2009 TSX Official Pic

siegen

2009tsx-01.jpg

SANTA MONICA, California — Acura has released the first photo of the all-new 2009 Acura TSX sedan. Scheduled to go on sale in the spring, the second generation of Acura's popular entry-level sedan will be shown to the world at the 2008 New York Auto Show in late March.

Article

Edit: Full Size Image

Edited by siegen

when there are more buttons on your steering wheel and dash then there are on your computer's keyboard.... there is a problem.

In the above picture I count 76.... that's just the ones I can see.

I guess you'll just have to buy the non-nav model won't you? :AH-HA_wink:

Really I don't see any problem with the button-bashing that happens everytime Honda releases a new model. Owners don't seem to complain. It's just like when you get a new digital camera. The only ones that complain about functionality are the ones that never use it, and with a car you're using it every day.

Still looks good, IMO. Too bad about that anemic 4-banger, though.

Well you can buy the 300+ lb-ft turbodiesel model. Or with luck it will be offered with a 2.3L turbo gas motor.

it's a very boring day at work....

:lol:

I had a hilarious one:

1. Meeting at a client.

2. Client arrives 1 hour late.

3. Client sits down and asks me 'so, what are we supposed to talk about today?'.

Speaking of the car, it looks like a slightly fatter Accord (bc to me it's an Accord - No Acura here).

Edited by ZL-1

trofeo-interior.jpg

bonneville3.jpg

that tsx is dull. OMG it's dull.

I suppose the gamers will like it. But even the 9-3 is far more interesting. BTW, a local used dealer has an 06 9-3 aero cylinder six speed for sale....only 20 grand with 20k miles.....I need to drive that. i got over there saturday and saw it out in the freezing cold. i wanted to get inside it but then some other dude had it out on a test drive. isn't 20 grand a bit low for an 06 9-3 v6 aero with such few miles?

Edited by regfootball

I suppose the gamers will like it. But even the 9-3 is far more interesting. BTW, a local used dealer has an 06 9-3 aero cylinder six speed for sale....only 20 grand with 20k miles.....I need to drive that. i got over there saturday and saw it out in the freezing cold. i wanted to get inside it but then some other dude had it out on a test drive. isn't 20 grand a bit low for an 06 9-3 v6 aero with such few miles?

Saab's Depreciate a lot in the first couple of years. 20-22K for a 2008 Aero seems reasonable.

The TSX is anything but dull, lol.

trofeo-interior.jpg

bonneville3.jpg

Unfortunately, the 'excitement' of a Saab 9-3 lies mostly in avoiding the repair shop---or trading it in after purchase--both are situations I'd avoid by choosing the TSX.

I love Saabs. GM doesn't really build them anymore. The 9-3 is safe--and that's it. There's a reason that they're an also-ran in the quasi-entry lux class, and the 9-3 has much to do with it.

Lease a Saab---and befriend the local dealer. Do not buy under any circumstance, IMHO.

reg, we get it. You don't like Acura.

The fact that you just posted a picture of a Bonneville's interior in this thread kills any credibility you had.

Go drive a TSX and a 9-3 back to back. There's a reason the Saab has always lagged behind in this segment.

I like it actually--and the grille isn't as offensive as the other it is on other new Acuras. I'm anxious to see what the interior looks like because I tend to love Acura interiors.

I like it actually--and the grille isn't as offensive as the other it is on other new Acuras. I'm anxious to see what the interior looks like because I tend to love Acura interiors.

Except for the H badge, what you see in Euro Accord is what TSX will be.

reg, we get it. You don't like Acura.

The fact that you just posted a picture of a Bonneville's interior in this thread kills any credibility you had.

Go drive a TSX and a 9-3 back to back. There's a reason the Saab has always lagged behind in this segment.

your point might be valid if we were referring to actual acuras. as it is, a rebadged 4 popper pint sized fwd accord holds about as much appeal as a luxed out camry unfortunately. it needs to stop being a 'premium economy car'.

looks-nothing

power-nothing

interiors-middle of the road for luxury segment

dealers-arrogant

the tsx's interior has the same mess of buttons as the toro and bonne which is why the pics were on there. same jumbled mess of crap on the dash

Edited by regfootball

Let's hear it for buttons!

The more buttons, the merrier. I love buttons. :P

The Euro Accord/TSX looks better than expected. I have no love or respect for the current TSX, but this looks like a suitable entry-level car for Acura.

I hope you're joking.

Anyways, I like the interior atleast. The exterior isn't that great, though. Definite downgrade from the clean, purposefully styled last gen.

Edited by blackviper8891

Seems like a good, solid, unpretentious car, like the current one. The RL/Legend didn't work because people want exuberance and excess for $50K; the focus of the TSX/Accord, on the other hand, is more appropriate for the segment. This thing is loaded with technology: predictive steering, lane keep assist, collision mitigating braking, clean diesel, etc... things that you found only on $100K S-classes a few years ago.

I still think the Mondeo looks better, though.

Edited by empowah

Why is it Europe gets the better Accord each time?

Same reason Europe gets the better Focus: we suck and apparently we're so cheap our standards are very low...according to marketing (and there is some truth in it).

Anyway, it looks alright, but certainly derivative. However, the wheels look undersized and that front overhang looks monstrous! It looks as big as a W-Body's. Just like the last one, it reminds me of a slightly edgier Mazda6...only this time with worse proportions.

001.jpg

mazda6-new-4-big.jpg

Edited by Dodgefan

After three years on the market, the IS250 still looks infinitely better than this.

True enough, and alot of that is due to the RWD proportions....one thing I've wondered is why they can't build FWD cars with RWD proportions--why does the front wheelwell have to be 2 inches from the door on FWD cars? Back in olden days, there were FWD models with nice proportions (think Toronado, Eldorado, '79-85 Riviera).

yeah but at least the mazda looks nice and has an engine under the hood

The powertrains in the European Accord/TSX are all more powerful than the European (new one that Dodgefan posted) Mazda6.

The Mazda6's most powerful engine is the new 168-hp MZR 2.5 liter, and its diesel is a 2.0 liter 140 hp/243 lb-ft.

Edited by empowah

True enough, and alot of that is due to the RWD proportions....one thing I've wondered is why they can't build FWD cars with RWD proportions--why does the front wheelwell have to be 2 inches from the door on FWD cars? Back in olden days, there were FWD models with nice proportions (think Toronado, Eldorado, '79-85 Riviera).

Acura and Honda had that going on in the 90s. Wish they would have stuck with it...

800px-Acura_Legend_Coupe3.jpg

35rl_p.jpg

1992-acura-vigor-profile.jpg

01.jpg

692434_1_full.jpg

honda_prelude.jpg

The front overhang is smaller than the rear. I would say teh Vigor is the best example of FWD with RWD Proportions.

That doesn't mean it has RWD proportions. It's all about the distance between the front wheel and... say.. the doors, combined with a short front overhang. Plus, the existance of a long hood also plays a role. Anything cab-forward instantly disqualifies itself. :P

The powertrains in the European Accord/TSX are all more powerful than the European (new one that Dodgefan posted) Mazda6.

The Mazda6's most powerful engine is the new 168-hp MZR 2.5 liter, and its diesel is a 2.0 liter 140 hp/243 lb-ft.

last i checked. i live here. and usa is getting a 3.5 v6. finally, a real engine in a mazda.

vigor and legend were nice looking.

Edited by regfootball