2010 Buick LaCrosse

Couldn't disagree more.

What we need to accept is that even though Buick gets modern, class leading machinery, some will still find it underpar some how.

Edited by MyerShift

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. There really isn't much I'd change on this car. I'd take off that lame "GM" badging that's found it's way on every car GM makes... it's pointless. Also, I'd give it 20" wheels, not 19"s for the top of the line, lol (but now I'm just picking). I wish they'd loose the gray interior, base CX... and it's to drab and decontented for what Buick aims to be, but I guess we're progressing with baby steps, here.

I dislike gray interiors too but in its defense even high end BMWs and Mercedes offer interiors in gray.

it all comes down to desirability. this is where we are in the marketplace of today, and something as simple as a very attractive face, or very attractive body and a good sophisticated look like that of a BMW, gets buyers lined up. desirability comes in the form of elegance and practicality like the Camry manages to produce, or toned down everyday aesthetics that are both good looking and enduring like the Malibu can accomplish.

this car is desirable. it has an x-factor they managed to put in, and that's the implication of a billowing monster from the front end as the hood bulges and you've got the aggressive character in the eyes along with very a very classy and expressive centerpiece in the form of the grille.

as far as the asian comments go. this all proves what I've been saying all along, the camry is good looking and athletic. take the conensus here and that's that people like the look of this car, but some feel it's too much like other cars. now go outside, look at a camry in profile and from the rear. it's essentially this car. all the camry has is a different face, and even the worst a fool can say about that car is ooh what an offensive face, even though it's not at all offensive, it's just not your taste.

so, yes, this does look Asian/Lexus-like/Camry like. Toyota cribbed many design themes from BMW to create thier new design theme at Lexus, though they kept the surfacing simplistic and watery like the outgoing 7-series only more liquid-like and flowing......and they used those design cues for the Camry.

so this proves roundabout fashion that everyone here is being biased when they hate on toyota without giving them some credit for doing at least one thing right. if you love this buick, then there are things you love about the camry. gotta say it.

I dislike gray interiors too but in its defense even high end BMWs and Mercedes offer interiors in gray.

I hate them, but unfortunately dealers pre-order them by the bunches, so apparently they think someone out there loves them. Southern red clay looks great on them, lol.

as far as the asian comments go. this all proves what I've been saying all along, the camry is good looking and athletic. take the conensus here and that's that people like the look of this car, but some feel it's too much like other cars. now go outside, look at a camry in profile and from the rear. it's essentially this car. all the camry has is a different face, and even the worst a fool can say about that car is ooh what an offensive face, even though it's not at all offensive, it's just not your taste.

so, yes, this does look Asian/Lexus-like/Camry like. Toyota cribbed many design themes from BMW to create thier new design theme at Lexus, though they kept the surfacing simplistic and watery like the outgoing 7-series only more liquid-like and flowing......and they used those design cues for the Camry.

so this proves roundabout fashion that everyone here is being biased when they hate on toyota without giving them some credit for doing at least one thing right. if you love this buick, then there are things you love about the camry. gotta say it.

Umm, what? Looks like the Camry? When was the last time you had an eye exam?

i was thinking about the name change issue. i think lacrosse was actually the right decision after all. relaunching a brand today is so common, I mean we're so bombarded as a society with new tech, new visions, improvements on the same concepts, that we're very willing to accept today that something can be reborn, remade into something totally different and get acceptability based on its own merits. look at our new President for example [using the last few words of my statement].

it was the right time to launch something new, I think this car will be one of the few stars of the show, and it will hit a sweet spot at a time when everyone is looking for a downgrade that's still an upgrade. you get me? lacrosse is already in the minds of some, and others have known that buick makes a car named lacrosse, but they haven't associated such an innocuous design. this gives them a chance to change that. now lacrosse will say bold and luxurious and well crafted, and a new age for a seminal car maker---in an idealized picture.

i;m not kidding and i'm not blind. go check the profile and uplifted beltline, the exact pivot of the car, the way it stands on its feet/tires, even the whole shape of the rear, and the sides, the height of the beltline and the effect that carries, the simple tall sides, the surfacing is reminscent of each other. but most similar are the stance/profile and the shape of the car when viewed from the rear.

i'll have some pictures in a moment, but why is this thought so incredulous when you've seen others call this Asian and Lexus-like? Have you had enough sight to notice the Camry is Lexus-lite?

Edited by turbo200

What's funny is I think if you put a sweep spear on it and change the roofline, it looks a whole lot like that Audi you are sporting on your sig. What this car has going for it is what someone else has already pointed out. It is an amalgamation of the best parts of many desirable cars. Buick has done their homework and designed a car that has something that will appeal to everyone in the masses. Great for marketing, let's hope for sales.

in disbelief you may be, now you will see

camry.jpg

toyota_camry_5.jpg

the angle creted by the C-pillar's flowing and the upkick of the rear deck is exactly the same. the whole darn shape of the rear deck, bumper shape, and dominant themes of the rear very similar. on the sides, if it weren't for the sweepspear or whatever that line on the Buick is called then the camry sides would be exactly the same.

x10bu_lc005-1280.jpg

no need to fret, the camry has some charm, okay maybe not, BUT that's cause the front end is merely pleasant and not fun or understanding, just reliable and there like a secretary who does the work efficiently. but body-wise, it's very elegant, understated, refined, and even athletic.

but this is all nitpicking. this car won't sell on the merits of how many Japanese or European cars it looks like. at the very least the front end is very attractive and distinctive. and the rest of the car is also very desirable. that's what we should be focused on./

Edited by turbo200

i;m not kidding and i'm not blind. go check the profile and uplifted beltline, the exact pivot of the car, the way it stands on its feet/tires, even the whole shape of the rear, and the sides, the height of the beltline and the effect that carries, the simple tall sides, the surfacing is reminscent of each other. but most similar are the stance/profile and the shape of the car when viewed from the rear.

i'll have some pictures in a moment, but why is this thought so incredulous when you've seen others call this Asian and Lexus-like? Have you had enough sight to notice the Camry is Lexus-lite?

First, to your earlier post, I doubt most people buy a BMW these days based on looks, as they're all overwrought and have terrible design harmony. They buy them because of the badge and that they drive well.

I'm sorry dude but you need to look more closely at the cars you're comparing. The Camry looks like the LaCrosse in profile (or any view)? Let's compare.

x10bu_lc007-1280.jpg

Camry.jpg

LaCrosseVSCamry.jpg

Yeah...I'm thinking no.

We could do this with any sedan and say "well, if you moved this, this, and this around it would look SO MUCH LIKE THE CAR I'M COMPARING IT TO!!!" Which sure, that's true, because when you get down to it, all sedans have a roof, a hood, a deck, four doors, headlights, tail lights,and four wheels.

Not to get on your case and seem like a jerk or anything, it just irks me when people say "this looks almost exactly like this," even though it actually doesn't.

Edited by Dodgefan

Wow, thanks for posting those. That interior is stunning!

:Edit:

Where'd the post go? :huh:

LOL, I was trying to figure out how to post the pics on the thread, instead of just links. But I'll let someone else do it from the links so everyone can enjoy the real world pics... they're AWESOME.

First, to your earlier post, I doubt most people buy a BMW these days based on looks, as they're all overwrought and have terrible design harmony. They buy them because of the badge and that they drive well.

I know many buyers who buy BMWs based on looks, personally, and with the newest generation. but that's another story. they may not fit in all that well in the typical environment, but in a posh place like Beverly Hills, they work very well.

Hey Paolino, the wood looks good! It matches on wheel and dash, and it's real! They listened. I thank them for listening to me about the tasteful sweep of ambient across the dash and in other places. Big Buick Brother "is" out there, they just didn't hear INVICTA. Hey Brutha, for the record, the gas filler needs to move to the driver's side next year.

Sorry this thing looks nothing like a Camry seriously. I mean I guess you could say it might be a "slick" shape like one but even that is pushing it. Like DF said you can always say a sedan looks like another sedan you know move this adjust this. From the rear/side view of an ES and a LaX they do look slightly similar but not nearly like everyone is going about. The front end isn't anywhere closer to being a Camry or ES either.

Sorry this thing looks nothing like a Camry seriously. I mean I guess you could say it might be a "slick" shape like one but even that is pushing it. Like DF said you can always say a sedan looks like another sedan you know move this adjust this. From the rear/side view of an ES and a LaX they do look slightly similar but not nearly like everyone is going about. The front end isn't anywhere closer to being a Camry or ES either.

"you keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Edited by turbo200

Well... real wood applique, but it's real and who needs the extra weight of solid wood anyway?

I fell the same way. Atleast it's REAL. Not having real wood would have been a deal breaker for me. PERIOD. If the pricing is right, I WILL buy this car... CXS, hear I come. FYI, Big Brother, the real wood applique needs to migrate to the rest of the lineup; or atleast the Enclave, since the Lucerne is dead in the water anyway. Also, take this Lacrosse blueprint, and apply to to all FUTURE Buicks... thanks.

I was just comparing and if they take the Opel hockey stick off the Regal side and replace it with the sweep spear, the Regal would be an almost perfect stable mate for this design. The front carries much of the same DNA and the back is not worlds away. Smaller, sportier and more affordable without sacrificing too much.

in disbelief you may be, now you will see

camry.jpg

toyota_camry_5.jpg

the angle creted by the C-pillar's flowing and the upkick of the rear deck is exactly the same. the whole darn shape of the rear deck, bumper shape, and dominant themes of the rear very similar. on the sides, if it weren't for the sweepspear or whatever that line on the Buick is called then the camry sides would be exactly the same.

x10bu_lc005-1280.jpg

no need to fret, the camry has some charm, okay maybe not, BUT that's cause the front end is merely pleasant and not fun or understanding, just reliable and there like a secretary who does the work efficiently. but body-wise, it's very elegant, understated, refined, and even athletic.

but this is all nitpicking. this car won't sell on the merits of how many Japanese or European cars it looks like. at the very least the front end is very attractive and distinctive. and the rest of the car is also very desirable. that's what we should be focused on./

Turbo, I just don't see it. I don't think anyone will ever confuse a LaCrosse as a Camry... ever. If this looks like a Camry then the ES350 is definitely a badge-job because they have more in common (style-wise) than the LaCrosse and Camry.

1st, the LaCrosse has a lot more chrome than every Camry generation combined.

2nd, the LaCrosse is larger than the Camry.

3rd, their profiles are not similar at all, even without the sweepspear:

- Greenhouses are shaped differently

- LaCrosse's fenders are flared

- The rocker panel area on the LaCrosse is indented and more pronounced

- C-pillars are shaped differently

4th, the rear - The Camry's trunk has hips similar to the last gen BMW 7-series. The LaCrosse's trunk sides don't. The sides of the LaCrosse's trunk flow smoothly into the flared fenders. LaCrosse has a body crease down the middle of the bumper. Camry taillights are mostly horizontal and overlap into the trunk deck lid where the LaCrosse taillights have an exaggerated slant and hug the trunk lid.

5th - there's no way to compare the front as you've already mentioned.

Hands down, the LaCrosse is unique with far more character and much more upscale in appearance than a Camry could every wish for. The ONLY similarity is that they both have a high beltline but that's it.

--------------------

Besides, the LaCrosse is far better equipped than the Accord, Camry, and Maxima. This is not just a "chromed up" Malibu. There's no confusion between the missions of the two vehicles. There's plenty of room for a mainstream Malibu underneath LaCrosse without any fear of overlap. The LaCrosse is clearly targeting a higher class of car carrying a dose of aspirational appeal mainstream sedans lack. It'll hold its own sitting next to an ES350 and the Acura TL. As for the MKZ/MKS debate... I think the LaCrosse slots in between them. It'll probably do the same in price too (when loaded.) I plan to cross shop the LaCrosse against the MKS and Volvo S80.

Rumor is, Toyota is dropping the Avalon and is considering dropping the ES350 with the 2010 refresh being the last update. We'll see but the death of either (or both) can only help with the LaCrosse's success.

Turbo, I just don't see it. I don't think anyone will ever confuse a LaCrosse as a Camry... ever. If this looks like a Camry then the ES350 is definitely a badge-job because they have more in common (style-wise) than the LaCrosse and Camry.

1st, the LaCrosse has a lot more chrome than every Camry generation combined.

2nd, the LaCrosse is larger than the Camry.

3rd, their profiles are not similar at all, even without the sweepspear:

- Greenhouses are shaped differently

- LaCrosse's fenders are flared

- The rocker panel area on the LaCrosse is indented and more pronounced

- C-pillars are shaped differently

4th, the rear - The Camry's trunk has hips similar to the last gen BMW 7-series. The LaCrosse's trunk sides don't. The sides of the LaCrosse's trunk flow smoothly into the flared fenders. LaCrosse has a body crease down the middle of the bumper. Camry taillights are mostly horizontal and overlap into the trunk deck lid where the LaCrosse taillights have an exaggerated slant and hug the trunk lid.

5th - there's no way to compare the front as you've already mentioned.

Hands down, the LaCrosse is unique with far more character and much more upscale in appearance than a Camry could every wish for. The ONLY similarity is that they both have a high beltline but that's it.

--------------------

Besides, the LaCrosse is far better equipped than the Accord, Camry, and Maxima. This is not just a "chromed up" Malibu. There's no confusion between the missions of the two vehicles. There's plenty of room for a mainstream Malibu underneath LaCrosse without any fear of overlap. The LaCrosse is clearly targeting a higher class of car carrying a dose of aspirational appeal mainstream sedans lack. It'll hold its own sitting next to an ES350 and the Acura TL. As for the MKZ/MKS debate... I think the LaCrosse slots in between them. It'll probably do the same in price too (when loaded.) I plan to cross shop the LaCrosse against the MKS and Volvo S80.

Rumor is, Toyota is dropping the Avalon and is considering dropping the ES350 with the 2010 refresh being the last update. We'll see but the death of either (or both) can only help with the LaCrosse's success.

:yes:

Thank you for doing the typing so I didn't have to. :lol:

I think they kept the name LaCrosse because of continuity. The W body and that engine are extremely reliable, which is why the Century/Regal score high on long term dependability, even though those models are discontinued. LaCrosse will likely maintain that, and in a year or two when LaCrosse shows up on long term reliability replacing the C/R it will help current sales.

I tried an experiment last night. I took a side pic of the new LaCrosse and blotted out the grille and badge. I also had a rear view of the car and blotted out the badge. I showed it to two friends, one 35 and the other 38 both male. I showed it to my mom and dad. I showed it to a fellow co-worker who is a 40 year old male. My two male friends thought it was something foreign. The 38 year old who is a fellow car enthusiats that hasn't seen the new LaCrosse thought it was a 2010 Lexus GS. The 35 year old wasn't sure. He guessed Toyota or Lexus but doesn't know all the Lexus meaningless number names. Mom had no idea. Dad guessed future Lexus or Infiniti something. The co-worker thought it was an upcoming Chrysler replacement for the 300/Charger because of the bloated shape and squinty windows. No joke. Not one person knew it was a Buick. And these are not dumb blind people here. I revealed to each person that it was the new 2010 Buick LaCrosse. My 38 year old friend wasn't too surprised as he knows that Buick is trying to be Lexus. My 35 year old friend was miffed. "Looks way too foreign and not American or Buick at all, don't like it". Mom said "looks too much like other sedans on the road, I can't tell them apart anymore". Dad shrugged his shoulders and said "I like the Lucerne better". The co-worker somewhat liked it because he drives foreign cars but was a bit surprised it was a Buick. "Where are the portholes"? he asked. I told him they were on the hood indented inwards and that you can't see them from the side. His last remark: :if they put the portholes on the side I would have known it was a Buick.

So I rest my case. Todays global thinking has melded foreign and American together so much that it is hard for the casual observer or even car enthusiast to tell certain cars apart from others. I'll bet if I showed these folks above a Ford Crown Vic, a Dodge Charger or a Cadillac DTS before they were introduced to the public, they would at least be able to identify the manufacturer.

:yes:

Thank you for doing the typing so I didn't have to. :lol:

+2

I was trying to find a way of putting it down in words, but when I read VanSeattle's explanation I said to myself "forget about it", I caould not have said it any better. I do think the dummies out there might confuse it with the Malibu, I certainly got a little Malibu vibe when I first saw the pics. The interior is a knock out and GMs interior are starting to become consistently nice looking and great places to be in when driving. Past GM interiors have been horrible.

So I rest my case. Todays global thinking has melded foreign and American together so much that it is hard for the casual observer or even car enthusiast to tell certain cars apart from others. I'll bet if I showed these folks above a Ford Crown Vic, a Dodge Charger or a Cadillac DTS before they were introduced to the public, they would at least be able to identify the manufacturer.

And this is a bad thing? This is a company that is reinventing themselves. In doing so, they have studied the cars that the public are gravitating to and captured the best of all of them. I personally think this car has plenty of Buick DNA. The catch in your experiment is that your observers have been so conditioned to certain favored foreign cars that they immediately think of them when they see a quality auto. Meaning that, unfortunately, Buick has been off of their radar due to the fact that they have not actively, seriously competed among those favorites until now.

It never ceases to amaze me how folks can criticize a company for lagging behind in desirability and then criticize them again when they do something about it. Sure, there are details that I would like to see done differently, but I applaud Buick for making a car that can be mistaken as cars that seem to be in greater favor. It simply tells me that they have finally arrived. Remember, there was a time when the companies you mentioned were using Buick as their model, it was their new beginning.

Welcome to Cheers & Gears.

LOL, yeah I've been around here long enough to see this aspect. Still amazes me. The truth of the matter is that it is on all sites. I think it used to be referred to as "flame wars." You do everything you can to smear my affection on the internet and I'll do everything I can to smear yours. It's the evolution of marketing I suppose.

we wanted something desirable. they've managed to make the front end desirable. there wouldn't be such a big broo haha over this if you guys took off your blinders, or agreed to disagree and moved on. no one is saying it won't compete well, no one is saying there is no enough feature content or luxury to support the price point above Malibu. no one is saying this isn't a nice car, all we're saying is it's a bit generic, and very Camry-like. guys, you don't have to defend GM on every move or every situation. if you don't feel that I'm right, say it and move on. the car is simply being critiqued for lack of originality........average joe or jo ann consumer is not going to care or give a shred about this factor, they will say this is a nice Buick, I am won over. cool your jets guys. now a very discerning high end buyers, perhaps someone just starting up in the Acura/Lexus town and on thier way up to S-classes and 7-series in the future will look at this and say it's not very daring or original, aside from the front end. as for roundly critiquing everything GM does. there are countless examples where I've praised them endlessly, Malibu, Camaro, Velite....the list seemingly goes on forever. I'm pretty impartial.

I'm pretty impartial.

Hey, you know what they say about opinions. Though I may be amazed, I am also thrilled. What I am reading into many of these comments and passion is that Buick has succeeded. There has been more discussion about this brand lately than ever before. If they were still languishing, no one would even take the time to discuss/critique them in this fashion.

i don't think you've been here long enough....we used to have five page diatribes on the virtues of GM producing Velite....and when GM decided not to produce it, ten page diatribes on why GM sucked at product development.

Been here, read them. My membership might be only two years old, but I read here long before. Maybe it was that passion that enticed me to be less an observer and more a contributor. Personally, my comments weren't directed exclusively at yours, though I don't agree with your Camry observation. The truth of the matter is that the auto industry is so saturated with models that it is tough to not find some similarities. And the market is so volatile right now that stepping out of the mainstream in a dramatic way is not especially smart, ask Acura about that. To appreciate design is to celebrate the subtleties, not the generalities. But I appreciate your observation.

I will say that the interior is nice. The swooping form of the console from back as it meets the dash is great, as is the curve of the dash cowl and the placement of certain items, such as the A/C vents.

However, I still think the outside is a "collage"...of all the cars that have been mentioned.

I'm sure it will sell. I thought the bombastic Dodge trucks would flop but apparently there are a lot of "dudes" who work in construction and need an extra shot of testosterone that buy these. It'll be interesting to see who the market niche that is ultimately reached by this new Buick turns out to be.

we wanted something desirable. they've managed to make the front end desirable. there wouldn't be such a big broo haha over this if you guys took off your blinders, or agreed to disagree and moved on. no one is saying it won't compete well, no one is saying there is no enough feature content or luxury to support the price point above Malibu. no one is saying this isn't a nice car, all we're saying is it's a bit generic, and very Camry-like. guys, you don't have to defend GM on every move or every situation. if you don't feel that I'm right, say it and move on. the car is simply being critiqued for lack of originality........average joe or jo ann consumer is not going to care or give a shred about this factor, they will say this is a nice Buick, I am won over. cool your jets guys. now a very discerning high end buyers, perhaps someone just starting up in the Acura/Lexus town and on thier way up to S-classes and 7-series in the future will look at this and say it's not very daring or original, aside from the front end. as for roundly critiquing everything GM does. there are countless examples where I've praised them endlessly, Malibu, Camaro, Velite....the list seemingly goes on forever. I'm pretty impartial.

You're overly analytical in a Tim Gunn sort of way; picking on a crease here or a headlamp angle there. Is the Buick generic? Maybe, but less so than some rivals while it still has some Buick specific design cues. Overall, it still works as a Buick even if you don't like the tail lamp treatment.

If anything Buick has learned a lesson from Chrysler. Bold, polarizing design only gives you great sales for a year or two before a redesign is needed. Buick doesn't have that kind of cash, so a longer wearing and more generic design is produced. This will age with much more grace than the 300c. It will probably hold it's own over time as well as the ES does.

I know you are involved in design in some way, but sometimes you just have to step back, look at it from the targeted audience's perspective, and don't over think it. Will ES/TL/MKZ/Lucerne buyers be interested in it? If they can get over it being a Buick, then yes. I think it could even make inroads with some G37 buyers as I see a lot of middle/older age folks driving them.

Bold, polarizing design only gives you great sales for a year or two before a redesign is needed. Buick doesn't have that kind of cash, so a longer wearing and more generic design is produced. This will age with much more grace than the 300c. It will probably hold it's own over time as well as the ES does.

Agreed. Maybe we have just been looking at this design too long. When the concept was revealed, it was like "Wow, that's a Buick? That design is revolutionary for the brand and bold." Now with a production model that is almost identical to the concept debuting, some are thinking "This car is too generic and mainstream." Let's hope it gets out there and rocks buyers before it falls into the 300 delima. Somebody hit the brakes and slow down this world, lol.

I'm hung up over the Camry analogy because it is literally grasping at straws. I'm not a diehard GM fan so I certainly don't have "blinders" on. However this "it looks like a Camry" is as bad as other members likening every new car design to the Ion a year ago. The profiles are not similar, the only thing that is "similar is that they have high belt lines. However the shape of everything down to the character line is different. The proportions are different. The back is similar only if you consider it by the tail lights, even that isn't correct because the Camry's extend into the trunk lid, the LaCrosse's do not.

turbo200, you have been very critical as of late, and while plenty of it is warranted, this time I think it's not.

Oldsmoboi, I disagree about the polarizing design. The 300 sales dipped before the financial mess but the Charger's sales did not. Polarizing can work. However the market is a tricky thing to predict, so it can be a risk, I'll agree to that.

The LaCrosse may not be polarizing but it's certainly not a copycat.

Turbo200 I honestly think you need to just look at the car for a moment and realize that it is not a Camry. A Camry would not have venti-ports, a Camry would not have a Buick badge, a Camry would not have a Buick waterfall grille, a Camry would not have such huge and stylish twin tips out back. Going back on forth on if you like the look is fine but honestly I can't see any Camry in the new LaX and that is a good thing.

+2

I was trying to find a way of putting it down in words, but when I read VanSeattle's explanation I said to myself "forget about it", I caould not have said it any better. I do think the dummies out there might confuse it with the Malibu, I certainly got a little Malibu vibe when I first saw the pics. The interior is a knock out and GMs interior are starting to become consistently nice looking and great places to be in when driving. Past GM interiors have been horrible.

+3

Well said folks....

I think that many people are seeing Camry and ES350 in the Lacrosse because it's shares similar dimensions. But to be honest guys, there's absolutely nothing generic about the styling, whether inside or out. I've been monitoring other sites, and this car seems to be a universal hit with the some of the largest Buick critics I've ever encountered. This car oozes class, and Buick DID NOT skimp on the materials or offerings for this car. Finally, we have a "NO EXCUSES" Buick. Design touches like the Ventiports, waterfall grill, and the Sweep Spear character line are uniquely Buick, and harks to Buicks of the past; yet this car is thoroughly modern and contemporary. I want a CXS with the 19" wheels, HUD, heated/cooled seats, panoramic sunroof,ambient blue lighting, blue tooth, etc... I don't have a need for Navi, or the DVD entertainment, but hell, I may spring for the car with all boxes checked. I wish the CX trim level didn't even exist, with the CXL being the entry level car, but I understand there's a price point and equipment point Buick wants to target as it's beginner trim. Perhaps they'll raise the bar and drop CX trim over time as the Lacrosse gains acceptance over time and Buick's brand image changes in the mind of the the average consumer...