I am disgusted

I wrecked my Sierra today in the rain. Not nearly as bad as last time, thankfully. I cannot believe it, I'm in shock still, I guess. After leaving the BPG dealership to get an oil change/tire rotation, I was traveling on a double-lane road, in the left lane there was a guy ahead of me going really slow, like he was on his cell phone. I went to pass him in the right lane, the truck suddenly fishtailed out of control, I fishtailed 3 or 4 times (raining heavily at the time) but I couldn't hold it, I tagged a stinkin' 90 Jetta in the passenger front door... driver's side front corner of my truck, same as before, then I spun completely around and crunched the curb with my left rear wheel. Kid in Jetta turned out to be an hysterical gay guy. As I was moving my truck past him on the road after the accident and into a KFC parking lot to wait for the police, he was yelling into his cell phone and he gave me "the hand" like "bitch please". Then he told the officer I hit him on purpose because he was going too slow. Does he really think I am going to mess up my nice truck by hitting his broke ass Jetta? Uh... no. :nono:

Unbelievably horrendous day... sigh. I cannot believe the bad luck I am having with my beautiful truck. I am going to have to get rid of it, I guess.

Edited by ocnblu

Thanks, Camino. Life just totally sucks when you're me, I guess. Borger, I don't get hysterical. I really am not a girly guy. And thanks but no thanks on the Asstra. Thanks, BP. If the 1-series were affordable for me, I'd certainly consider one. Edited by ocnblu

empowah, thanks. Oh, my truck doesn't have Stabilitrak. mustang, my front end is pushed over enough I can't get the hood open. It will need a bumper and all associated parts for the left side, a grille (cracked bottom left corner from bumper contact), left side fender repair, the front end pulled back into spec, and a left rear wheel and tire. The left headlight is a bit loose, but until I get the hood open, I can't tell if it is broken. Jetta needs a door, that's all I saw wrong with it, maybe a little center post repair from the door caving in against it. :(

Don't you know any good body shops? :duck:

Yes, I decided almost immediately not to involve my insurance company. I will buy the parts at a discount myself and ask my boss what we can do as far as labor is concerned. I don't want to cost my insurance company any more than necessary.

The arbitration hearing for my first accident to settle liability is this week, so I'll know if my deductible will be returned to me soon. The officer investigating that one took my side, so I am hoping for a positive outcome from that. Good Lord, I hate this.

Haha, Chris, nope. This guy is 29 years old.

Edited by ocnblu

Blu, really sorry to hear of your misfortune.

You can do all the right things in life and still crap happens.

I had a car once that got hit by others 5 times. The body shop knew me by name. Only thing I can think was the color, maybe it wasn't visible enough. It was kind of a dark green blue grey dusky hue. The repairs eventually eclipsed the value of the car!

Hope you get through it all ok...

Ugh, couldn't sleep. I was down in my garage at stupid thirty (aka 1:30 am) looking at it. I wanted to make sure the oil change kid put my tires on right when he rotated them because they're directional. He did. According to Goodyear, the tires are the same height as the OE, so I should put my spare on the left rear (height is important with a posi rear end). There's a chunk of aluminum about 3 inches long broken off that wheel, letting the tire bulge out pretty bad. And I need to pull the bumper away just a hair so the left front tire clears it all the time. Dammit, I love that truck.:(

Ugh, couldn't sleep. I was down in my garage at stupid thirty (aka 1:30 am) looking at it. I wanted to make sure the oil change kid put my tires on right when he rotated them because they're directional. He did. According to Goodyear, the tires are the same height as the OE, so I should put my spare on the left rear (height is important with a posi rear end). There's a chunk of aluminum about 3 inches long broken off that wheel, letting the tire bulge out pretty bad. And I need to pull the bumper away just a hair so the left front tire clears it all the time. Dammit, I love that truck.:(

OW....

At least she will be as good as new soon...

Sorry to hear about you cracking up such a fine machine again. But seriously cut the $h! about the thing being cursed. Flybrianna's Aurora is cursed; your truck is definitely not. Stick with it; it's a beauty!

Sorry, Bill. I hope it all works out and your Sierra's back to perfect in no time.

^ I cannot believe the luck on this forum. I am so sorry about the truck, at least everyone is ok! I think you may have to look at trading the truck, she just doesn't have good luck at all. Lets hope the curse ends!

Condolences all around 'blu. Twenty years ago a truck which I passed on was sold to a neighbor of my parents and within 5 years there wasn't a square inch of it's surface which hadn't been 'violated'. My wife would comment on that one every time we'd visit my folks. So long as you are safe and that the other motorists aren't petitioning to have you water-boarded things should improve statistically speaking.