DetroitNut90

Spied: 2010 Hyundai Tiburon

36 posts in this topic

These are the first spy photos of what looks like the 2010 Hyundai Tiburon. Expected to use Hyundai's new rear wheel drive platform, this redesigned coupe will take many of its styling cues from the HCD8 concept shown several years ago.

Although this engine shot is clear, it's not obvious what this test mule is packing under the hood. Speculation on the Hyundaiexchange forums points to an SAE paper written by several Hyundai engineers in which they tout the efficiencies of a new turbocharged, direct injection 2.0-liter. Although that makes for some interesting possibilities, the real question is whether this coupe will offer the same V8 slated for the upcoming Hyundai Genesis sedan

Straightline

Hmmm.... I wouldn't have though Hyundai would be working on a 4 cylinder varient for this car. But that surely is a turbo 4 in the bay. The profile doesn't look bad either.

Actually looks like it will be a decent looking car. I would still personally prefer an RX-8 however.

Chris

It looks pretty nice, I've always kinda liked the Tiburon, but that doesn't look like a quadruple hampster engine to me, it looks larger, although that doesn't mean anything.

It has a nice profile and from the interior shot it looks too have a sweet design...I like what I see so far.

Edited by Dodgefan

Looks like they stole the Civic's steering wheel.

Wow, the profile looks pretty good. The interior looks like the new CTS.

Wow, the profile looks pretty good. The interior looks like the new CTS.

Exactly what I thought!

Hopefully they nail the exterior. I like some of the details in the chop floating around, but I dislike that grille a lot.

If it looks anything like the chop that is somewhere on this forum then I'll stay far away from the new Tiburon.

Edit: spelling.

Edited by sciguy_0504

If it looks anything like the chop that is somewhere on this forum then I'll stay far away from the new Tiburon.

Edit: spelling.

It likely won't. The chop was the FWD Pontiac G6 coupe. This will be RWD and should share lines and cues from the HDC8 concept, I think that is the one, mentioned in the article.

Coming together nicely. The interior has a bit of a "Something Mazda would do" look to it.

That's pretty nice. I can't help but think that shape would make a great Pontiac.

Coming together nicely.

Hyundai is definitely coming of age. I am curious as to where they'll be in 10 or 15 years.

Coool. Even if I will never buy it if a car goes Wrong wheel drive to RWD it's a good thing.

Makes the world 0.0001% better!

They've got the overall shape right, if they can get the light shapes and fascias right this'll be one good looking coupe.

Looks like Hyundai might have a better-looking G37 on their hands. :scratchchin:

I'm curious to see what the front and rear fascias look like.

People may choose to dis it or ignore it because it's a Hyundai, but it looks to be rough and ready. Can't wait to hear how it drives.

Posted Image

I am sure most of you have seen this by now. This is the pic that Road & Track magazine have put in their November issue. I have already posted this on my new, car site, but just wanted to share the pic here too since nobody here posted the pic.

Honestly, I prefer the current Tiburon in looks, since to me, it looks pretty generic for a sports car, even though people say, sports cars all tend to look alike, but this new design does not break any new ground and lacks the unique personality that the current Tiburons have in my opinion. The magazine also saids that there is a posibility that Hyundai will throw in the V8 engine that is to be used on the Genesis sedan into the Tiburon as well, but I don't think the chance of that happening is that good.

Edited by Diehard GrandPrix Fan

I may be the only one, but I see alot of Lexus IS in that front end.

I may be the only one, but I see alot of Lexus IS in that front end.

You'd think Hyundai broke in a Lexus fctory and stole a ton of front clips...

But it does look the business....