Announced: Lexus LX570

Announced: Lexus LX570

March 13, 2007 – Torrance, Calif. - Lexus will stage the world debut of the all-new LX 570 luxury utility vehicle at a press conference during the 2007 New York International Auto Show.

The third-generation LX 570 will reach new heights in performance via a powerful new V8 engine while achieving elevated levels of comfort, style and safety.

The Lexus LX 570 press conference is scheduled for April 4 at 1:55 p.m. EDT in the Special Events Hall at the Jacob Javits Convention Center. It will be simulcast in the Lexus display area on the show floor. A video clip of the press conference will be available via www.Lexus.com and http://pressroom.lexus.com following the event.

[source: Toyota Motor Sales]

I didn't really read the title and thought it said LS570 and that would mean that Toyota would have stuck the Big 5.7 truck engine into a large lux sedan. I do wonder what kind of power they could get outta it with a different tune. I thought Toyota was going to make a muscle sedan, oh well I should have known better. :pokeowned:

Someone should email Al Gore about this and see if we get a response.

Don't expect a quick reply, however. He's busy spreading awareness about the most dangerous thing to all mankind...

...ManBearPig.

Posted Image

Email him and watch him try to explain away his 50,000 sq-ft TN home that uses $3,000 in utility bills a month.

The Toyota Landcruiser and Lexus LX-470, are a few of the classic good looking vehilces that Toyota hasn't screwed-up yet. I even like the new re-vamped inteior like in 2002ish and have loved them ever since. I have even said give me an LX-470 over an Escalade. They will prolly find a way to screw this one up.

The Toyota Landcruiser and Lexus LX-470, are a few of the classic good looking vehilces that Toyota hasn't screwed-up yet. I even like the new re-vamped inteior like in 2002ish and have loved them ever since. I have even said give me an LX-470 over an Escalade. They will prolly find a way to screw this one up.

With L-Finesse. :rolleyes:

The only people who buy these are stupid Americans and African warlords.

African warlords have to buy Toyotas. About the best that can be said is that it's more popular than the Mercedes G-Class. Ford sells three times as many Range Rovers, and even Infiniti can sell twice as many of the butt-ugly QX56.

Just a guess based off of new LX470 mpg which will supposedly drop to 12/15. Considering the larger engine and heavier weight of an LX570, a drop to 11/14 would probably be about right.

So it's mileage will be competitive with the Escalade, it sounds like?

but what if they use the 8-speed auto they have? :lol:

That actually raises an interesting question - is Lexus going to treat the new LX as its own special model, worthy of unique refinements and features like the GL or Escalade or is it simply going to be a cheap and dirty rebadge of the Land Cruiser?

I would really think Toyota would be better off moving the next Sequoia off the truck frame to a fullsize crossover platform and sharing some underpinnings with a real refined LX. This way, you eliminate the Sequoia (which no one will miss anyway), replacing it with a relevent vehicle and give Lexus something worth a damn in the segment.

That actually raises an interesting question - is Lexus going to treat the new LX as its own special model, worthy of unique refinements and features like the GL or Escalade or is it simply going to be a cheap and dirty rebadge of the Land Cruiser?

I would really think Toyota would be better off moving the next Sequoia off the truck frame to a fullsize crossover platform and sharing some underpinnings with a real refined LX. This way, you eliminate the Sequoia (which no one will miss anyway), replacing it with a relevent vehicle and give Lexus something worth a damn in the segment.

totally,

i was saying it in response to the mileage est. though :AH-HA_wink:

"Lexus is raising the bar for this that and the other thing...blah, blah, blah."

I don't care about new engines or features in Lexuses. The only thing that would impress me about a Lexus from here on on out is whether or not it looks exactly the same as every other Lexus model. I'm sick of hearing about this brand, I'm sick of people blowing their loads over this brand and I'm sick of seeing so many on the roads. They're completely unimpressive.

God what I would give to see Buick get its $h! together, come out of nowhere and f@#king blindside Lexus.

Email him and watch him try to explain away his 50,000 sq-ft TN home that uses $3,000 in utility bills a month.

LOL I knew that was coming... :P

The LX570 is not a shocking concept.