy forgot to put any gas in the tank when I left the dealership with it for the first time. So I'll have them look at it then.

And, yes, I'm doing much better with the clutch. I don't drive around much here and most of my driving is highway so I'm not shifting into first much, so I only stall when I'm screwing around trying to hit the gas right when I let the clutch out at "the right second" and I hardly ever time it right lol. But I'm doing well with it.