Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

It makes me so sad...

avant1963

After 18 months, every body panel has been hit, and it seems that the car was driven with no antifreeze, so I believe that it is now dead. The car survived with me for 10 years and looked like brand new, and now, she's dead. I should have kept her, but...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Let us remember her in health and happiness:

Posted Image

RIP

:angry2: :cussing:

This is a travesty. I say post these pics along with the address of the person you sold it to on CZ28, and let fate take care of itself.

:(

Same thing happened with my dad's '87 IROC. In '92 he traded if on a '92 SSEi, then our neighbors (who we referred to as "the burbs") bought it from the Pontiac dealership. In no less than 2 months their son fish-tailed into a curb and through the rear suspension out of whack. The car sat in their driveway, two houses down from ours, and rotted away until they lost the house and everything else...

I know the feeling. I was driving through the mall parking lot on the other side of town the other day... and I saw a Jade Grey DustBuster in terrible condition. I was curious because it wasn't a very popular colour... whether 9 years later, I'd finally seen it again. I checked it out, and it was a 1995 with a 3100, not a 1994 with the 3800... But it made me think about where that van is today. The most recent I'd seen it on the roads was the fall of 2003 when I saw it driving down the expressway going south... Looking pretty good. Alloys were still polished and I identified it by the scuff on the rear bumper that some parking lot asshole gave it in 1996. If it's still on the road today, It probably has well over 300K Kms on it.

Edited by vonVeezelsnider

You guys see why I'm fanatical about keeping my Aurora? If it ever gets to be a $h!box beater, it'll be through my hands and my hands alone. Being in a metro area of a size where things generally stay where they were, I saw the slow, belabored death of what I am nearly certain was my father's pristine 1987 Toronado Trofeo going from a pristine luxury coupe to a clapped-out hickmobile filled with white trash, actual trash, and Calvin pissing stickers.

You guys see why I'm fanatical about keeping my Aurora? If it ever gets to be a $h!box beater, it'll be through my hands and my hands alone. Being in a metro area of a size where things generally stay where they were, I saw the slow, belabored death of what I am nearly certain was my father's pristine 1987 Toronado Trofeo going from a pristine luxury coupe to a clapped-out hickmobile filled with white trash, actual trash, and Calvin pissing stickers.

I know what you mean, my baby is my baby and no one else is going to f@#k her up except me, which will hopefully never happen :P

It's always a problem when you see a vehicle you cherished and took good care of after it's been in the hands of someone else.

I traded my 63 Ford 500XL convertible for my 66 Olds Cutlass convertible at a dealer in San Antonio, Texas. About 2 months later, I was driving by the dealer and saw my beautiful XL sitting in the dealers used car lot with the side bashed in. The build quality and paint on that car was perfect, but it was underpowered, the reason for the trade.

In 1970, I traded the 66 Cutlass for a 70 Cutlass convertible. On the day I brought it in for it's 1000 mile checkup (common in those days), some skanky looking bimbo brought my 66 Cutlass in for repair. It had been trashed, both inside and out.

Now days, when I trade-in a car, I never go back past the dealers used car lot for at least 6 months.

I a really sorry to see that. That is really sad to see that car has come to that. You have my sympathies. It hurts when you sell something to someone and they beat it up like that. I saw my former Toronado recently, and it looked better than it did when I had it. He was able to invest into the car I assume.

I just feel for you. It is sad. I really do. I take of my cars because I like them, plus do not make them any longer.

Edited by NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

I don't know the history of your Camaro Walt, who's "they" and what exactly happened?

I am feeling kind of bad about what I had to do with my 1981 Bonneville. My sister called and said her Venture wouldnt start and said she REALLY one of my vehicles to use. Thought about it and I lent her the Equinox. This meant though that I had to pick either the Bonneville or the Caprice to drive knowing it was going to snow last night and that we are getting a major winter storm. So I picked the Bonneville and it is now full of salt. Had no choice, my sister needed a vehicle and I had to do it. I have had the Bonneville for 9 years and it NEVER saw salt until today. I guess I will just have to wash it really well when I do get the Equinox back from my sister.

91z, I think you misunderstood z28's post. I did not sell it to anyone on the forums. I sold it to a local person who in 18 months had it impounded for selling pot out of it, where it sat for months before he was somehow able to buy it back, managed to get every body panel hit, smashed and ripped, and then drove the car so hard, that the head gaskets blew and now I believe that it is now completely dead and is sitting at the garage that my dad works at.

The car, in the shape it is now, is not worth buying back. It would be cheaper just to buy another that was treated well I mine was before I sold it.

Still makes me sick when I think about it.

I am feeling kind of bad about what I had to do with my 1981 Bonneville. My sister called and said her Venture wouldnt start and said she REALLY one of my vehicles to use. Thought about it and I lent her the Equinox. This meant though that I had to pick either the Bonneville or the Caprice to drive knowing it was going to snow last night and that we are getting a major winter storm. So I picked the Bonneville and it is now full of salt. Had no choice, my sister needed a vehicle and I had to do it. I have had the Bonneville for 9 years and it NEVER saw salt until today. I guess I will just have to wash it really well when I do get the Equinox back from my sister.

I know how you feel...but a few times shouldn't hurt her.

Just wash her really good and really clean under the doors, hood etc.......

I was thinking the same might happen to my cav coupe ( 4 years- no salt)

But with the addition of my new beater (the Cobalt), she should be safe this winter.... :)

Hope you get the 'Nox back soon-sounds like we have another storm on the way......

And, we get that storm here tomorrow afternoon..... :(

Wont be getting it back that soon. Though I can use moms 2007 Aveo tomorrow for what needs to be done. I guess its too late to worry about it right now. I'll just clean it really well when I get the Equinox back.

My ex's new guy often talks about a MINT G-body Regal that he kept pristene into the late '90s

untill his sister beat the F*** out of it and destroyed it. I guess her idea of a winter-time warm

up was to start the car and immediatelly rev it to 5000RPM for 90sec. so she'd get instant heat.

She drove over a few 8" tall curbstones at high speed and never washed the undercarriage in

the winter as well as neglecting to check the oil.... ever.

So sad to hear of a two door G-body Buick dying like that. :(

91z, I think you misunderstood z28's post. I did not sell it to anyone on the forums. I sold it to a local person who in 18 months had it impounded for selling pot out of it, where it sat for months before he was somehow able to buy it back, managed to get every body panel hit, smashed and ripped, and then drove the car so hard, that the head gaskets blew and now I believe that it is now completely dead and is sitting at the garage that my dad works at.

The car, in the shape it is now, is not worth buying back. It would be cheaper just to buy another that was treated well I mine was before I sold it.

Still makes me sick when I think about it.

If purchased at a low price, It wouldn't be too expensive to get back into shape. Parts are cheap and plentiful and running LT1 engines can be had for a song.

This is an auto trans. car,Right?

The body work is Minimal...car should be worth fixing back up. I know you don't live in the columbus Area, but my bodyman is an artist if you need one.

This is one reason I'm very careful of who I sell cars to.

Sad day indeed,

Chris

Aye, Walt, that is sad....

And, 2005 E .... sorry you had to get the Bonneville out in that weather :(.

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I don't care if everybody knows the way I feel" ... Vern Gosdin ... 'I Can Tell By The Way You Dance'

Well Knightfan you do what you have to to help family in need. When it is all done I will get it washed and cleaned up to perfection. On the plus side it handles snow and winter weather better than I remember either of the last 2 RWDs I had. Still like my AWD Equinox though with ABS. But it didnt seem to want to swing around if I braked too hard and it didnt have trouble getting moving in 6 inches of snow. Maybe the brand new tires had something to do with it. Rode with a friend the has a 2wd Chevrolet pickup. That I would NOT want to deal with in winter.

If you do decide to sell your Aurora, let me know as I will give it a good home (where it will never be subject to the horrible abuse revealed by the OP).

I have a 99 Aurora (170k miles) as my "second" car right now and I am in the process of sinking money into getting the cooling system stable and while it has never overheated, it appears the aux cooling fan is on the fritz so the temp varies widely (and pushes coolant through the coolant reservoir pressure cap). Other than that and a smallish dent right below the passenger mirror, the car is in pretty nifty shape. I don't know why, but I just love classic Aurora's. I will probably spend myself into the poor house on this "second" car.

-Mak

08 CTS FE3 with six on the floor.