vote now PETA wishes Obama hadn't swatted that fly

WASHINGTON -- The group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals wants the flyswatter in chief to try taking a more humane attitude the next time he's bedeviled by a fly in the White House.

PETA is sending President Barack Obama a Katcha Bug Humane Bug Catcher, a device that allows users to trap a house fly and then release it outside.

"We support compassion even for the most curious, smallest and least sympathetic animals," PETA spokesman Bruce Friedrich said Wednesday. "We believe that people, where they can be compassionate, should be, for all animals."

During an interview for CNBC at the White House on Tuesday, a fly intruded on Obama's conversation with correspondent John Harwood.

"Get out of here," the president told the pesky insect. When it didn't, he waited for the fly to settle, put his hand up and then smacked it dead.

"Now, where were we?" Obama asked Harwood. Then he added: "That was pretty impressive, wasn't it? I got the sucker."

Friedrich said that PETA was pleased with Obama's voting record in the Senate on behalf of animal rights and noted that he has been outspoken against animal abuses.

Still, "swatting a fly on TV indicates he's not perfect," Friedrich said, "and we're happy to say that we wish he hadn't."

Deputy press secretary Josh Earnest said the White House has no comment on the matter.

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/politics/BO116657/

Before long they'll be pushing to outlaw antibacterial soap, antibiotics, and vaccines.

I liked PETA when they chased down people who beat their pets and even when they prevented cosmetics companies from testing makeup on rabbits. Lost a little respect for them for their vegatarian points, but to each his own. THIS, though, puts them on par with the worst right-wing or left-wing extremists in the US...perhaps globally.

"Get out of here," the president told the pesky insect. When it didn't, he waited for the fly to settle, put his hand up and then smacked it dead.

Damn right.

Now if only it was that easy to get rid of them terrorists and radical leaders.

Before long they'll be pushing to outlaw antibacterial soap, antibiotics, and vaccines.

That's because bacteria is smarter than the average American voter, Democrat or Republican.

And I'm not kidding, dammit!

Chris

PITA, PITA, PITA ... tisk tisk. What are we going to with you?

I think the next time I kill a housefly, I'll mail its crumpled carcass to PITA headquarters, just to see what kind of reaction I'll get.

I'm going to go shoot a deer this fall in honor of Peta.

Chris :convertible:

>>""People for the Ethical Treatment of Insects""<<

For years I have joked about belonging to PETI, and now here it is. Supreme Being; help us.

I would love to see these folk out in the Arctic wilderness with

an incessantly-pursuing, ravenous polar bear on their trail,

as they blubbered & prayed for a wayward hunter with

a loaded rifle and a keen eye.

Dear PETA just in case you have forgotten what your Acronym stands for "People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals"

It does not stand for "People for the Ethical Treatment of Insects"

I call it PITA for obvious reasons.

Also, PETA and PITA are homophones, which is fitting, because both acronyms stand for two things that are pretty homo.

Edited by YellowJacket894