Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BrewSwillis

Production Challenger SRT-8 Interior Pics

154 posts in this topic

Love the gauges, otherwise dark and bland and square. Really, did they think surroundeing the gauges with silver and doing the steering wheel spokes the same way would liven it up? Not as atrocious as many Chrysler interiors, but not something that will seal the deal. Lucky for Chrysler no Challenger buyers are going to need an A++ interior to seal the deal.

Completely boring and hugely disappointing. My GAWD they could at least have given it its own steering wheel.

I think this is evidence of how rushed the Challenger was...

But, in reality, it doesn't really need a great interior to sell and maybe that's why they did it this way.

It's nice, and I am still a Challenger fan, but it could've been better.

You'd have no idea you were behind the wheel of anything special. I thought they would have done something to spice it up. Chrysler will soon be owned by the French/Japanese, so does it really matter anyway?

not so bad. better than the loserish camaro interior. its an upgrade over the other LX's even though it still has some of the bad parts of them. fortunately, buyers of this sort of car don't get as obsessed as the euro bangers tend to.

Completely boring and hugely disappointing.

I tried to tell you... :P

But I agree, very boring and nothing original. Love the steering wheel. :rolleyes:

NOthing great but who cares? It's an SRT8, what's under the hood is what COUNTS!

not so bad. better than the loserish camaro interior. its an upgrade over the other LX's even though it still has some of the bad parts of them. fortunately, buyers of this sort of car don't get as obsessed as the euro bangers tend to.

How is this better than the Camaro? Seriously, it looks like something that came out in 1999. Plus it could belong to ANY car in Chrysler's lineup.

It could be better.

I hate the four spoke steering from Chry. It is Fugalacious. Center stack looks old.

NOthing great but who cares? It's an SRT8, what's under the hood is what COUNTS!

Wow, almost forgot about the B-Pillar didn't ya?

Gauges are sweet, the rest is horrible. But as some have said in this thread, its a Challenger the interior isnt the major selling point. I.E I'd still buy it.

Time for a quick comparison...

Concept:

TorqueOmata3562.jpg

Production:

Challenger_Int_01m.jpg

<_<

TED:

Point taken. Not that I LOVE the concept's interior but it's a WHOLE lot less generic.

NOS: U wanna get me going? :rolleyes:

If Mercedes can build a world class sport coupe as a hardtop with EXCELLENT

safety ratings than so can Chevrolet.

The Benz costs $47+ thousand you say? True but a four door sedan E-class

starts at $52K so obviously the cost of making the C-pillar strong enough to

compensate for the missing B, the regulators and such is NEGLIGABLE!!!

Plus the Camaro's lower price will have to do with the lack of standard luxury

items that the Benz must have these days, like a 7-speed auto w/ 2 reverse

gears, leather, navi, real burl walnut trim, 10-way poer seats, and other silly

luxury bull&#036;h&#33; that I do not need nor WANT in my muscle car.

But I guess unless you opt for a luxury car you have to put up with an ugly

& clumbersome B-pillar and glued in glass as if you bought an '85 K-car 2dr.

But don;t forget to remind me that I instigated this argument. <_<

68, can you please STFU with your insane B-pillar rants? NO ONE CARES. Find something meaningful to post...

68, can you please STFU with your insane B-pillar rants? NO ONE CARES. Find something meaningful to post...

Read the thread. I posted a quick opinion & NOS was the one who chimed in with the B-pillar.

Wow, almost forgot about the B-Pillar didn't ya?

Read the thread. I posted a quick opinion & NOS was the one who chimed in with the B-pillar.

Yes, but you could have ignored it..

Wow.

Uh, what about Chrysler improving their interiors? ......

TED:

Point taken. Not that I LOVE the concept's interior but it's a WHOLE lot less generic.

NOS: U wanna get me going? :rolleyes:

If Mercedes can build a world class sport coupe as a hardtop with EXCELLENT

safety ratings than so can Chevrolet.

The Benz costs $47+ thousand you say? True but a four door sedan E-class

starts at $52K so obviously the cost of making the C-pillar strong enough to

compensate for the missing B, the regulators and such is NEGLIGABLE!!!

Plus the Camaro's lower price will have to do with the lack of standard luxury

items that the Benz must have these days, like a 7-speed auto w/ 2 reverse

gears, leather, navi, real burl walnut trim, 10-way poer seats, and other silly

luxury bull&#036;h&#33; that I do not need nor WANT in my muscle car.

But I guess unless you opt for a luxury car you have to put up with an ugly

& clumbersome B-pillar and glued in glass as if you bought an '85 K-car 2dr.

But don;t forget to remind me that I instigated this argument. <_<

I was actually kidding and not looking for an argument. :smilewide:

:chillpill:

The interior isn't bad, and the overall design is ok, but the details disappointed me. I loved the gauge cluster design of the concept's and the integrated center stack, as well as the horizontal pleats on the seats that were a nice retro touch. The worst offender by far though is the ugly steering wheel. Ford can put a unique wheel in the Mustang and Chevy can do one with the Camaro, surely it couldn't cost that much.

Still, the design is ok overall, some brightwork on the center stack would be nice. Then again, people won't buy this car for the interior...it just would be nice to see the envelope pushed a little.

Edited by Dodgefan

I like the interior enough. I wasn't that in love with the concept's interior. I just wish they could have used a different steering wheel. I also wonder if the R/T version will get silver around the radio and climate controls instead of the carbon fiber. I wonder if that would look better by giving the interior more contrast, and looking more like the concept.....for those that really liked the concept.

However, I don't think the production interior would dissuade anyone from purchasing the car if they were interested in one. It could actually convince people to buy it if they use nice materials.

And for the people that will say it's the same as the Charger.....it actually is quite different. Not so different that you can't tell the cars are related, but if you look close, I don't think it shares any actual interior panel pieces.

Challenger_Int_01m.jpg

int_charger_phtgal_13.jpg

I like the interior enough. I wasn't that in love with the concept's interior. I just wish they could have used a different steering wheel.

Bang on as far as I'm concerned.

The concept interior was gimmicky, not what I like at all.

The production interior (IF this is it) looks MUCH better, but that steering wheel in a Challenger is borderline laughable. It detracts from the interior 10X more than most realize.

CHANGE THE STEERING WHEEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

I love the SRT interiors of the other LX cars, if the Challenger had a decent wheel I would probably like it too.

:scratchchin: