New Buick Super Images

Flybrian

They should have called the Lucerne the ULTRA and the MORE POWERFULLY INCREASED LaCrosse the SUPER! Let the NAMES FIT THE CARS!! With 340+HP the Lucerne could have been called SUPER but it being (((FWD))) that was NOT POSSIBLE so ULTRA it should have been!

I think that the LaCrosse Super is the better-looking of the two.

If it were the CXS models, I'd be crazy to agree, but the LaCrosse Super really does not look that bad, especially from the rear. Overall, it doesn't say "Buick" much and still has Taurus overtones, but the Lucerne Super is just so pathetic looking, IMO.

I have to say that the LaCrosse looks very good. The new grill goes well with the round head lamps. I'm glad they kept the round head lamps.

This is the first time I have ever seen any high quality pictures of the dark brown paint job. If Buick uses the same colors as the Enclave, then it would be interesting to see what a Dark Crimson Metallic, a Red Jewel color, or a Blue-Gold Crystal Metallic LaCrosse would look like.

I am one of those people that likes the wood grain look. So many automobiles these days go for that cold, industrial look with fake chrome lines, monotone plastics, and silvery panels.

I think the car probably looks bigger in the pictures than it actually is in real life. The Lucerne, however, truly is a big car.

The LaCrosse looks better with the new grill. The new grill makes this model fit in better with the rest of the Buick family.

As far as the Lucerne, I wish they would have left the grill alone and spent the money they used to create a "Super" model on fixing areas that would have made the Lucerne more competitive (and truly "super"). The Lucerne already had a nice looking exterior design. The only thing I would have changed on the exterior was to make fog lights standard on every model; I think the front fascia looks better with the fog lights. The rest of the exterior I would have left alone; the new grill looks awkward and ruins the front of the car. I would have concentrated on updating the unremarkable interior and the outdated engine/transmission combos. I looked at the 2007 Lucerne and the 2008 Toyota Avalon (I consider this a direct competitor based on size and drive format) on the internet today. The exterior of the 2007 Lucerne is far better looking than the awkward looking 2008 Avalon. The interior of the Avalon totally blows away the Lucerne, however. The Avalon also has a modern engine/transmission combo. If the current front drive Lucerne is going to be around for a few more years (the last information I read is the rear drive replacement will be a 2011 model), let's give it what it needs to beat the competition. It needs an updated, upgraded interior and the 3.6 liter V6/6 speed auto transmission (offer the direct injection 3.6 V6 as an engine upgrade). It didn't need an ill-fitting grill, a modest horse power boost, and a "Super" badge.

The LaCrosse looks better with the new grill. The new grill makes this model fit in better with the rest of the Buick family.

i agree.

i think it slightly odd that my dad likes the front of lacrosses, meaning, he's mentioned to me how he likes the split headlights, from what it used to mean to have them. more upscale. like jaguars, or at least more memorable in this time of one piece lenses over ~97% of the market.

Not nice. Was Buick's supplier having a fire-sale on chrome? Can someone explain to me where Buick fits in the domestic GM portfolio these days because with these cars, I surely can't tell.

They are built for those of us that are sick of bland genric slab sided Lexus and BMW cars that appreciate some tradition and chrome trim. Sure maybe some don't like the FWD aspect but for me it is a blessing in the climate I live in. The only thing I could ask for is a 6 speed automatic tranny and bolder rear end styling on this duo.

I think these are both nice styling updates, inside and outside, for these two cars. (Shame about the old architectures and 4-speed autos though.)

However, as usual in my opinion of GM vehicles, for Buicks, these really are what I think the BASE cars should be trimmed out like.......with major equipment and powertrain options separating CX/CXL/CXS, etc.

Buick is supposed to be a premium brand.....and NOTHING about the current CX and even CXL models of LaCrosse and Lucerne really shout "premium" to me.