Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
siegen

New Fit Photos

69 posts in this topic

Official New Fit Pictures
Photo Gallery

The site is in Japanese so no real information. This is the Japanese market Fit, not sure what changes will happen when it comes over here. I see Navigation and a Panoramic sunroof in the pictures. Euro Civic design influences in the front are obvious.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

i guess its an improvement. fits honda well. i hope it gets some real hp. too ricey for my tastes but would do in a bind. if it had hp. it will likely be too pricey for what you get.

Edited by regfootball

I see a MB A/B classe in rear 3/4.

The Interior is horrendous. I hope they have a more integral looking center stack.

I see a MB A/B classe in rear 3/4.

The Interior is horrendous. I hope they have a more integral looking center stack.

Clearly, they started with the thought "Let's put a nav in our budget car!" and worked outwards from there without really knowing where they were going with it.

The interior will likely change on the U.S. model a little, as it did with the current. It's shaped very odd-like. We probably won't get navigation either, which means the center stack will look completely different.

it will likely be too pricey for what you get.

Just because a car is cheaper than its competition, doesn't automatically mean you get more for the money.

The current fit comes standard with 6 airbags, ABS, Electronic brake distribution, tire pressure monitoring system, immobilizer theft-deterrent system, 160w CD audio system, A/C with filtration, power windows/door locks, and 5 speed automatic (on the automatic trim).

Now go option out an Aveo or Yaris with those features and see how much it costs.

Edited by siegen

Not bad. Still recognizable as the Fit, but it's more mature looking, almost like an MPV. The Europeans still do supermini design classier/cooler/better, though.

More clear-plastic blisters for headlights... love the 10" long hood.

I wonder how long it will take for the sunroofs to start shattering?

How the hell can you keep your self respect if you drive THAT? :yuck:

How the hell can you keep your self respect if you drive THAT? :yuck:

It's a perception problem a lot of American's have.

I'd take a Corsa.

GM, take note: Honda offers navigation in their $10k car, and you don't offer it in many of your $30k vehicles.

The current fit comes standard with 6 airbags, ABS, Electronic brake distribution, tire pressure monitoring system, immobilizer theft-deterrent system, 160w CD audio system, A/C with filtration, power windows/door locks, and 5 speed automatic (on the automatic trim).

Now go option out an Aveo or Yaris with those features and see how much it costs.

nice try. there are many other larger more functional cars than the fit that have that stuff standard as well. power windows and locks is something you expect on all cars these days so that's not special. where is the 6 speed auto?

that front end shot of the white one looks like the aztek that is in my garage already.

by the way, no one will be buying one of these for less than 17-18k. in the real world. that's no deal for 100hp and pop can structure.

Edited by regfootball

nice try. there are many other larger more functional cars than the fit that have that stuff standard as well. power windows and locks is something you expect on all cars these days so that's not special. where is the 6 speed auto?

that front end shot of the white one looks like the aztek that is in my garage already.

by the way, no one will be buying one of these for less than 17-18k. in the real world. that's no deal for 100hp and pop can structure.

Its "pop can structure" is actually pretty strong. The B-pillar didn't deform much in the IIHS 31-mph SUV/truck side bash test, resulting in a "good" rating. The same can't be said for, say, a Cobalt.

Hahahaha

Not a CHANCE! The Fit may not be beautiful, but it isn't dog ugly. The Fit might be homely, but it isn't one of the worst styling experiments of all time. The Fit might be ugly, but it isn't.... (fill in with your own version of disgust)

The point of the Fit is that it is small on the outside, yet has plenty of seating and cargo room on the inside, and gets good mileage. Sure you can get a larger car that has those standard, but then you're defeating the purpose of a sub-compact anyway.

The Aveo doesn't come standard with power door or power windows. They're options and only standard on the LT sedan.

Where is the 6 speed auto? The Fit has a 5 speed auto, while almost everyone else (except for Nissan and their CVT) only offers a 4 speed in their subcompacts.

The front end does not look like an Aztek, lol.

The sheetmetal appears to be stretched back around the front end, and the black Sport model doesnt look too bad. Nav in a Fit? Okay then.

Makes the current car look 10 years old. Much more cohesive exterior, not so sure about the interior. A sweeter morsel.

The design has changed much but it looks a little more substantial and refined. The interior is horrible, though. Very cheap and Chinese-looking.

Attractive? Substantial? Looks great?!

Seriously. Am I looking at the same car everyone else is looking at?

Posted Image

No offense to the soon-to-be-mentioned, but it looks like a bad MarioBro88 sketch.

Interior is odd, but the exterior looks nice enough. I'm sure everything underneath is top of the pack, like the current one.

Looks like the old Civic Si...

And that is the most disappointing interior I've seen yet from Honda.

It'll be OK, but the next YAris will catch up with this. Don't they know to let Toyota go first, so Toyota can't copy them?

Seriously. Am I looking at the same car everyone else is looking at?

Yes, you're just predisposed to a different type of styling.

The interior will likely change on the U.S. model a little, as it did with the current. It's shaped very odd-like. We probably won't get navigation either, which means the center stack will look completely different.

Just because a car is cheaper than its competition, doesn't automatically mean you get more for the money.

Good points...the Aveo doesn't have a 5-speed auto...only 4-speed...in fact the Cobalt only has a 4-speed available and it comes standard with crank windows and manual locks!

I like the new fit...still not a fan of the bulgy lights but it looks better than those on the old one...the car looks more substantial now yet the sharp lines makes it look like the old Fit that's been to the gym. Interior is funky...but it's different and the gauges are in the right place...I like it. We an hardly bitch about center stack integration when we look at the rest of the class.

Regs comparisons to his Aztek make me LOL...the Aztek wishes it looked like the Fit! :lol: