Spied: 2010 Hyundai Tiburon

These are the first spy photos of what looks like the 2010 Hyundai Tiburon. Expected to use Hyundai's new rear wheel drive platform, this redesigned coupe will take many of its styling cues from the HCD8 concept shown several years ago.

Although this engine shot is clear, it's not obvious what this test mule is packing under the hood. Speculation on the Hyundaiexchange forums points to an SAE paper written by several Hyundai engineers in which they tout the efficiencies of a new turbocharged, direct injection 2.0-liter. Although that makes for some interesting possibilities, the real question is whether this coupe will offer the same V8 slated for the upcoming Hyundai Genesis sedan

Straightline

If it looks anything like the chop that is somewhere on this forum then I'll stay far away from the new Tiburon.

Edit: spelling.

It likely won't. The chop was the FWD Pontiac G6 coupe. This will be RWD and should share lines and cues from the HDC8 concept, I think that is the one, mentioned in the article.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Coool. Even if I will never buy it if a car goes Wrong wheel drive to RWD it's a good thing.

Makes the world 0.0001% better!

• 3 months later...

Posted Image

I am sure most of you have seen this by now. This is the pic that Road & Track magazine have put in their November issue. I have already posted this on my new, car site, but just wanted to share the pic here too since nobody here posted the pic.

Honestly, I prefer the current Tiburon in looks, since to me, it looks pretty generic for a sports car, even though people say, sports cars all tend to look alike, but this new design does not break any new ground and lacks the unique personality that the current Tiburons have in my opinion. The magazine also saids that there is a posibility that Hyundai will throw in the V8 engine that is to be used on the Genesis sedan into the Tiburon as well, but I don't think the chance of that happening is that good.

Edited by Diehard GrandPrix Fan

Well, I don't like it, even though there are rumors, and Road & Track magazine have stated that there is a possiblily for the Turbo 4 may get in there, I just don't like the new style. Never have when it comes to my native lands cars. I always considerred Tiburons as shame to call it anything sporty since there are far better looking sportsters at around same price. About the only Korean SPORTS car that I proudly can decare as KOREAN SPORTS CAR is limited to the young company in Korea called Proto Motors who makes the Spirra using Mustang's V8 engine. That's all. I sure hope Hyundai seriously re-styles this little coupe before they even think about producing it for sale.

looks interesting, interior vastly improved... just waiting for them to shove an 8 in the thing and make it a competitor. I at least hope they are way past the 172 horse 6 they put in it. as long as its near 250ish on the horse i think it will do fine.

Well, another thing is, it's tail-light as far as we can tell so far(well, I've seen the spy photo that is coverred, I am not sure if anyone posted here, that I've seen from Tiburon fan site), looks to be an exact copy of Infinity G35. Well, a bit shorter but, which is just bad. No originallity....

Well, as for power, they are saying that it will have around 230 or so HP, I am sure it's only a rumor now but.

looks interesting, interior vastly improved... just waiting for them to shove an 8 in the thing and make it a competitor. I at least hope they are way past the 172 horse 6 they put in it. as long as its near 250ish on the horse i think it will do fine.

I dont think it necessarily has to pull stumps out the ground (though that would be nice at the right price).

As long as it's got pep (read: more then enough power to get out of its own way), proper handling, and doesn't cost a billion dollars, it's worth a run....and should prove to make a little cult following.

Well, they are also saying the car will be substantially larger in dimention, so they would be battling the size of the cars in league of Ford Mustangs rather than do Mitsu Eclipse league. Well, it will be interesting if anyone will buy this new coupe, since to me, I still think the current generation looks more unique and have its own personality, though derivative in style.

Sorry for the double posting(well, I haven't posted in this thread for few days) but I just found the video clip of the unveiling of the Genesis coupe/Tiburon/Tuscany(Whichever you want to call it) over in Youtube.

I actually found this clip from the newtiburon.com first, where I am also a member of(which I have 0 posts) and I searched for it in Youtube, and found it. This is for the upcomming Genesis/Tiburon/tuscany(whichever you want to call it) revealed at LA Auto Show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J31P1NNw8M8&rel=1

Creidt goes to: HMAUSA for uploading the vid.

On another note, I know it's off-topic, but I think this Kia is rumorred to be the Kia version based on this new coupe. Called the Kee. I think it's only a rumor. I am sure most of you have seen it already but.

Posted Image