Flybrian

New Scion xB, xD pictures

50 posts in this topic

Just saw one on Rt.495 like 3 hours ago.

Gross.

Digital speedometers are teh suxors!

oh

this is a Toyota?

Digital speedometers RAWK!

Thing is, when everyone else does a digital speedo, it looks like it belongs there. When Toyota does it here, it looks like some crap unit from a Lumina 9C3.

Honda does teh digital speedo much better. That one light in back is retarded (of course not auto rag pokes fun of or even mentions it), and that dash plastic looks like it's the same texture as the Caliber's...but it's not cheap because it's a Toyota.

This is to the original xB what the MustangII was to the original Mustang. I own an xB (first gen) and don't like the second gen. At all.

Chris

The rear of the XB actually looks a lot like that of the Infiniti QX56.

My friends just got one. The XB's interior is good. The rear seat is a lil flat for long rides, and the high beltline and seatbacks makes it feel cramped, but look larger. But the interior is well packaged and I was never upset about legroom. There are storage areas UNDER the seats and the cupholders on the door sills are handy. And the door handles are the coolest I've ever seen on a car (I'm not very cultured). I was ready to write it off cuz of the outside, but the interior is great, kinda like the Edge(don't kill me)!

Edited by dimitri0917

Once more, the texturing on the dash looks the same as the stuff on the Caliber's dash. But does anybody bitch about it? No, `cuz it's a Toyota! So it must be good.

1st xB was "interesting" and original. The new one is "been there, done that" but uglier at the same time. xD is the next xA = Dead on arrival. Offers nothing that Honda, Suzuki, and even Toyota don't already have.

Edited by Cadillacfan

xB looks an awful lot like the Groove..

Or the other way around...which is why I liked the Trax so much better.

Talk about redundant product though... why the f*** do BOTH these models exist?

Is there even a differance besides styling and 2" of wheelbase length?

That light in the bumper looks like a Zit on Ass, full of puss.

Cool cars to me....

Let it be a Ford or Chrysler however, and the public praise becomes "What were they thinking?"

Part of the people saying that would be the crowd who wants the Americans making nothing but musclecars with pushrod V-8s and dragstrip-ready live axles.

And Autoextremist of course would call it an "answer to a question no one was asking...."

But since it's Toyota's baby, it walks on water.

That being said, but for the political and economic factors, I'd drive one without guilt.

WTF? GM fanboys just h8 to admit that toyota can make something OK. The XB and XD are OK. There are problems, but they're OK.

If GM made the groove like this with as good quality, I still wouldn't like it. Why? B/c it'd be too much like XA or XD. It's not that Toyota can do no wrong, It's that GM consistently finds themselves either behind the ball or dropping it completely.

They're gonna be 4 years behind Mustang with Camaro. They were 15 years behind Miata with the Kappas, 15 years behind Civic and Corolla growing up with a competent Cobalt. And even with Aveo/HHR, GM is going to come unfashionably late with a competiitve car to the XA and XD's party. :stupid:

I think the xD looks ok actually. The interior thankfully doesn't have the center mounted gauges. The new xB however...yeah and I thought the first one was bad, the 2nd gen is worse.

I think the xD looks ok actually. The interior thankfully doesn't have the center mounted gauges. The new xB however...yeah and I thought the first one was bad, the 2nd gen is worse.

I sorta like the xD, expect the line which is a punchline for every internet savvy person..I'm surprised no auto rag made a crack...actually, It's a Toyota so I'm not surprised. The only other issue I take with it is the weird protrusion of the lower fascia that's supposed to resemble a bumper.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room