New Scion xB, xD pictures

Flybrian

Just saw one on Rt.495 like 3 hours ago.

Gross.

Digital speedometers are teh suxors!

oh

this is a Toyota?

Digital speedometers RAWK!

Thing is, when everyone else does a digital speedo, it looks like it belongs there. When Toyota does it here, it looks like some crap unit from a Lumina 9C3.

Honda does teh digital speedo much better. That one light in back is retarded (of course not auto rag pokes fun of or even mentions it), and that dash plastic looks like it's the same texture as the Caliber's...but it's not cheap because it's a Toyota.

My friends just got one. The XB's interior is good. The rear seat is a lil flat for long rides, and the high beltline and seatbacks makes it feel cramped, but look larger. But the interior is well packaged and I was never upset about legroom. There are storage areas UNDER the seats and the cupholders on the door sills are handy. And the door handles are the coolest I've ever seen on a car (I'm not very cultured). I was ready to write it off cuz of the outside, but the interior is great, kinda like the Edge(don't kill me)!

Edited by dimitri0917

1st xB was "interesting" and original. The new one is "been there, done that" but uglier at the same time. xD is the next xA = Dead on arrival. Offers nothing that Honda, Suzuki, and even Toyota don't already have.

Edited by Cadillacfan

Talk about redundant product though... why the f*** do BOTH these models exist?

Is there even a differance besides styling and 2" of wheelbase length?

Cool cars to me....

Let it be a Ford or Chrysler however, and the public praise becomes "What were they thinking?"

Part of the people saying that would be the crowd who wants the Americans making nothing but musclecars with pushrod V-8s and dragstrip-ready live axles.

And Autoextremist of course would call it an "answer to a question no one was asking...."

But since it's Toyota's baby, it walks on water.

That being said, but for the political and economic factors, I'd drive one without guilt.

WTF? GM fanboys just h8 to admit that toyota can make something OK. The XB and XD are OK. There are problems, but they're OK.

If GM made the groove like this with as good quality, I still wouldn't like it. Why? B/c it'd be too much like XA or XD. It's not that Toyota can do no wrong, It's that GM consistently finds themselves either behind the ball or dropping it completely.

They're gonna be 4 years behind Mustang with Camaro. They were 15 years behind Miata with the Kappas, 15 years behind Civic and Corolla growing up with a competent Cobalt. And even with Aveo/HHR, GM is going to come unfashionably late with a competiitve car to the XA and XD's party. :stupid:

I think the xD looks ok actually. The interior thankfully doesn't have the center mounted gauges. The new xB however...yeah and I thought the first one was bad, the 2nd gen is worse.

I sorta like the xD, expect the line which is a punchline for every internet savvy person..I'm surprised no auto rag made a crack...actually, It's a Toyota so I'm not surprised. The only other issue I take with it is the weird protrusion of the lower fascia that's supposed to resemble a bumper.

Man oh man, I would hate to be seen in one of those things. I don't even like standing near Scions, lest someone mistake me for the owner.

There's not many Scions where I live, but whenever I see one I'm always forced to wonder if the driver is brain-damaged for thinking it a worthy purchase.

I sorta like the xD, expect the line which is a punchline for every internet savvy person..I'm surprised no auto rag made a crack...actually, It's a Toyota so I'm not surprised. The only other issue I take with it is the weird protrusion of the lower fascia that's supposed to resemble a bumper.

Yeah I'm also shocked that no one has made a joke of the xD name yet. Curious though, I was looking through the pics for the xD and noticed the Toyota logo on the engine cover, do all Scions have the big T logo underneath the hood? My friend has a tC but I can't recall what his engine cover had.

The xD is certainly the better of the two, interior wise. The xB's interior is horribly designed and cheap looking no matter how you slice it. Exterior wise, both of them aren't exactly stunningly beautiful. Stunningly ugly, I would say so. The xB has a slight edge in styling... has a sort of funky look to it, minus the huge front bumper and odd single reverse light.

I saw a new xB at Circuit City yesterday and when I saw the one reverse light I seriously said WTF out loud....at which point I began laughing hysterically for about 5 minutes....that 4:45 longer than the car was there....afte rit backed up it left...I was still laughing though...finally I shook my head and then realized I will soon be seeing these things with decals and neon underbody lights..... :nono:

I will have to give the original xB some credit because it was more original. Toyota would've been better off exporting on of their domestic offerings rather than this bloated mess that wasn't all that great four years ago when it was called the Volkswagen Golf.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Toyota- moving to GM's 90's parts bin

What the hell is with the single reverse light? That along with the steering wheel in the new Tundra with it's one side only controls has to rank with the dumbest design gaffes in recent history. No wait the original xBox takes that honor.

I'm apparently alone in this line of thinking, but I prefer the exterior design of the new xB to the old model.

I don't really care about the interior, though, since I don't plan on ever sitting in one.

And the XD will forever be a joke to Internet savvy Americans coast-to-coast.

WTF? GM fanboys just h8 to admit that toyota can make something OK. . . . It's not that Toyota can do no wrong,

Are you sure about that? You listen to the media enough, you'd think shells from a tank couldn't stop the average Toyota sold to consumers.

It's that GM consistently finds themselves either behind the ball or dropping it completely.

They're gonna be 4 years behind Mustang with Camaro. They were 15 years behind Miata with the Kappas

Big deal. GM was 2-1/2 years behind the Mustang with the original Camaro and Firebird, and Mustang was 2 behind the Barracuda.

And before the Kappas, there was no "there" in that segment for 5-8 years (not counting S2000 and Z3/Z4. Different price point, different animal). Surely GM's interest was more in making an interesting Pontiac, regardless of the Miata's existence by that point.

You want a car that aimed to step to the Miata, look at the MR2 Spyder and how it did nothing in the market.

And the XD will forever be a joke to Internet savvy Americans coast-to-coast.

I dunno, it could actually attract even more g@m3Rz, especially if Toyota advertises it in an appropriate manner. Hell, perhaps some day, the term, LAWLSCIONXDZOR, will join the terms, LOL, LMAO, ROFLCOPTER, LOLERSKATES, ROFLMAO and ZOMGWTFROFLMAOBBQ as part of the ever enigmatic language of 1337speak. :P

new Xb weighs 600 pounds more. HOW WILL TOYOTA explain this to the ecoweenies? And people rip the Vue and Acadia for being porky.

image all the extra fuel sucking and all the extra Co2?

the Xb and Xd don't have real impressive fuel economy ratings.

Edited by regfootball

new Xb weighs 600 pounds more. HOW WILL TOYOTA explain this to the ecoweenies? And people rip the Vue and Acadia for being porky.

image all the extra fuel sucking and all the extra Co2?

the Xb and Xd don't have real impressive fuel economy ratings.

None of the reviewers have mentioned it.

Exactly...if it makes you feel any better my wife loves our xB, but right now she is lusting after an HHR. Which in a lot of ways is a better vehicle-smoother ride, better highway manners, cool retro styling, Onstar, etc.

While I own a Scion I like the direction that Saturn is taking much better than Scion. Saturn has allowed itself to be re-defined because the market has been re-defined. Scion meanwhile has painted itself into a corner as a "youth market" brand.

If I was to be asked which was goping to be around as a car company in fifteen years I would put money on Saturn being here and Scion being gone,

Chris

• 8 months later...

LOL.. Love this line: "the door panels are now harder than a trigonometry quiz". But the xB has its own appeal and you can ask people lining up for the xB why they find it hard not to resist this box.

I read some time ago that Scion asked their consumers what they want and the answer is a bigger box. So, they're just giving their consumers what they want. The changes highlighted in the posted article though shows that some changes made to the xB were not for the better. At least they still have those reliable auto body parts Toyota has been known for.