Jump to content

ANN COULTER


regfootball

Recommended Posts

cnn

what a trip she is.......man she has no clue

"I was going to have a few comments on the other Democratic presidential candidate, John Edwards, but it turns out that you have to go into rehab if you use the word 'faggot,' so I'm - so, kind of at an impasse, can't really talk about Edwards, so I think I'll just conclude here and take your questions," said Coulter, whose comment was followed by applause.

She added, "I don't know why all gays aren't Republican. I think we have the pro-gay positions, which is anti-crime and for tax cuts. Gays make a lot of money and they're victims of crime. No, they are! They should be with us."

Edited by regfootball
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Sunday morning, I was watching abc's 'This Week' and during the roundtable discussion George Stephanopoulos asked George Will some question and mentioned Ann Coulter. I can't say for sure because I wasn't recording it so I couldn't go back and listen to it again, but I swear George Will said 'The less said about him, the better'. Now if he did say 'him', I'm sure it was a slip of the tongue, but it still made me laugh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK, I'm gonna show my selective pop culture ignorance...head buried in books too much lately.

Who exactly is Ann Coulter and where did she come from? I mean, background or credentials that would give her some serious credibility? Seriously. I mean, I know Stern, Limbaugh, Tom Leykus, Savage, Allred, Nancy Grace and a few others, but who is this chick?

She is definitely hard on the eyes and seems to have a barbed tongue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some people wonder if Coulter is really a hardcore liberal who attacks rightism through preaching the most extreme right $h! she can dream up.

What makes her extreme right?

Not to pick your post apart Croc, I am a Christian conservative, whose views most would consider 'extreme right.' Yet, I find in Ann Coulter, little to like, and little to agree with.

Why do the majority of progressive thinkers, associate with Conservatism, shrill neoconservative GOP rabble-rouser talking heads, like Coulter, Limbaugh, and Hannity?

Why is not the standard of conservatism judged on intellectual conservatives, like Dr. Paul Craig Roberts? True conservatives find more in common with Ralph Nader, than they do in G.W. Bush.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What makes her extreme right?

Not to pick your post apart Croc, I am a Christian conservative, whose views most would consider 'extreme right.' Yet, I find in Ann Coulter, little to like, and little to agree with.

Why do the majority of progressive thinkers, associate with Conservatism, shrill neoconservative GOP rabble-rouser talking heads, like Coulter, Limbaugh, and Hannity?

Why is not the standard of conservatism judged on intellectual conservatives, like Dr. Paul Craig Roberts? True conservatives find more in common with Ralph Nader, than they do in G.W. Bush.

Because Christian Conservatives voted in mass for GOP candidates. Beause they allowed the GOP to prioritize prejudice before common sense and common good, that's why. Don't ask us "progressive thinkers", ask yourself.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bob, check wikipedia.

Ok, I did. She may be caustic and, if that whole part in the middle about adhering to Christianity is true, then she certainly doesn't exemplify it through her venom.

In terms of ability, her credentials are faultless: Cornell undergrad, then Michigan Law and plus, she was on "law review." That means she was at the top of her class in a top 5 law school. Good Gawd. I guess a Connecticut upbringing didn't hurt, either.

Oh, in terms of how female she is, she probably is true-to-form. She was a "Delta Gamma" and DG supposedly stands for dick grabber...unless it was a vibrator or a dildo. Chuckle, chuckle.

I'll have to listen to her live sometime to get the full effect of the delivery now that I know more about her. I am sure I won't like her, but it will be interesting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

According to some estimates, 33% of Evangelicals sat the 2004 election out. And of the remaining 67% who voted, many did not vote the GOP ticket.

How many?

If Evangelicals so favored the Republican Party, then the Dems wouldn't have swept 2006.

The ones with some decency left (like you) realized what they had been doing.

Since I find little in common with the Grand Old Party, there's really nothing for me to discuss with 'myself.'

Ask in your church.

I am done with this line of discussion . . . remember rule #2 above. We have more than broken it. I was just honestly asking you question.

Edited by SobeSVT
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't ask us "progressive thinkers", ask yourself.

According to some estimates, 33% of Evangelicals sat the 2004 election out. And of the remaining 67% who voted, a fair number did not vote the GOP ticket. On the other hand, I know a good deal of moderate New Yorkers who swung right in 2004, out of fear in a 'post 9/11 world.'

Since I find little in common with the Grand Old Party, there's really nothing for me to discuss with 'myself.'

Link to comment
Share on other sites

According to some estimates, 33% of Evangelicals sat the 2004 election out. And of the remaining 67% who voted, many did not vote the GOP ticket.

How many?

If Evangelicals so favored the Republican Party, then the Dems wouldn't have swept 2006.

The ones with some decency left (like you) realized what they had been doing.

Since I find little in common with the Grand Old Party, there's really nothing for me to discuss with 'myself.'

Ask in your church.

I am done with this line of discussion . . . remember rule #2 above. We have more than broken it. I was just honestly asking you question.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's Conservative and then there 'wacko.'

There's Liberal and then there's 'nutjob.'

If Adolf Hitler heard Anne Coulter speak, he'd likely tell the dude next to him, 'She... needs... to... get laid... big time...

Mussolini would likely say, 'The B*tch is wack!'

Oliver Cromwell would have her tied to a stake and burnt, for her soul has been infested by the Devil.

Coulter is messed up, and I'm one of many Conservatives who would love nothing more than to see her hit by a bus.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How many?

I wish I could give you absolute numbers, but I can't. For the same reason, asking members in my church won't help - for there are those who agree with me, and those who do not.

Those who agree with me, often do so on a factual basis; there's no disagreement. Yet those who disagree with me, often do so by using emotional arguments. You can't argue someone (nor is it worthwhile), when they use emotion to defend their positions.

The ones with some decency left (like you) realized what they had been doing.

Whether it was intended or not, the compliment is appreciated :). Even so, in the quest for honest debate, I have found that there's always a faction within *every* group, that uses emotion to support their opinions, be they Christian or otherwise.

Getting back to political philosophy, as true conservatives know, the 'far Right' is anything but Hannity, Coulter, and Limbaugh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

×
×
  • Create New...