Her: Pulling out of a Home Depot parking lot

The results:

1002285gs4.jpg

1002286ea0.jpg

1002287rl3.jpg

1002313fg0.jpg

1002314km1.jpg

1002315pk9.jpg

We're both fine (physically). Rather than go through her insurance company and have them nickel and dime me when I'm not at fault, I'm just going through mine and will let them bill hers. I have an appt. with a GEICO express shop tomorrow at 7AM, and they'll have a rental there.

Uffa! Sorry to hear! Glad to hear you're okay though. Where was this?

Sorry to hear... sux Best of luck with that whole fiasco.

that sucks, good thing your okay.

sorry to hear.

evasive action was not possible? ... warp 9+? hehe.

what was she driving? something big or not?

Sorry to hear about this Z! That is a shame what happened to your car. It is good that you were not hurt, though. Hope Geico makes the repair process as painless and quick as possible.

I had the EXACT same thing happen to me in October. I was going down the a 4-lane street, oddly in the left lane instead of the right as usual, and changed lanes to the right before a red light ahead...right in front of a McDonald's exit. The problem? A very nice, but not paying full attention lady in an Outback pulled out at the same time into a non-existent. I moved to the right while still moving forward, and her front driver's side bumper corner first hit the front door and then pulled backwards.

It felt like a bumper car hit, honestly, and I didn't expect THAT much. Well, until I moved forward to the first street pull off and heard street noise through the bottom of the doors. Was bad, bad, bad...shifted my back door, peeled all the heavy chrome panels, smashed the front door, caved in the quarter panel, etc. Fixed it up enough to drive (which I did from mid October until Thanksgiving) then a month in December to fix, again thankfully all because I was able to get every single part used and cheap AND the shop was thrilled to take it all.

But oy, what a process. At first, I thought it was going to be blamed partially on me somehow (especially with the lady's "Well, it's probably 50/50" to which I said nothing, but with the police report which took over a month and my very detailed docs, her insurance decided in a matter of a day to accept 100% fault.

So...good luck. I've been there, and don't want to do it again. Sometimes I think "if I just hadn't changed lanes" but at the same time, she still would have pulled out and caused an accident either with me or with someone else and still maybe hit me, so it may very well still have happened. Best advice. Be nice and cordial to everyone--idiots and all--but persistent daily or more, give pictures and diagrams and describe everything in intense detail, and all will work out.

Just glad that you are fine.

Seems like a bunch of Cobalts are getting hit lately....

I still remember the fight that broke out on mine... :rolleyes:

I feel your pain. It's one thing to avoid a near-miss, but when damage results, it's already the worst-case-scenario.

Lately, I'm constantly in the mode of thinking, "That guy isn't paying attention," or, "she has no idea I'm coming." I'm so happy to be leaving the current city I'm in when it comes to the terrible drivers. A town of 16,000 people and I'm far happier driving on the busy streets of Calgary! Everyone here drives like they're in the middle of a farmer's field, "PLEEEENTY of room...who needs a signal light...everybody can see me and that's all that matters!"

My latest adventure was pulling up to a stoplight at a four-way intersection. When my light turns green, the opposing traffic has to wait a few seconds because my lane also has a green left arrow. So, I'm actually heading straight through when I look to my right and see a white Lumina sedan barrelling up to the lights in the right lane to make the turn. Since people mostly yield to red lights and stop signs, I half-expected him to look for traffic first. What does he do? He looks straight at the truck that's opposite from me to see it's not moving. (Remember that green left arrow my lane has? - The truck has to wait). So the guy must figure "DUH, if da twuck isn't moving, I must have a green light?" Hell if I know why he didn't look my direction. So, he doesn't stop and cuts right in front of me. I already see this coming, so I've barely even crossed the intersection before hitting my horn. What does he do? He looks back at me, sneers, looks at the truck again, looks right, and keeps turning in front of me, all on a red light.

I never realized that driving properly was a skill so difficult to comprehend, much less understand and most likely never to master for SO many people?

So, yeah, accidents suck ass.

That sucks, at least you're ok. Hope you get it fixed soon.

z, that's disgusting! You keep your car so clean and looking good, and now this. I'm sorry to hear. Hopefully, the gecko does a good job for you. Looking at your door, it looks borderline on repairability, it might need a new door shell, as opposed to repair, with that damage at the front. Let us know what the estimate calls for.

Thanks fellas. I just got in after dropping her off at the shop. The GEICO adjuster told me I need a fender, a door, and possibly a wheel and the plastic wheelhouse, and a "repair" on the quarter panel and both bumpers. The door will definitely be a GM door, and the fender will either be GM or CAPA certified. They told me it should be ready for Saturday, though I told them to take their time because I want it done right and will inspect it before I take it back. I've got a '07 Ford Focus in the meantime - not a bad little car aside from the airbag light being on.

Paulie: This happened on Middle Country Road in Selden, at the Home Depot Shopping Center.

PurdueGuy: Yes, it's a Cobalt coupe.

It's amazing how many bad drivers there are out there... I see a lot of them here. Phoenix is scary at times...my biggest irritant are all the stupid intersections of 2 four/six lane streets with left turn lanes but no left turn arrows... lots of people running the lights or turning left stupidly. Not to mention thousands of look-alike strip malls, 4 at each intersection with the entrances and exits 20 feet from the intersections...

That sucks, z28. Sometimes it seems some people got their licences from a cereal box or something...

Edited by ZL-1

So sorry to hear this Z28, I'm sure you think about cars the way I do, they become a member of the family (something Mrs. PCS doesn't understand), Here's to a speedy recovery of your Colbalt.

So sorry to hear this Z28, I'm sure you think about cars the way I do, they become a member of the family (something Mrs. PCS doesn't understand), Here's to a speedy recovery of your Colbalt.

I know that is, cars are part of the family to me, so i feel your pain. Hopefully she'll be as good as new soon though!

Paulie: This happened on Middle Country Road in Selden, at the Home Depot Shopping Center.

Ah, not a fan of 25.

I hate seeing this ,Z!

Some idiot ran a red in front of me yesterday, luckily I saw him coming an avoided a crash.

The jackasses are everywhere.

z, if you want a GM fender on your car, why not ask for it? They might make you pay the difference between that and the CAPA fender, but it would be worth (to me) to have genuine GM parts.

Here's again to a speedy recovery of the 'balt...shame it had to happen to such a nice car...

Chris

Aye, Z28...sorry that happened to ya, but glad you both are OK physically....

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Something's wrong in the world today" ... Aerosmith ... 'Living On The Edge'

z, if you want a GM fender on your car, why not ask for it? They might make you pay the difference between that and the CAPA fender, but it would be worth (to me) to have genuine GM parts.

+1

+2

I had fight the dealership that repaired the my Balt-best part being that even my insurance company demanded that they use GM parts....

They had to send parts back twice.... :rolleyes:

But, I got what I wanted....

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0