Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gm4life

Offical Photographs of the 2010 Cadillac SRX...

69 posts in this topic

Well the cat is out of the bag. It looks like the new SRX will look alot like the concept vehicle seen last year. Also the photos gave away the new powerplant a 3.0L Direct Injection High Feature VVT DOHC V6 paired to a six speed automatic. Sounds good to me, and looks like the RX has a new rival. Anyways here are some of the photographs right from the General, enjoy!

X10CA_SR004.jpg

X10CA_SR005.jpg

X10CA_SR006.jpg

X10CA_SR007.jpg

X10AR_CA001.jpg

X10PT_6C003.jpg

Edited by gm4life

The interior photo is the only flattering photo. The rest is terrible. As I said already, the live photos make it look so much better.

I don't, it shows of the FWD proportions of the car. It's a Cadillac, it shouldn't look FWD. The proportions look more balanced in the live photos.

I'm really struggling warming to this vehicle. I want to be excited, but it's just not happening.

I wish Cadillac wasn't even making vehicles like this. I'm not a fan of tall station wagons.

They are everywhere, like the minivan.

Suddenly, the whole 'arts & science' thing is getting old.

And it has such a Saturn Vue look about it.

Edited by HarleyEarl

Well personally I think it looks great in all photographs. We all can have are own view and that is just fine by me. The interior looks to be great and I bet this thing will fly off dealers lots and Lexus with the ugly and f*cked up new 2010 RX would have wished they had a better looking vehicle to sell. Honestly.

Just take a look at the Autoblog video and see that this is actually a really nice looking car IRL... again, GM photography does not do a vehicle justice...

I really don't care for SUV/Crossover vehicles but some of the lines on this one are just great. Particularly the tail lamps with the mini-fins.

It looks like the interior gets the pop-up nav like the CTS.

I am just not impressed. I hate the downward sloping roofline, the front looks like a Caddy grille on a Buick Enclave, it fairly scream Saturn Vue in silhouette. I do like the interior, and the rear 3/4 from the beltline down. Overall I think they tried too hard, and it didn't work.

SRX<RX

I can't agree with that. The new one is hideous, and the interior is a downgrade design wise from the current model.

The SRX has gone from an elegant, sporty luxury SUV to an awkward VUE with a Caddy grille. The RX has a weird interior, but externally it looks much better, at least in pics.

Well, the interiors of the above 2 are NO CONTEST.

Exterior of the rx brings nothing exclusive to the table- it is no nicer than it's toyota twin there.

Wheels looks small and the whole shell is just an amorphous blob.

SRX is far more dynamic, athletic & trim.

Designwise- the SRX is well beyond the RX, IMO.

Maybe it'll look better in black, to give it that mini-Escalade look...

The SRX has gone from an elegant, sporty luxury SUV to an awkward VUE with a Caddy grille. The RX has a weird interior, but externally it looks much better, at least in pics.

Really because looking at these photographs it shows how truly ugly the new RX is, and makes the two previous generations that I half liked, look even nicer. I like the new SRX better than the old one.

I liked the old RX. Especially the interior. The exterior was a nice evolution of the first gen. This looks like they just took the last gen, and Toyotafied it buy adding the latest Japanese fad of bulging, rounded surfaces and headlights. The interior looks like it was based on a child's scribble of an interior.

The SRX is warming on me. The styling inside and out is more dynamic than the car it replaces, and the proportions look far better in the live photos. As long as it drives well the AWD version might be desirable to me. Still wish it was based on Sigma though.

Edited by Dodgefan

The huge, awkwardly mounted mirrors are the only real blemish on the RX. The rest of it is an evolution of the previous RX, which was unoffensive enough to be a huge seller. The SRX just looks like what GM would have given Cadillac if they had been building CUVs in the 80's.

I find the front 3/4 view of the SRX in the official photos offensive. It looks better in live shots, as Dodgefan has said.

In regards to the RX, it looks like what I like to call a two-ton bag of what-the-f@#k.

The new RX looks like it was designed by Subaru.

Nah, Subaru's are better looking.

What I think happened is that Hyundai knocked off the last RX to make the Veracruz, then the Toyota designers knocked off the Veracruz.

The huge, awkwardly mounted mirrors are the only real blemish on the RX. The rest of it is an evolution of the previous RX, which was unoffensive enough to be a huge seller. The SRX just looks like what GM would have given Cadillac if they had been building CUVs in the 80's.

Want some more of that kool-aid?

:rolleyes:

I guess the RX looks like what Toyota would've given Lexus had they been 'duplicating' CUVs in the 80s as well then. :rolleyes:

I know that it doesn't matter (because people will buy what they're told, so long as it has the right badge on the hood) but the new RX is hideous. The asians are still too stupid to understand basic design principles.

So you really think the new RX is better looking? Than I would suggest a trip to the local eye doctor and some new eye-wear for 2009. Really like FOG said get off of the damn kool-aid the new RX is so ugly it isn't even funny, inside and out. Evolution was the 2000-2003 models and then 2004-2009 models that is an evolution the new RX is an ugly piece of &#036;h&#33;. Yet it will sell because Lexus is always better than anyother luxury brands. The people who take an actual look at the new SRX might actually find it appealing, so get your head out of your butt, this is the new GM it is not a 1979 anymore. I for one like the new SRX and any honest person would like the styling on the SRX way more than the new RX... Sorry like FOG said stop drinking that damn Toyota kool-aid.

Want some more of that kool-aid?

:rolleyes:

I guess the RX looks like what Toyota would've given Lexus had they been 'duplicating' CUVs in the 80s as well then. :rolleyes:

I know that it doesn't matter (because people will buy what they're told, so long as it has the right badge on the hood) but the new RX is hideous. The asians are still too stupid to understand basic design principles.

Thank God someone around hear says honest things that actual are true. Amen brother.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0