trinacriabob

Do you like the new LaCrosse/Allure?

What do you think of the new LaCrosse/Allure?   54 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new LaCrosse/Allure?

• I love it - blows 05-09 LaX away
    • I like it - better than 05-09 LaX
    • I like it - though not necessarily more than 05-09 Lax
    • I am indifferent to it/undecided toward it
    • I don't like it - but don't like 05-09 LaX either
    • I don't like it - but do like 05-09 LaX
    • Other - comment/explain

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

59 posts in this topic

I know most people here love the new LaCrosse/Allure...the design, the mechanics, the fit and finish. I know there are a few of us who think it wasn't handled that well and that it's no big deal. I wanted to quantify this with a poll.

What's your take on this new car?

Objectively it blows the old LaX out of the water. More advanced powertrains, better handling dynamics, better packaging, modern interior, more features, etc.

Subjectively, it blows the LaX out of the water for me, because it's styled a thousand times better. I never liked anything about the old LaX. It looks sharp, modern, desirable. It doesn't look like just another Buick. It's got better proportions. The interior really does it for me though. Swooping and modern. It kinda reminds me of the last Riviera interior if it had been done today. I love the integrated controls and the way things flow together.

This car is a Buick that sedan that can finally win over buyers from other brands, not just GM faithful.

Sharp looking car...big leap forward w/ modern platform, engine, transmission, etc...well executed interior and exterior, nicely detailed, nice use of Buick styling cues. Should serve the brand well and draw in potential customers that never paid attention to Buick previously.

Love it! Can't wait to see the Regal, though.

Yes, I'm looking forward to the Regal as well.

I'm a big fan of the new Lacrosse. The old one was completely inward looking, designed to appeal to their traditional customers and improve things that were wrong with the old Regal. However, the new Lax was designed to beat the world in the market segment it claims to compete in. Its refinement and attention to detail, especially the interior styling, makes it a winner for me. I am a bit worried about its weight however.

Well, see, I was right. If the above posters represent a sample of the buying population, they will sell a lot of them.

I agree with everyone's comments so far.I love it in person. Pics really do not do it justice. The MPG figures are a bit of a disappoiontment - I was hoping for it to be closer to 30MPG.

Though this car does blow the 05-09 LaX out of the water, I don't hate thte 05-09. The CXS I had as a rental was a pretty competent car if you looked at it in a vacuum. The leather seats were very comfortable, it accelerated and handled very well, and had a vault-like quality to it. Overall it's probably the second best W body, with the Intrigue being #1. It has the distinction of being the only rental car I ever washed.

Y'alls know I just love that platform, it's near and dear to my heart, and yes I do have a heart ... :P

Edited by PCS

Y'alls know I just love that platform, it's near and dear to my heart, and yes I do have a heart ... :P

LOL

How do you feel about platform for the ATS?

Overall it's probably the second best W body, with the Intrigue being #1.

You can't believe how much I torment myself over not having picked up an Intrigue brand new from a dealership. I like my LaCrosse just fine, but it doesn't have the sleek cat-like looks of the Intrigue.

The Intrigue is my favorite car of the last dozen years.

Edited by trinacriabob

You can't believe how much I torment myself over not having picked up an Intrigue brand new from a dealership. I like my LaCrosse just fine, but it doesn't have the sleek cat-like looks of the Intrigue.

The Intrigue is my favorite car of the last dozen years.

Intrigue is prolly my #3, behind the 2nd gen Aurora (#1, duh, I own one), and the 1st gen SRX.

I will say, this LaCrosse blows the other one out of the water.

As far as W-bodies go, the Intrigue was my favorite by far. I frequently wonder what the Intrigue would have become, how it would have evolved, if it had lived on.

It may sound crazy, but as nice as the Aura is, the Intrigue to me was sportier looking. I compare the two because I feel the Aura was positioned to do what the Intrigue tried to do.

There are several GM cars I wish I could have new. Intrigue is definitely one of them.

I've always thought the old LaCrosse looked so awkward with its bottom feeder grill and ginormous overhangs, especially with the 16" wheels. The new one is much, much better.

Well, see, I was right. If the above posters represent a sample of the buying population, they will sell a lot of them.

wait. think twice. its not a Japanese or German car.

I have almost the same criticisms of the car's styling as you do, trina. Also, except for the sweepspear, the styling could just as easily be that of a Mercury. Still, it's a huge improvement over the old car and should sell well.

This car absolutely pwns :P the previous LaCrosse. Not that I completely hated it though... but I did always wish it had had a better interior. And a modern transmission.

Buick's doing it right though as a premium brand should. Rebuilding their brand from the top down instead of from the bottom up... or from the middle out. (I'm looking at YOU, Caddy! <_<) Of course, having Opels as a drawing board doesn't hurt...

Like others, I am looking forward to the Regal.

I've always thought the old LaCrosse looked so awkward with its bottom feeder grill and ginormous overhangs, especially with the 16" wheels. The new one is much, much better.

This

I hate it, but I'm sure that comes as no surprise.

Looks Japanese to me, and unremarkable.

I hate it, but I'm sure that comes as no surprise.

Looks Japanese to me, and unremarkable.

I agree, it doesn't impress me at all. Of course it's better than the old one though, what wasn't?

I voted "blown away" because the wife is completely enamored with the new LaCrosse; she wouldn't even look at the old LaCrosse last year when we were car shopping. She is not one for needlessly test driving cars without planning to buy one, but she has stated several times to me that as soon as they hit the dealers she wants to take one out for a spin. She's even asked me to take the G6 so she could buy a new LaCrosse!! We'll see what happens in the fall, though I still like the GMC Terrain better.

I voted "blown away" because the wife is completely enamored with the new LaCrosse; she wouldn't even look at the old LaCrosse last year when we were car shopping. She is not one for needlessly test driving cars without planning to buy one, but she has stated several times to me that as soon as they hit the dealers she wants to take one out for a spin. She's even asked me to take the G6 so she could buy a new LaCrosse!! We'll see what happens in the fall, though I still like the GMC Terrain better.

Oh boy, the dice has been rolled. Seems like you will have a Pontiac and she will have a Buick. Out goes your dream of owning anything Professional Grade. :smilewide:

I'm split,

Styling wise it is perfect. A really handsome car that is perfect for the more conservative softer lux segments. It even manages to fit into this segment without completley blending in, not an easy ballance to strike.

The interior is spectacular. Class leading by far.

Ride and NVH look to be perfect as well which leaves my biggest are of concern...

Powertrains.

First the fact that the 3.0 is so slow while providing no real advantage in fuel econ. is a real issue. Whats the point besides making the fraction of people who get the CSX pay more for the engine? The engine isn't any cheaper to make or barley is because it basically is the 3.6 with a different displacment and tune. Also why no AWD on the CSX?

To my way of thinking the 3.6 should be standard with the the CSX getting a DI version of the 2.8T at about 320 hp and tourque.

Don't even get me started on the 2.4. That car is going to be dog slow.

Still I'd give it 4 out of 5 stars, a really solid effort.

If its replacing the Lucerne in the lineup more then the lacrosse i guess the fact that it's not a barn burner is alright as long as the next regal gets the cobalt SS 2.0 DI turbo making close to 300 hp so Buick can have a real sport model in the lineup for those who like a real sleaper.

The LaCrosse is exactly as interesting and exciting as a Toyota Avalon.

The Regal 2.0 turbo makes 210-220 hp (Chinese version) does does 0-60 in 8 seconds. If the Regal is 4-cylinder only here, it is another snooze mobile from Buick. Although the 3800 Buicks only had 200 hp and were 0-60 in over 8 seconds also, so the Buick faithful will feel right at home in it.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor