CONCEPT: Chevrolet Volt

Flybrian

ew... the body looks far too big for everything except the wheels and the air vents in the front fascia... the grill should be larger... reach farther down the fascia maybe, the headlights are way to small... and the tallights may as well not be there...

easy fix... shrink the wheel size and lower the entire car... get rid of the excess space in the middle...

great idea otherwise... but design wise... not the best

Very nice. I hope this is a serious concept that will make production.

I also have a strong feeling this styling predicts the new Impala. The Impala will have traditional proportions on the Zeta platform, but this concept has "big car" and "luxury variation on Chevy theme" details all over it. The finer grille and headlight graphic, the sweep of the fender, the front wheel-to-cowl relationship, the hood lines and cowl treatment, the taillights with narrow chrome trim... I am out on this limb saying yes... we are seeing blatant clues into the style of the new senior Chevrolet.

Edited by ocnblu

The interior plastics are too hard. There needs to be more color on the inside. I'd suggest a rainbow sash across the dash. It better come with a 18 speed automatic or I wouldn't buy one. Can't they fit bigger wheels in those wells? There's no "T" on the hood. It's gotta be crap.

ew... the body looks far too big for everything except the wheels and the air vents in the front fascia... the grill should be larger... reach farther down the fascia maybe, the headlights are way to small... and the tallights may as well not be there...

easy fix... shrink the wheel size and lower the entire car... get rid of the excess space in the middle...

great idea otherwise... but design wise... not the best

No offense, but I'm glad you're not designing my next car. It does my heart good to finally see a car without headlights the size of Texas and tail lights the size of Alaska. Trim, precise, great lines and integration of form: what's not to love?

I'm really glad to see an alt. fuel/EV that doesn't look like a pile of $h! on a go-cart chassis (Prius).

I hope the Pridiots are feeling like the fools they are.

Very nice. I hope this is a serious concept that will make production.

I also have a strong feeling this styling predicts the new Impala. The Impala will have traditional proportions on the Zeta platform, but this concept has "big car" and "luxury variation on Chevy theme" details all over it. The finer grille and headlight graphic, the sweep of the fender, the front wheel-to-cowl relationship, the hood lines and cowl treatment, the taillights with narrow chrome trim... I am out on this limb saying yes... we are seeing blatant clues into the style of the new senior Chevrolet.

I hope you're right Ocn, the face of this car and its stance and proportions are near perfect. I could see them improving on a zeta-sized car easily. Looking at the tails, it is easy to imagine the design morphed into a "3 rectangle" Impala design. I like this car more with each view.

Front has a very slight resemblance to the Ford Edge, but overall it looks really nice. Stance reminds me of the Torana TT36. Not a fan of the name though, reminds me of the Voltz, which is in turn a Pontiac Vibe. Any interior shots, other than the cutaway?

Note to GM: build it, but if it has Sony batteries, I'm out of this. Dell and Apple had enough of those guys.

Eh... Some aspects of it are nice, but as a whole the design... to be blunt... sucks.

I like the front half of it the trunk shape and profile is werid. From a straight on back shot it is cool. This would kill the Prius I am glad GM is working on a very fuel efficent vehicle. Now I wanna see the new CTS, Grand Prix and Malibu in SS trims! Toyota is pissing there pants!

I like it. It proves being green does not mean you need to be ugly.

I just hope GM's work with the battery companies will give them the Ion cells they need to pull this off as a customer car.

Batteries has and still is the weak spot. They are never powerful or cheap enough. I willing to bet that may change soon and I am hoping GM is the one to break that wall down.

Quite underwhelming. Interesting use of greenhouse, but that's about it. Boring, doesn't come close to wowing me. Some guys here at C & G could do much better!

it took all of those people to design a plane looking car, while anyone on C & G could draw a much better yet interesting car. That goes for the new malibu as well. :nono:

I really don't know why we have so many haters on this blog. I think it's a fine-looking design for a concept. I'm sure there's going to be some tweaks, but that's the whole purpose of a "concept"! Think about it, a hybrid with that kind of fuel economy and STYLE?!?!?!?! What's not to love about that? I think GM and Chevrolet are on the right track with those cues to be the future of the line-up. I'd say build it sooner, but I don't want a rush to production and have a flop for quality.

To paraphase Vince Vaughan from Mr. and Mrs. Smith.... GM "I like where your head's at". :AH-HA_wink:

Not very impressed....

I can't help but think this has some details for the next Impala. The front clip, the design of the roof, just ignore the extra couple of inches of glass that extend down the side of the doors. Even the rear lights have a Camaro feel about it. This car can be a peak at future propulsion, but the next Impala as well. Without anyone noticing, GM threw this one out there to judge the Impala's styling, without announcing that it is in fact two concepts in one, Volt/Impala.

Either way, cool car for sure.

Edited by tosil