Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Alcohol

Cory Wolfe

hehe... I have too many stories to even pick where to start... I once drank 1.5 bottles of Crown Royal, along with some weird Italian almond liquor (it was some neon yellow stuff) and probably some Stoli... I ended up "taking a nap" in the bathroom :D Samething happened when I drank a mini-bottle of Absolut, and when I mixed vodka-pinneapples with Jose Cuervo (that time I "took a nap" at a club), and last new year when I overdid it with Stoli and champagne, and the time I drank about 10 martinis at the Hyatt in Lake Tahoe... And let's not forget the hangover ritual of the day after. Release (almost) all fluids/solids (i'm referring to #1, #2 and puke/bile), then shower and sleep. Repeat if necessary.

hehe... I have too many stories to even pick where to start...

I once drank 1.5 bottles of Crown Royal, along with some weird Italian almond liquor (it was some neon yellow stuff) and probably some Stoli...

I ended up "taking a nap" in the bathroom :D 

Samething happened when I drank a mini-bottle of Absolut, and when I mixed vodka-pinneapples with Jose Cuervo (that time I "took a nap" at a club), and last new year when I overdid it with Stoli and champagne, and the time I drank about 10 martinis at the Hyatt in Lake Tahoe...

And let's not forget the hangover ritual of the day after.  Release (almost) all fluids/solids (i'm referring to #1, #2 and puke/bile), then shower and sleep.  Repeat if necessary.

[post="37906"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

We should hang out sometime.

I'm a firm believer that Red Bull (or Kick) and Vodka is the essential "going out" drink. Call me old school, but I'm a big fan Vodka/Gin Tonics. As for beer, Stella Artois is a great "light color" beer - it's about as clear as a Bud but has loads of flavor. For those looking to get drunk it also has a higher alcohol content than most beers. Newcastle Brown Ale is another favorite...as is Gordon Biersch Marzen.

I enjoy a good drink every now and then, especially a good beer. I don't drink much anymore. My friends have a video tape of me doing something stupidly embarrassing, and after my sister was found dead in the local park from alcohol poisoning I just dont see the fun in it anymore. Chief

Yeah... That (being the partying) and the possible Camaro concept are the two things steering me towards Detroit in January.

[post="37913"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

And if I could confirm such? Would that be a 'for certain' on the Detroit trip?

I love living here....and have met NOS from the site thus far but I'd love to meet more.

Beer tastes bad, cheap beer tastes really bad. I have a friend who tried to get me drunk by buying me a lot of liquer whenever we go out, usually alternating tequila and long islands, neither of which I particularly enjoy. But she's buying, so whatever.

Out side of Chicago i bought this Everclear stuff that is 190 Proof!! 95%ABV. That stuff is Amazing. I took 3 shots and a 2 Beers and didnt know what happend after that i woke up in a boat tho.

i've been too drunk to feel my face on many an occasion. there's one club i used to go to for that express purpose. i've drank probably my own weight in clear liquor before, several times, usually ruining my chances with some pretty lady in the process. but don't hold out on us, share your experiences!

Out side of Chicago i bought this Everclear stuff that is 190 Proof!! 95%ABV. That stuff is Amazing. I took 3 shots and a 2 Beers and didnt know what happend after that i woke up in a boat tho.

[post="37947"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I'm looking at 3 bottles of that (but have not opened one for 2 years) and 1 gallon of Moonshine......If you think the Everclear is tough....try the moonshine, or the moonshines cherries that I have :)

I haven't touched anything I've mentioned for a long ass time though. No thank you!

Everclear is the crap. Period.

don't like beer (I think it tastes like bad cheese), but I like liquor every so often. I don't get too blasted though. BacardiO3 is awesome. vodka Long Island Iced Teas are better. MUAHAHAHAHA EDIT: Captain Pepper Captain Morgan+Dr. Pepper=awsome actually the name depends. it there's more Rum, it's Capt. Pepper, if there's more soda, it's Dr. Morgan. Edited by Turbojett

hehe... I have too many stories to even pick where to start...

I once drank 1.5 bottles of Crown Royal, along with some weird Italian almond liquor (it was some neon yellow stuff) and probably some Stoli...

I ended up "taking a nap" in the bathroom :D 

Samething happened when I drank a mini-bottle of Absolut, and when I mixed vodka-pinneapples with Jose Cuervo (that time I "took a nap" at a club), and last new year when I overdid it with Stoli and champagne, and the time I drank about 10 martinis at the Hyatt in Lake Tahoe...

And let's not forget the hangover ritual of the day after.  Release (almost) all fluids/solids (i'm referring to #1, #2 and puke/bile), then shower and sleep.  Repeat if necessary.

[post="37906"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You've been to Lake Tahoe? Thats friggin sweet! Im from Reno, which is 40 minutes away.

Well... since I started this thread I might as well join in. :P I LOVE Smirnoff Ice Triple Black. Love it, love it, LOVE IT!!!! I could live off of that stuff. It is grrrrrreat!!!! I also love Mike's Hard Lemonade as well as that Zima stuff. As for beer... ehh, it's not the greatest but I'll drink it. I don't really have any specific tastes. Beer is beer to me. It all tastes about the same. And as for the hard stuff... Mixed rum is cool with me as is those fruit flavored Snobs? Is that what they're called? ...Anyways, Tequila is fun to drink. It's... "warm" on the way down and gives that same feeling in your stomach. Not the best tasting stuff, but I can have fun with it thanks to the Mexican exchange student I hosted a few years ago. :D Now for the stories... Muahahahaha... :lol: A few years ago, my one cousin graduated from HS and basically the whole family threw a huge party (I am anticipating mine...). Drinking, drinking, and more drinking. He got totally trashed and got into a fight with one of his buddies. He was irate... outrageous... Anyways, I had fun. I ended up drinking about 15 of those yummy Smirnoffs. Of what I remember... I stumbled so much. I fell many times. Once on the wood pile, once while going to the bathroom, once while making my way down to the water fountain, and finally once on my tent. I passed out afterwards... Then there was my exchange student's final night here. We threw him a party at our house. Bought two cases (24 packs, I think) of those yummy Smirnoffs. I drank my fair share of them... can't remember how many. Anyways, I also got into the Tequila and a bottle of Stawberry Snobs (is that what they're called? Seriously, I forget...). Well, I fell over on our recliner... tipped it right over. Hehe... I also threw up in our bathtub. I ended up having to be helped up the stairs and into bed... Can't forget that time at my Uncle's camp. I rode my 300EX over... Anyways, more of those yummy Smirnoffs. I made trip after trip to get more from home. I drank at least a dozen. I had trouble standing up all night and was dizzy... literally. I was smart enough to not ride my ATV home, though. Once home... I passed out on the porch after puking. There was also that one rave I went to. My other cousin hosted it and it was at a place we like to call the "Nob". Basically, it is miles away from any house and is in the middle of the woods. I don't remember much from this night. Just lots of loud 'techno' music and lots of drinking. Mostly beer, I think. Anyways, the last thing I remember was talking to some girl.... I woke up not really knowing where I was at first. There were a few people still there... as in still passed out or whatever. Heh... I got home at like 3 in the afternoon. My parents weren't too happy about that... Oh... there's more. This past Homecoming was wild. I started out drinking Smirnoffs (surprised, aren't you?). About 7 of them. Then converted to Mike's HL and that Zima stuff. A few each. Ended drinking beer. About 5 of those. I don't remember everything from this night either. Don't know how I got in my tent and what the hell all happened. I foung a damn hot dog in my back pocket... As I said before, I don't think I want to know...

Hehe, I barley drank at all in highschool, in college I have made up for it I'd say.

Most embarissing moments....hmmm....

Well I was totally hammered this past saturday. I went to a costume party at a house. my costume was a cardbaord box that I wrote I love box on the front of. At the party I had 5 beers and 3 cups of jungle juice (fruit juice and grain alcohol mixture) and was feeling a nice little buzz but i was still totally fine. went out to the bar after and I ended up spending about 70 bucks... on myself. My friends told me I was drinking jamisons irish wiskey three shots at a time. I ended up drinking half the bottle myself plus a few round of JD with my friends. I stumbled back to the dorms and I could barley walk or talk. One of my friends too me too the dinner to get some sober food so to speak. here is the the conversation that took place when I tried to order.

Waiter: What is your order sir?

ME: I'll have, I'll have, I'll have, I'll have, I'll have, I'll have....

John: Dan I'll order for you...

ME: No... No... No... I'll have I'll have uhhh, medium rare.

John: First of all thats not an order second of all if you eat anything that is medium rare youll probably through up.

ME: Ill have cheeseeeeee and there are 500 meters left in the race and I have to row hard....

John, Waiter and Ryan: what the hell?

ME: time to check into the hotel....

John: Get him some soup and bread.

Ryan: Dan you cant even make sentances right now

Me: I am the sentance master

(as you might have guessed I am on the crew team at my school, and i was most deffinetly wasted lol) Ill post pictures later lol...

well here is a picture with me in my I love box costume....

Posted Image

I forgot i pregameed to lol.

Edited by intrigued

I enjoy a good drink every now and then, especially a good beer.  I don't drink much anymore.  My friends have a video tape of me doing something stupidly embarrassing, and after my sister was found dead in the local park from alcohol poisoning I just dont see the fun in it anymore.

Chief

[post="37924"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Jesus man... I'm so sorry. :(

I have quite a few wild partying stories. BUT I have a couple of rules about drinking. 1) There has to be more than 10 people present when I drink. The reason being that, although it usually makes me VERY happy and a lot more fun to be around, alcohol can swing moods both ways. And since I sometimes have mood swings and bad spells of negativity/depression anyway I don't want to take any chances. So, I figure 10 people is enough to either distract me from my possibility of bad emotions OR make me happy. 2) If I get wasted, it has to be somewhere that I feel comfortable, which means either a friends place or with a lot of friends around.

Here is a good one: A couple summers back my best friend had a band that used his house to practice at. So to repay him and me for all of our support they threw us free field parties in his back yard (about an acre field bordered by railroad tracks) with live music and everything. The very first one I had worked very hard to arrange (anything from lawn mowing the field to lining up LOTS of guests) and I was dehydrated. So I downed a lot of Goldslauger, (sp) my then liquor of choice, and got wasted. This led to many fun things, like me and a wasted friend of mine hurling empty beer/liquor bottles at the passing trains in a drunken fury, the typical falling out of lawn chairs; repeatedly, acting like an ass headbanging to the music in front of everyone, getting felt up by a quasi ex (We messed around but never committed) in front of my now girlfriend (She's still sore about that one) laughing at my drunk friend pulling "the brains" out in front of everyone (Those of you who have seen "Waiting" will know what I'm talking about) and trying to get the horse across the road drunk among other things. Then there is the infamous picture that was snapped of me grabbing my now girlfriend in the chest region. Harmless you say? Sure, until one of my jackass friends later made like 7 copies of it and indiscretely showed it to everyone including her mom! The party ended when the cops showed up (Wish I had a dollar for everytime that's happened) and my best friedn who was hosting the party fell on his face while walking up the bank to meet him. He said "Everyone be cool.. I'll, I'll handle this." then he fell flat on his face.. it was picture perfect.

I paid for it the next day, but MAN did I have fun!

I've had to watch over my friends as well.. We threw this one party at a HUGE house (Even had an elevator in it) Had to be 100-150 people there at the peak. It was WAAAY out in the country on a mountain top. A friend of mine and I were the first to arrive (Since we were 2 of the guys throwing the bash) and we poured the first drinks (Screwdrivers) Needless to say we both made some of the dumbest moves of our lives that night, because we were... YOUNG and DUMB. I ended up getting lit and driving (Someone elses car to boot) to meet more people to bring to the house, like a dumbass--I made a promise that I would NEVER do that again and I have kept it. And my friend ended up getting caught up in one of those macho loser drink 'til you drop games and getting alcohol poisoning. At one point he was shaking, laying next to the toilet passed out. Of course we were the type of guys that would never abandon a friend and some of us had medical backgrounds. So we snapped him out of it (Got his adrenaline going so he wouldn't keep passing out, then made him ingest A LOT of bread and water) and took care of him for the rest of the night. That's one of the only times I've been scared or worried about one of my friends.

I had Everclear Jello shots once...never again! I rarely ever get drunk to the point where I don't remember the night before...but I remember almost nothing of that night. Two of the girls I was drinking with were sick for the next two days.

I usually drink beer (Leinenkugel's, Woodchuck, Corona, AmberBock, Bud Light, etc) or sometimes I'll do something simple like mix Vodka and Kool-aid or make a Captain and Coke, but I've never really been one of those guys that buys a book about mixed drinks and experiments. Just give me something with alcohol in it and I'm fine. Although, one of the best drinks I've ever had was called a Pissed Off Japanese Middle Farmer. You can get it at Welch Ave. Station in Ames...not sure if anyone else makes it. They keep the ingredients secret, but there's definately some type of rasberry taste in there...it's good stuff!

As for cheap stuff like Keystone and Natty Light...while I don't love the taste, I'll drink it if that's what's available. I'm not really picky when it comes to alcohol.

LMAO oh my God man. I'm seriously sitting here laughing as I cheers you to my coca-cola tonight....We really need to get together. I suggest Camino's place since he's not here now! We can surprise him. and black & Blue I'm downing a Bud Light as we speak. 3rd one tonight....laying a little bit low...apparently have to call the Buick man in a lil for answers on Buick!

FOG....shine is much more potent than Everclear. PHEW does 'shine knock me out. I've stayed away since last last summer. NO thank you.

[post="38039"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

BTW Josh, I'm trying to plan yet another Detroit trip this year, hopefully it'll come through..

I know, I've said I'm coming for like 3 years now <_< I hope this is the year.

I like many have quit drinking after seeing the bad side of things. My friend who I consider my baby brother was hit not once but twice while crossing the road by drunk drivers in a 3 year span. Both times he is lucky to be alive and being able to walk and function at 100 percent. God was defintely on his side those 2 times as he was hit by cars while crossing on foot and in the right of way btw. I occasionally drink every blue moon. Tomorrow night its me and my friends chilling with my best friend before his marriage on Saturday. Everyone will be drinking but me. They think its odd but someone has to drive them home and look out for em.

Camping Trip 1999. I tripped & almost fell into a huge campfire up at Old Orchard Maine after downing a half of a 1 liter bottle of Absolut. Then in the middle of the night I walked right smack into a tree while trying to not trip on the tent poles. ONe of just many reasons why I do not drink to massive excess often.

honestly i haven't had a drop of alcohol in about three weeks now, and i'm just fine with that. i'm not a huge fan of the whole intoxicated feeling to be honest.

while i've managed to perfect the art of the hangover-free night of drinking, i think it's a very important lesson for most people. make no mistake: alcohol is a fairly toxic psychoactive drug. it's fairly hepato (liver) toxic and at sufficient doses can be neurotoxic as well.

that said, once, a few friends of mine and i wound up downtown with a truck full of somebody else's traffic cones and construction signs. nobody remembers exactly why.

I don't like to drink, really. I may have one glass of wine while eating out. I may stop at a bar on rare occasions and have one mixed drink. It's too expensive and it makes me feel crappy if I do it in excess, so why punish myself?

I don't like to drink, really.  I may have one glass of wine while eating out.  I may stop at a bar on rare occasions and have one mixed drink.  It's too expensive and it makes me feel crappy if I do it in excess, so why punish myself?

[post="38134"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Because the liver is evil and must be punished? :P

Can't talk about it or share my adventures. I kinda pay for the site now and don't want to give it a "name" like HARRY attatched to it....

[post="37901"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

WEHT the advertiser search?

Even if it takes those "flick the roach, win a free PSP" things to take that burden off you, I'd figure it's worth it.

I've all but sworn off hard stuff for good....the taste and feel of it going down is just too much for me. Perfect Rob Roys, Long Islands, and a good martini are all still the business, if they're free...but for my money, beer or sweet wine is straight with me. Back when I could blaze, I was more of a weed person myself....nothing gets a group of folks together like having a gang of spliffs rolled at the coffee table while the playoffs are on...

And if I could confirm such? Would that be a 'for certain' on the Detroit trip?

I love living here....and have met NOS from the site thus far but I'd love to meet more.

[post="37935"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I'll be deciding on it in the next week or so. I have a friend from UCSD that went last year, so I want to see if he'll go again.

watching drunk people is even better than actually being drunk!

[post="38082"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I'll drink to that...here here :cheers:

I'm not much of a drinker at all. Maybe one here and there around the holidays. The last time I was anything close to drunk was two years ago at a friend's homecoming party from Afghanistan. I had two rather generous hurricanes, which are delicious, btw.

Tomorrow night its me and my friends chilling with my best friend before his marriage on Saturday. Everyone will be drinking but me. They think its odd but someone has to drive them home and look out for em.

[post="38083"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That's very commendable.

After being dumb that one time and drinking and driving, now 90% of the time I am the sober one that drives everyone home. I guess it has a lot to do with my dad being an EMT for years and me seeing first hand what drinking and driving can do.

Oddly enough I drank far more in High School and a little bit my first few semester of college years before I was 21. I'm 22 and I hardly ever drink much now.. but the problem is when I drink I make up for the time I didn't drink. Not trying to brag here but I cam drink quite a few beers with no problem and get a nice buzz going off it but once I start downing the liquor.. that's when problems arise. A few weeks ago I was up at my buddy's dorm in Buffalo State and we had a little party going and all but I remember playing a few games of beer pong and downing a few shots and after taht I don't remember much. The evidence of puke over my clothes was not good and my friend told me I puked up blood once that if I had done it again they would have taken me to the hospital. I haven't had a drink since but I'm sure the next time I go to a party like that I'll go easy and have like 3-4 beers or so and stay away from the liquor for a while. As for other stories I'll keep those disclosed since there's way too many of those that I'm afraid to admit. I don't consider myself an alcoholic because I don't drink every single day and I can go on for a month or two with out drinking but when there's a party or something going on with some form of alcohol aviable, I just have to learn to be careful.

I've slowed down but, still have a beer everyday. The most stupidest thing i've done was drive when i dont even know how i got home. My buddy wished he would of drived. He said I hit 110+ he won't tell me how fast but the speedometer goes up to 160(It was a Custom Camaro with a 350 slamed in there, No govenor). Also I dont even remebering shifting hmmm.... So thats was very retarted of me to do that. so KIDS DONT DRINK AND DRIVE!!

Did I mention that Jack Daniels rocks? :P Hehe... I somehow aquired a bottle tonight. But lately I've been craving cigarettes... badly. It's been a long time since I last smoked one. I've been trying my hardest to get some, but I've had no luck. It sucks being under 18... Stupid laws and stupid cravings. Argh!!!

Okay, so I have a pretty good one. I don't want to condone drinking and driving at all, however, this was just one of those times I had a bit to drink, but I've always been able to trust myself driving under the influence. I DON'T do it often, haven't done it often at all, maybe like ten times in my life, and I am a damn attentive driver. I mean seriously serious driver. Anyways, sorry, I drank vodka, quite a bit and wanted to sober up before driving. I went to White Castle and ordered my special meal, the Chicken Rings meal with a cup of cheese on the side and pink lemonade to drink, EXACTLY what I wanted to the point :) I got my order, put it in the passenger seat and forgot all about it. I don't remember how I arrived home that night, but I did. I can't visualize the drive home, but I can visualize everything up to getting my food. I forgot the food and found it the next morning when I got home. However, I awoke in my car sometime in the night. We had a long driveway, and I barely made it in, and stopped right there. I got into my house and was feeling as if my shorts were drenched. I didn't know what to think, and I thought I couldn't have pissed myself, I've never done that kind of thing my whole life. When I awoke in the morning I realized my khaki shorts I had been wearing that were soaked were a pinkish hue, I had spilled the pink lemonade that I totally forgot about on my shorts. I was most upset that I had wasted my white castle and lemonade.

ok...so lets get my first drinking experience outta the way...i'll make it short and sweet...to put it bluntly, downed half a bottle of Absolut, about 3 shots of 151 and 2 shots of parrt bay followed by about 3 cheap ass cigars...was all cool for a while and whatnot...my friends and i went walkin around and stuff...I was like numb...when we came back into my bud's room my head tilted downward and everythign just started to flow back out...oh, did i mention i was on anti-depressants? Anyways, so last week my frends and I got together and we started taking a few shots of tequila...then we decided to play some darts and if we missed or our dart bounced or fell we had to take a shot, and whoever lost had to take a shot...well, let's jsut say I missed a lot of times...oh, we were chasing with beer btw...So, yea...by the end of the night I had about 10 shots of tequila in me and about 4 or 5 beers...very fun night...my buddy and I were messin around in the street...he chucks his shoe at me, I throw it back, then he picks it up and smacks me in the face with it nearly breaking my nose (it still hurts). I then tripped over my friend's sea-doo trailer and face planted on the driveway (didn't feel it at the time, but knew I'd feel it in the morning)...Then I guess throughout the night I was chasing one of my other buds around, and I was also found breakdancing a couple times, then later I passed out in the middle of the street. I think I puked...(it looked all weird and pink)...then my friend took me inside the house where I proceeded to pass out in the spot he happened to have called dibs on earlier...not too much of a hangover...just a bit tired and wiped out the next day...but yea...it was a fun night...i think...

Everclear is the crap.  Period.

[post="37953"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

in college, when we needed to 'travel light' to BYOB parties, me and my buddy would each buy 2 20oz cokes, empty out a few ounces of coke form each one and refill with ever clear. easy to carry, tasty to drink, really f*cks you up and cost effective to boot!

ah the days. too many drinking stories coming back to my head, but also a few 'that was stupid of me to do that' or 'how the hell did i survive that' stories as well.

nowadays, red wine, oddly enough. really love wine. or whiskey with the inlaws. i can't drink beer like bud...its gotta be better beer like anchor steam, or newcastle, or even just leinies. Edited by regfootball