Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Seen any cars with giant red bows?

College Park Honda has a new Crosstour on the lot. I like the color, a kind of light steel blue, but that's the only positive thing I can say about it. It looks every bit as bad in person as it does in the photos.

Saw an accident w/ two new cars yesterday evening..woman in a black '10 SRX ran a left turn redlight and got broadsided by a dark red '09/10 Dodge Ram 1500 (both still had temporary tags)...the right front door and front end of the SRX was pretty mangled...

Had a new exhaust installed on my G8 at a very cool shop in Lebanon, PA (garsh, I'm racking up G8 miles like crazy...) called Old Gold Auto Inc. Didn't get the name until I peaked around more & figured out the logo with a Chevy emblem. These 3 classic Chevy examples sat inside, 1 currently at the first stages of re-do.

Image00005.jpg

Image00019.jpg

Image00016.jpg

Image00015.jpg

LOVED them...and ORANGE!

Edited by caddycruiser

Baloney! Lebanon, PA? That's not too far from me! Cool pics there.

Didn't think it was, hah. I expected a cool little exhaust shop, not the classic Chevy focused one I was at, with signs, posters, old plates, and, uh, those 3 cars...add in they were cheap & did perfect work, did I say I want to move to PA again?

Hah! Otherwise, of notice, only saw another G8 at a gas station in PA...black V6 with what looked like 4 sales guys in it...anymore, I'm back to never, ever seeing one.

White Sterling 800.

I've seen it around school but I couldn't figure out what until I drove past it and read the nameplate.

Haven't seen a Sterling in ages (many years). I remember liking the 5dr hatchback version back in the day.

Recent sightings:

A sharp light blue customized early '80s Chevy stepside pickup w/ a custom rear rollpan and round '50s style taillights set into the rear fenders, tube grille, front rollpan. 20 inch or so wire wheels.

Saw a black CTS wagon on the freeway this morning, first one I've seen on the road and only the 2nd one I've seen (other was at an auto show). Sweet...

The sharpest 2010 Milan I've seen: Tuxedo black/black leather V6 Premier with the optional 18" wheels. First time I've seen one with those wheels... very beefy and strong looking. I'd rock it!

A Voga edition, perhaps? Sounds like it. The Milan is such a nice looking sedan...even for a light refresh, big change and ritzier in the right ways than the Fusion.

A Voga edition, perhaps? Sounds like it. The Milan is such a nice looking sedan...even for a light refresh, big change and ritzier in the right ways than the Fusion.

No, this one's not a Voga. Regular Mercury models have satin nickle exterior trim, the Voga has chrome trim, wheels, and white leather seats with black dash. We have a green Mariner Voga in the shop now getting repaired from an accident.

This one is like a modern version of Jack Lord's bad ass Hawaii Five-0 Mercury sedans... all black, with the satin exterior trim, but with these unusual new big fat 18" rims that give it extra swagger.

I thought the justy was the 3-cyl econobox ? They had AWD, or did I whoops! misfile a subaru factoid? :rolleyes:

Was in a small old-time town, and I could smell the vintage iron. Side street- a gorgeous white '63 Sedan deVille, no 'QQ' plates or anything, curb-parked.

5 minutes later (same town): a truely pristine '69 Sedan deVille, sort of a greenish-gold. You could see the crazy factory upholstery, what with no clunky B-pillar in the way. Wow was it fresh.

I thought the justy was the 3-cyl econobox ? They had AWD, or did I whoops! misfile a subaru factoid? :rolleyes:

There was an AWD version from '88...I had a colleague in grad school that drove one.

There was a 2nd gen Justy in Europe that was also AWD, but was a BE'd Suzuki Cultus (i.e. Geo Metro).

The current JDM 4th gen is also BE'd as the Toyota Passo and Diahatsu Boon.

Haven't seen one in ages.

R

Subaru Justy

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

It was a quiet day today until Bitey (Australian Terrier) bit Ginger (the Yorkie) on top of the head, creating a bleeding gash. Rushed to the vet to get it cleaned up and get some antibiotics. fun, fun.

On topic--in the parking lot at the vet was a gorgeous dark blue w/ white top '69 Electra 225 4dr ht. Also saw on the street a '66 Ford Galaxie 2dr ht painted a hideous bright pink w/ white peeling vinyl top, white walls, on old slotted mags.

Saw a '10 LaCrosse up close in a parking lot today for the first time (I'd seen a couple at auto shows and one on the road). Silver, black out window tint, chromed wheels. Looked pretty sharp overall...got to watch it swing into the spot next to me.

Later saw a minty '79 Lincoln Versailles--two tone silver and black w/ black carriage roof. I haven't seen one of those in ages, and this looked very clean..interesting artifact from 30 years ago.

Yellow '89 Chrysler TC by Maserati. In our shop, reason being, it rolled off the back of a towtruck onto the pavement somewhere. I think it's a goner, tomorrow will confirm when I send my estimate in to the insurance company and they make a decision. Dude's not happy with the tow company as it is, wait until he hears this.

Edited by ocnblu

On 95 today I saw a white Miata from Ohio that was being driven by a man who looked exactly like Stanley from The Office.

I think I've seen the same car...

Pulled out of work for coffee this morning and was behind this. Otherwise stock, and a very nice looking Black/Sandalwood '03ish TB LTZ with an older couple up front--white hair and all. Typical. Then I saw the exhaust & knew it wasn't, followed by the guy trailing me and pointing while talking to his wife. Cool. And nice pipes...though, over my Corsa, and just cruising, I didn't hear it. Blurry, but nice big, polished tips & looked like an aftermarket catback of some sort.

tb-exhaust.jpg

Edited by caddycruiser