It's a shame

a brand new 2009.5 white G6 couple snuck up behind me today on the road and passed me, and then i followed it for a few miles.

WOW. hot car! honestly, i had never seen the G6 coupe in white before.

and the new beak? i had never seen on the road yet either.

Stunning to look at, with the new beak, and in white. it had a tan interior i believe. i had never been stunned by a g6 that way before.

tell me again why Pontiac is being killed?

did anyone ever know the G6 coupe existed?

should the G6 and g8 at least been given a reprieve and the g6 given a proper interior and NVH refinements?

time to go white g6 coupe hunting..............

That tweaked front end was basically all they did for the MCE of the car this past year.

The G6 is part of what makes Pontiac a running gag. The coupe an convertible are terribly proportioned cars, the sedan looks like a Japanese attempt at a Pontiac, the interior is cheap, the powertrains and overall refinement have always been lacking, it has more quality issues than the other Epsilons, oh and both the Malibu and Aura are overall better cars.

The G6 is at the bottom of the Segment along with the Sebring and Avenger, and its a fleet queen.

It's supposed to be part of the excitement brand yet both the Altima and Accord are better to drive.

A mystery why it was killed off indeed.

And the anti-Pontiac bitchfest continues...

Anyway.

I've always found the G6 coupe to be very handsome. Too bad the sedan and convertible were so dull.

Oh, and of course the Malibu & Aura are better cars, they're fresher. :rolleyes:

Oh please, you act as though I've suddenly turned on the G6 or something. It's always been a sub par car and nothing will change that. As for styling , I've never liked it, I've always thought it was ugly, this is not some amazing new opinion I'm throwing out there.

They're not fresher, they're better. More refined, less quality issues, better powertrains, better interiors, better NVH.

The G8 is an amazing car, that is a car worth missing. The Solstice is flawed but still a looker and still worth missing. I'm not sucking down enough kool-aid to mourn the loss of the "magnificent" G6. So what's next to lament? The G5?

Anyway, Reg, if you like the looks of the car good for you. How I feel about the looks is just my opinion. However, keep in mind that factually its just nowhere near as good as the other midsize cars it competes/competed with.

That's probably why he said it needs some interior and NVH refinements...

The G6 is certainly not a bad looking car, though I never cared too much for it; the convertible is also way too damn expensive. The G6 being worse than the Malibu and Aura is not surprising, considering it is 2 years older than the Aura and 3 years older than the Malibu. GM improved its new products A LOT in those years. When the G6 came out it was GM's best midsize product and actually sold very well initially.

And the anti-Pontiac bitchfest continues...

Anyway.

I've always found the G6 coupe to be very handsome. Too bad the sedan and convertible were so dull.

Oh, and of course the Malibu & Aura are better cars, they're fresher. :rolleyes:

hey i have always liked the g6 coupe too. dodgefan likes to talk like he is ex pert in all the this an that of shaping cars but the g6 stands up pretty well especially to crap like the altima coupe, and the ugly honda accord coupe.

g6 coupe is pretty nice and basically dodgefan needs to keep the piehole shut in this case.

i'd invite him to give me an example of a competing coupe to the g6 coupe that looks significantly better.

Anyway, Reg, if you like the looks of the car good for you. How I feel about the looks is just my opinion. However, keep in mind that factually its just nowhere near as good as the other midsize cars it competes/competed with. You'd be much better off with say, a Fusion.

i am talking coupes here. just so turned out that i had never seen a g 6 coupe in white. much less with the new 09.5 nose which actually when seen from low and straight on is an improvement with the bumper shaping. the caras a whole from all angles looks pretty bitchen and i for one like the proportions.

at least it doesnt have the gaping overhang in the front lke the accord coupe. the accord coupe is nearly as hideous as the zdx and crosstour.

Anyway, Reg, if you like the looks of the car good for you. How I feel about the looks is just my opinion. However, keep in mind that factually its just nowhere near as good as the other midsize cars it competes/competed with. You'd be much better off with say, a Fusion.

and they do not make a fusion coupe.

To each his own, I guess. IIRC I took some flack on this site when I was thinking about a G6 convertible as a second family ragtop.

They sell at some really good prices used, but for the used price you get a decent V6 and a retractable hard top.

I would agree that the Sebring and Avenger are at the bottom of the segment. However, I ate lunch out the other day. After paying my bill and walking out, I was noticing the cars in the front line of parking at the resteraunt. 2 New Acuras, a Corolla, an older Civic, an older Volvo, a couple of newer Kias...

The Sebring at the end of the line looked like an Italian Supermodel by comparison. As my father would say, it is all relative.

Oh, and Dodgefan I would welcome your opinion anytime. The same with you regfootball. Let's be free to disagree.

Chris

Like the G6 or not the key is where was the performance?

Pontiac claims Excitement but there was none.

Many could have over looked styling more if it had a drivetrain that had real power. Even if it was just an option on the GXP to go with the image they tacked on the nose and tail.

09-5_g6coupe_hi_04.jpg

pont_gpg6_mode_06_main.jpg

09-5_g6coupe_hi_03.jpg

09-5_g6coupe_hi_02.jpg

09-5_g6coupe_hi_01.jpg

09-5_g6coupe_hi_05.jpg

pic-3960.jpeg

Pontiac-G6-Sedan-2009-02.jpg

Pontiac-G6-Sedan-2009-01.jpg

I liked the overall shape of the G6 coupe, but I always thought the front end design was too bland and didn't quite fit with the swoopiness of the rest of the car. If GM would have given it a front end design that fit in with the rest of the car, then I think the coupe would have been a real looker. I feel the same way about the Altima coupe. I like the overall shape and design, but the front end looks like it belongs on some other vehicle. The Accord coupe shares the fate of all other Honda designs; it absolutely doesn't appeal to me at all.

Edited by cire

Dodge Fan is still pulling at straws with his hatred for the Pontiac G6. I suspect it is because EVERY SINGLE Chrysler product currently on the market is completely undesirable, except for maybe the 300, Charger, Ram and Wrangler, and he needs to release some frustration.

The G6 is at the bottom of the Segment along with the Sebring and Avenger, and its a fleet queen.

In CR's ratings, the Sebring and Avenger are in their OWN basement class, with a 10~18 point spread between it and the G6 and LaCrosse ('09). The G6 trounces both Mopars in CR and in the general press... and its a what, 3 year older design.

I don't care for the G6 that much, but at least its was available in coupe and convertible. Stop hatin'.

Dodge Fan is still pulling at straws with his hatred for the Pontiac G6. I suspect it is because EVERY SINGLE Chrysler product currently on the market is completely undesirable, except for maybe the 300, Charger, Ram and Wrangler, and he needs to release some frustration.

Says the man who bought a Cobalt instead a G5 from his most beloved brand.

I'm well aware most of Chrysler's current lineup is about as desirable as SUVs were when gas was $4.00. Thing is, unlike you and several others, I don't pretend that models like the Sebring have redeeming values.

In CR's ratings, the Sebring and Avenger are in their OWN basement class, with a 10~18 point spread between it and the G6 and LaCrosse ('09). The G6 trounces both Mopars in CR and in the general press... and its a what, 3 year older design.

I don't care for the G6 that much, but at least its was available in coupe and convertible. Stop hatin'.

I can dislike the car if I want. Just like you can make excuses for why it was such a great car because it had a red arrow badge. If it was any other car you wouldn't think it was so hot. You kool-aid drinkers don't seem to get that I don't base how a car is by brand. It could have been a Chevy, a Ford, a Toyota, a Chrysler, a Hyundai and I still would not like it.

The G6 with the new front end looks like $h!.

If you want one so bad, call up enterprise, I'm sure they will be coming off rental duty soon and you can get a good price on one.

Everybody needs to quit idolizing Pontiac in EVERY SINGLE THREAD! If you want to hug and kiss Pontiac, keep it in here so people that are interested in the future and not the past don't have to keep putting up with the CRAP, TOTAL CRAP, that is being spewed all over the place here.

I actually like the G6 (sedan) styling. I think it looks much closer to the concept than people here give it credit for, with its haunches and loooong wheelbase. I had an Ecotec rental last week and while it wasn't amazing, it drove competently and its interior was decent. However, "competent" and "decent" are not good enough, which is something I think GM understands better now than when the G6 was released.

I will say, that GMTruckGuy took a photo of a red couple a few months ago that from that one angle actually looked quite nice. It's just that, styling wise it falls apart for me from the other angles.

Anyway Reg, sorry to spoil the mood of your thread, my last post here.

my gosh, i show some love for a nice looking white g6 coupe and it degenerates into this........

accord coupe, now there is a coupe with bad proportions.

I agree the Accord coupe is fugly too, Solara, Monte as well. Just not a segment I have liked anything in for some time I guess. I guess I thought the more angular Accord coupe of the late 90's/early 2k looked decent.

Would rather just get a v6 pony car if I wanted a cheap'ish coupe.

• 1 month later...
post-418-1252874234.jpg

Are those FlexFuel badges??? I wonder what engine is in there, and if they offered it on the coupe? :scratchchin:

New on-site gas vendor at work starts in Nov. Rumor has it that it'll have an E-85 pump :scratchchin:

I'd strongly consider one when I get my head above water after I move.

i don't mind them. the coupe certainly looks better than the sedan. i've seen the new ones kinda alot it seems recently... or it's just a few ones over and over.

drove a 3.9L GXP once (boss's daughter's). it was pretty nice. it certainly lacked somethings, but prolly could have lived with it.