Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

A couple of members I miss having around the site

I remember when he felt GM cars should be like this:

Posted Image

He loved this picture..

If you don't like that, something is wrong with you! (Not you, 98). However, they didn't check the box for color-keyed belts...what an eyesore without them. :lol:

Edit - other fixes:

coupe format

nicer color combo

whitewalls

Rallye II wheels

Hood ornament

Edited by trinacriabob

There was a guy named something like STS_POS that was trolling here a while back. I believe he would be filed under the "I don't miss" section.

I kinda miss BaddaBing. He wasn't fervently anti-GM, but rather had very legitimate reasons for not wanting to buy GM anymore. At any rate, posters that aren't GM fans tend to have a short stay here. That's a shame, because we get plenty of good counterpoints from the likes of Siegen, Toyoguy, BrewSwills, etc.

Well, I know Razor ruffled plenty of feathers, but I enjoyed his perspective as well as talking music with him.

Razor is cool and a lot less intense in person. I had dinner with him while transiting from Montreal down into NY state to visit relatives. I told him to intercept me somewhere along I-87 and I would buy dinner. He brought his new Pontiac G6 coupe.

Razor is cool and a lot less intense in person. I had dinner with him while transiting from Montreal down into NY state to visit relatives. I told him to intercept me somewhere along I-87 and I would buy dinner. He brought his new Pontiac G6 coupe.

If you are in touch with him, tell him that I said "Hello".

Is he the one from France that felt GM cars should be like they were in the 1970's and more? I liked him because he was different. I remember when he felt GM cars should be like this:

Posted Image

He loved this picture..

Yes, it's a full-sized Poncho...

and it's RWD

and it's V8 powered

but no one mentioned that gorgeous pillarless greenhouse!

I love 4dr hardtops. This is the LeSabre's evil twin.

Yes, it's a full-sized Poncho...

and it's RWD

and it's V8 powered

but no one mentioned that gorgeous pillarless greenhouse!

I love 4dr hardtops. This is the LeSabre's evil twin.

I noticed it. I was wondering when you were going to say something. I put that up knowing you would say that too. :thumbsup:

That is a beautiful Bonneville. The blackwalls and vaned wheelcovers suit it perfectly. The lack of a hood ornament only makes it more of a Pontiac. God I'd love to find a clone of my old '73 Catalina... :)

The blackwalls and vaned wheelcovers suit it perfectly. The lack of a hood ornament only makes it more of a Pontiac. :)

Disagree. Only Pontiac could pull off full size looks with rallye wheels and it would look good. It would not have worked for the equivalent years of Olds and Buick.

Croc, Evok, AH-HA, Capriceman (we used to chat ALOT) and FOG.....damn bastard never answers him AIM anymore :P

LOL.

Well, I finally upgraded to AIM 6.0 the other day which has done nothing but eff up my laptop and since I'm home for the summer only for a few months I'm on dial up, so tht explains the AIM absence.

Can't wait 'til August though; welcome back CABLE INTERNET! Oh, how I've missed thee...

LOL.

Well, I finally upgraded to AIM 6.0 the other day which has done nothing but eff up my laptop and since I'm home for the summer only for a few months I'm on dial up, so tht explains the AIM absence.

Can't wait 'til August though; welcome back CABLE INTERNET! Oh, how I've missed thee...

Doesn't explain why you wouldn't answer when you were on :AH-HA_wink:

3 Meg cable internet FTW!!!

I really miss Charger4U. I loved when he posted pictures of himself.

Yeah.... where u been?

Hey I could have that too if I lived a few miles north of me in Keller. They actually started the pilot program for FiOs I believe, they even offer 30 meg service in some markets.

Yeah, we can get 30 meg here, but your bill more than doubles in price with it...not too cheap.

Yeah.... where u been?

Ive been working alot. And MT Biking and Dirt Biking.

Please...don't encourage him. :lol: He needs little encouragement.

I misunderstandino what u mean Mr Bobino. Dimo Arigato, Mr. Bobino, dimo...dimo

Mightymouse

and Razoredge

MM checking in. Still kicking ! ...The Malibu is running strong -I have been flogging it like its stolen all summer.

Nice of you to miss me. Thanks. I would try to keep in touch more often, but sometimes I feel like I've got brain damage amage amage amage

from working my ass off all the time.

Posted Image

still not done but I like it that way ...the structure is the trim, and the trim is the structure

more to come.

...The Malibu is running strong -I have been flogging it like its stolen all summer.

Sweet!

And, wowa ... is that a new/different dashboard in your Malibu, mm? Lookin' sweet!

If I make it up to Detroit this year in August, hopefully I'll be able to meet up with you again.

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Things have changed since you've been gone" ... Pam Tillis ... 'Land Of The Living'

MM checking in. Still kicking ! ...The Malibu is running strong -I have been flogging it like its stolen all summer.

Nice of you to miss me. Thanks. I would try to keep in touch more often, but sometimes I feel like I've got brain damage amage amage amage

Posted Image

still not done but I like it that way ...the structure is the trim, and the trim is the structure

more to come.

Wow! Love what you've done with the interior.

Posted Image

more to come.

Sweet! :thumbsup:

Thanks everybody... Nice. Here are some others, and I added twin electric fans w/more cool aluminum fabrication (my own work)

I will take some more detailed pics as I finish the trim........ I also put in a floor shift. I like it better than any car I've had.

Posted Image

Posted Image

check out the fuel gauge. three wires- easy. I cut a defroster grille and put in black wire mesh but never hooked up a blower

motor because I really like how light shines thru it now.

Posted Image

nice lighting -this was as a spaceship landed lol

Edited by mightymouse

Guest YellowJacket894

Sweet dash, Mouse. I can see ideas taken from pretty much every sketch Intimidator, A_Rev, me, and a few others submitted to you. Very nice. :thumbsup:

Wow, mightymouse ... really love what you have done to your Malibu!

Hope to see it in person later this year :).

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I saw an old Malibu" ... Doug Stone ... 'I Thought It Was You'

• 4 years later...

Posts here anymore.

Because 1) GM has lost a lot of fans 2) Because the industry is nowhere NEAR as exciting as it was even 2 years ago 3) Because forums aren't the only form of social media anymore 4) Because the insiders are gone AND MOST IMPORTANTLY 5) because there is hardly any news ever posted here....

I do know one thing; with CZ28 being bought out and GMI transitioning to their TERRIBLE new software, Cheers and Gears is better positioned for a comeback now than ever! Drew could REALLY seize the day and offer a 'home grown' board for discussion. The layout here is FANTASTIC, all the site needs is content.

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

Posts here anymore.

Because 1) GM has lost a lot of fans 2) Because the industry is nowhere NEAR as exciting as it was even 2 years ago 3) Because forums aren't the only form of social media anymore 4) Because the insiders are gone AND MOST IMPORTANTLY 5) because there is hardly any news ever posted here....

I do know one thing; with CZ28 being bought out and GMI transitioning to their TERRIBLE new software, Cheers and Gears is better positioned for a comeback now than ever! Drew could REALLY seize the day and offer a 'home grown' board for discussion. The layout here is FANTASTIC, all the site needs is content.

I think MudMonster would be pretty offended by you saying there is no news posted here anymore. Have you looked at the front page lately?

I miss Newsfeeder. He was a swell guy.

I thought Newsfeeder was a auto posting feed bot.

Newsfeeder was an RSS feed from other sources.