Toyota world's most respected company!

siegen

Full article at CarAdvice.com.au

If Toyota fans needed any more ammunition to support their brand, here it is. More than 60,000 people in 27 countries have anonymously voted Toyota as the world’s most respected company.

Scoring 86.53 out of 100 in a survey conducted by New York-based private research and consulting firm Reputation Institute, the Big T came out as number one amongst the world’s top 1,000 companies on perceptions of trust, esteem, admiration and good feeling.

Well there you have it, out of 6.6 billion people on the planet, 60 thousand of them have anonymously decided that Toyota is the, as PR would say, all-time best-ever company. Just so there is no confusion, that is approximately 0.00091% of the "world's" population.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm going to go out and buy me a brand new Camry this weekend! And I'll make sure it has that magic 1, 4, or 5 VIN number to ensure it is bonefied made right here in the good ol' USA.

I was on the fence about whether to purchase a new TL or a new Camry, they are both such amazing cars, and this article made the difference! I will definitely leave the TL's superior features, build quality, handling, and overall better quality for the much more respected Camry.

In fact, I think I'm going to send Toyota a check right now for $100 just because they are so awesome, and tell them to "Keep up the great work!".

Edited by siegen

I'm gonna go to my dealer right now, and give each and every employee a blowjob because they are all just so AWESUM! imhappyplz.gif

Hell, I'll even take our Toyota Sienna there too, and show the people at the dealer the leak behind the rear window, and the near-busted climate control system! We'll have grand ol' time, pointing and laughing at me because of course, Toyota's ARE THE BESTEST, and it's always the owners fault when something fails or breaks!

Edited by Captainbooyah

Well, uh, wow. I love reading something like this a few days after watching that video on how Toyota treats their employees...

Gawd I love Toyota. they are the greenest, most eco-friendly company in the history of EVAR. They make both green cars like the Camry Hybrid and sports cars like the Camry S for those of us that live life on the edge. They make swell trucks for the workers that need them and never are they bought just to show off that the buyer's favorite company finally made a truck as big as everyon e else's. Oh and lets not forget that amazing Toyota quality where nothing ever rusts, breaks in half, blows up, sludges, or rips.

Baby farts.

imhappyplz.gif

Edited by Dodgefan

There are almost 60,000 Scientologists in the United States. Is that a significant number? Who cares!

On a side note: how many 'average' citizens of the world could name more than 5 companies that sold products in more than 3 continents?

I'm sure this guy and his family don't agree :nono: :

Labor bureau: Japanese man, 45, died of overwork

By JAY ALABASTER, Associated Press Writer Wed Jul 9, 4:08 PM ET

TOKYO - A Japanese labor bureau has ruled that one of Toyota's top car engineers died from working too many hours, the latest in a string of such findings in a nation where extraordinarily long hours for some employees has long been the norm.

The man who died was aged 45 and had been under severe pressure as the lead engineer in developing a hybrid version of Toyota's blockbuster Camry line, said Mikio Mizuno, the lawyer representing his wife. The man's identity is being withheld at the request of his family, who continue to live in Toyota City where the company is based.

In the two months up to his death, the man averaged more than 80 hours of overtime per month, according to Mizuno.

He regularly worked nights and weekends, was frequently sent abroad and was grappling with shipping a model for the pivotal North American International Auto Show in Detroit when he died of ischemic heart disease in January 2006. The man's daughter found his body at their home the day before he was to leave for the United States.

The ruling was handed down June 30 and will allow his family to collect benefits from his work insurance, Mizuno said.

An officer at the Aichi Labor Bureau on Wednesday confirmed the ruling, but declined to comment on the record.

In a statement, Toyota Motor Corp. offered its condolences and said it would work to improve monitoring of the health of its workers.

There is an effort in Japan to cut down on deaths from overwork, known as "karoshi." Such deaths have steadily increased since the Health Ministry first recognized the phenomenon in 1987.

Last year, a court in central Japan ordered the government to pay compensation to Hiroko Uchino, the wife of a Toyota employee who collapsed at work and died at age 30 in 2002. She took the case to court after her application to the local labor bureau for compensation was rejected.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080709/ap_on_..._overwork_death

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Full article at CarAdvice.com.au

Well there you have it, out of 6.6 billion people on the planet, 60 thousand of them have anonymously decided that Toyota is the, as PR would say, all-time best-ever company. Just so there is no confusion, that is approximately 0.00091% of the "world's" population.

Was this randomly selected Toyota employees?

What of the other 99.999...%?

But don't you see....that is WHY this article came out a few days after it was revealed how $h!ty Toyota treats there employees. There lies, deceits and coverups show no bounderies.

:yes:

This really doesn't surprise me... I mean after all, the media has brainwashed everyone for the last 5 years that we should all go to our local Toyota dealer and give the sales manager head because their cars are "that good."

People do as they're told and they believe what they're told. If you tell someone that Christ will come back to earth in a Toyota camry enough times, they'll set up an alter with a '95 Toyota Camry on it.

:yes:People do as they're told and they believe what they're told. If you tell someone that Christ will come back to earth in a Toyota camry enough times, they'll set up an alter with a '95 Toyota Camry on it.

:pokeowned: Whahaha! Fantastic and ignorance I've encountered totally supports this!

that is approximately 0.00091% of the "world's" population.

There you go usig logic and actual numbers again.

People do as they're told and they believe what they're told. If you tell someone that Christ will come back to earth in a Toyota camry enough times, they'll set up an alter with a '95 Toyota Camry on it.

Maybe they will ahve the good sense to burn the car in sacrafice while it is on the alter.

Chris

I'm sure the Toyota family across the street from me will love this news.

As far as the worker who died from overwork, Japan isn't exactly "we don't live to work, we work to live" country. It's said we don't get enough vacation in the U.S., but imagine an entire country full of workaholics, people who prioritize the company at the expense of their lives, literally and figuratively. That's Japan, where company, not family, not health, comes first, for everyone from CEO to janitor.