New Fit Photos

siegen

The Interior is horrendous. I hope they have a more integral looking center stack.

The interior will likely change on the U.S. model a little, as it did with the current. It's shaped very odd-like. We probably won't get navigation either, which means the center stack will look completely different.

it will likely be too pricey for what you get.

Just because a car is cheaper than its competition, doesn't automatically mean you get more for the money.

The current fit comes standard with 6 airbags, ABS, Electronic brake distribution, tire pressure monitoring system, immobilizer theft-deterrent system, 160w CD audio system, A/C with filtration, power windows/door locks, and 5 speed automatic (on the automatic trim).

Now go option out an Aveo or Yaris with those features and see how much it costs.

Edited by siegen

More clear-plastic blisters for headlights... love the 10" long hood.

I wonder how long it will take for the sunroofs to start shattering?

How the hell can you keep your self respect if you drive THAT? :yuck:

The current fit comes standard with 6 airbags, ABS, Electronic brake distribution, tire pressure monitoring system, immobilizer theft-deterrent system, 160w CD audio system, A/C with filtration, power windows/door locks, and 5 speed automatic (on the automatic trim).

Now go option out an Aveo or Yaris with those features and see how much it costs.

nice try. there are many other larger more functional cars than the fit that have that stuff standard as well. power windows and locks is something you expect on all cars these days so that's not special. where is the 6 speed auto?

that front end shot of the white one looks like the aztek that is in my garage already.

by the way, no one will be buying one of these for less than 17-18k. in the real world. that's no deal for 100hp and pop can structure.

Edited by regfootball

nice try. there are many other larger more functional cars than the fit that have that stuff standard as well. power windows and locks is something you expect on all cars these days so that's not special. where is the 6 speed auto?

that front end shot of the white one looks like the aztek that is in my garage already.

by the way, no one will be buying one of these for less than 17-18k. in the real world. that's no deal for 100hp and pop can structure.

Its "pop can structure" is actually pretty strong. The B-pillar didn't deform much in the IIHS 31-mph SUV/truck side bash test, resulting in a "good" rating. The same can't be said for, say, a Cobalt.

Hahahaha

Not a CHANCE! The Fit may not be beautiful, but it isn't dog ugly. The Fit might be homely, but it isn't one of the worst styling experiments of all time. The Fit might be ugly, but it isn't.... (fill in with your own version of disgust)

The point of the Fit is that it is small on the outside, yet has plenty of seating and cargo room on the inside, and gets good mileage. Sure you can get a larger car that has those standard, but then you're defeating the purpose of a sub-compact anyway.

The Aveo doesn't come standard with power door or power windows. They're options and only standard on the LT sedan.

Where is the 6 speed auto? The Fit has a 5 speed auto, while almost everyone else (except for Nissan and their CVT) only offers a 4 speed in their subcompacts.

The front end does not look like an Aztek, lol.

The interior will likely change on the U.S. model a little, as it did with the current. It's shaped very odd-like. We probably won't get navigation either, which means the center stack will look completely different.

Just because a car is cheaper than its competition, doesn't automatically mean you get more for the money.

Good points...the Aveo doesn't have a 5-speed auto...only 4-speed...in fact the Cobalt only has a 4-speed available and it comes standard with crank windows and manual locks!

I like the new fit...still not a fan of the bulgy lights but it looks better than those on the old one...the car looks more substantial now yet the sharp lines makes it look like the old Fit that's been to the gym. Interior is funky...but it's different and the gauges are in the right place...I like it. We an hardly bitch about center stack integration when we look at the rest of the class.

Regs comparisons to his Aztek make me LOL...the Aztek wishes it looked like the Fit! :lol:

Attractive? Substantial? Looks great?!

Seriously. Am I looking at the same car everyone else is looking at?

No offense to the soon-to-be-mentioned, but it looks like a bad MarioBro88 sketch.

Careful Fly, you're about to get shouted down like I did in the Mazda6 thread when we saw that exciting and innovative styling wonder.

....and so I did. Being as I just sold a loaded 2007 Aveo LT with RS package (15" alloy wheels, 6 speaker sound system, free 2 GB iPod, spoiler, radio controls on the steering wheel), Security Package ( side air bags and ABS), FREE power sunroof option, automatic, fog lights, power windows, locks, heated power mirrors, cruise control, car alarm, keyless remote - the works, for $20k, freight in. Total payment, including all taxes and fees at 0% financing for 60 months = $388, plus the lady has a '95 Caravan (worth about $300) going to Car Heaven for a $1,000 credit, cash to her.

Now, over to the Honda.ca website, and we price out the 'AT Sport,' (which you have to go to if you want 15" wheels, keyless remote and car alarm - not even an option on the much crappier AT LX) and it works out to be $22,155 freight in: no sunroof, no heated mirrors and 5.9% financing for 60 months = $485 a month. Honda also charges $172 for floor mats and the payment I just quoted does not include dealer admin, licensing, gas taxes or PDI, so I would add at least another $900 to the upfront costs to buy the Fit.

SO, YEAH: FOR $100 A MONTH MORE, THE FIT IS A GREAT CAR.

BUT THE IMPORT HUMPERS WILL LINE UP FOR IT, I AM SURE.

....and so I did. Being as I just sold a loaded 2007 Aveo LT with RS package (15" alloy wheels, 6 speaker sound system, free 2 GB iPod, spoiler, radio controls on the steering wheel), Security Package ( side air bags and ABS), FREE power sunroof option, automatic, fog lights, power windows, locks, heated power mirrors, cruise control, car alarm, keyless remote - the works, for $20k, freight in. Total payment, including all taxes and fees at 0% financing for 60 months = $388, plus the lady has a '95 Caravan (worth about $300) going to Car Heaven for a $1,000 credit, cash to her.

Now, over to the Honda.ca website, and we price out the 'AT Sport,' (which you have to go to if you want 15" wheels, keyless remote and car alarm - not even an option on the much crappier AT LX) and it works out to be $22,155 freight in: no sunroof, no heated mirrors and 5.9% financing for 60 months = $485 a month. Honda also charges $172 for floor mats and the payment I just quoted does not include dealer admin, licensing, gas taxes or PDI, so I would add at least another $900 to the upfront costs to buy the Fit.

Good Point.Aveo is not a bad car as people make it out to be.

It can be better if it gets a slightly powerful engine and better fuel economy, and please make that ABS standard. In 2007 when we are hearing Stability Control to be standard, it is living in 1950's.

I doubt many people cross shop the Aveo and Fit unless they don't know the Fit is a class above in all but size.

Is there a cheaper car than the Aveo?

Since the small car market is very important in the GTA, GM seems to be pretty well on top of keeping the Aveo priced right. The Kia Rio and Hyundai Accent look cheap if you paid CASH, but what person who can only afford a $12,000 car is in a position to pay cash? The trouble with Kia/Hyundai is that they do not (in Canada!) write their own paper, which means GE Capital or Financial Lynx or some other '3rd party' lender steps in. So, throw in a $350 'acquisition fee' on top of freight, licensing, PDI and other such nonsense - and in Ontario, add the 14% federal and provincial sales taxes on top of all that.

As I indicated above in relation to the Fit, the Aveo is actually SUBSTANTIALLY lower priced when PAYMENT is factored in.

Oh quiet with that "IMPORT HUMPING" excuse, the Aveo is a matter of fact an import too, you're just bitter because the new Aveo is not selling as well as it used to, and that the Imports are stealing your commission away. :P

No worries there, my friend. I've sold two this month already. As I have said, people don't buy vehicles in a vacuum. When someone takes them onto Honda.ca (like me, for example :P ) and shows them the payment difference - well, it is kind of hard to justy $100 a month, wouldn't you say?

This is, after all, an 'entry level' vehicle, not a Porsche.

Good Point.Aveo is not a bad car as people make it out to be.

It can be better if it gets a slightly powerful engine and better fuel economy, and please make that ABS standard. In 2007 when we are hearing Stability Control to be standard, it is living in 1950's.

Personally, I would be all for standard ABS, but I am tired of arguing with customers (very often older people, I might add) who claim that ABS is unnecessary. The gas mileage on the Aveo is disappointing, but that can be said of all the small cars, especially if the consumer is used to a V-6 and then drives their 1.6 litre engine as such.

They sell cars in Canada?

lol j/k

I doubt many people cross shop the Aveo and Fit unless they don't know the Fit is a class above in all but size.

Is there a cheaper car than the Aveo?

Especially with this new Fit, in interior room, performance, technology, safety, features, and price, it's a compact (i.e. Cobalt), while in exterior length/maneuverability and fuel economy, it's a subcompact (i.e. Aveo). Really the best of both worlds.

Again, I don't understand the rationale of making it look so strange. No hood. Headlamps on the A-pillars. WTF?

The swept windshield probably helps with aerodynamics. The way the hood flows into the windshield may reduce the high pressure area at the cowl. Having those little windows ahead of the side mirrors improves visibility when the windshield sweeps so far forward. Otherwise the side mirrors would have to be really far forward, which wouldn't work with the small hood. Replacing that windshield would probably be pretty spendy, but thankfully the angle will make it more difficult to pick up rock dings.