Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Hanging out till we die.

Some of you, the ones who have me added on Facebook, know this already. For the rest of you who don't know, I am now engaged to be married. I asked Albert on NYE just after the count down and he of course said yes. Things are still in the super early planning stages so I don't have any more details to give at this point.

We're both very happy and I miss Albert lots right now. (spending this week in Toronto and next in Detroit)

For those of you who don't get the reference in the title of this thread, it's from Dan Savage the sex columnist whom I highly recommend you watch on youtube because he is f@#king hilarious.

Finding someone you want to spend your life with is possibly the greatest gift two men can get. Congratulations, Drew.

Fixed it for you, blu.

Chris

Edited by 66Stang

Sweet, good to hear. I wouldn't be surprised if PA is one of the next few states to go for it; right now though all eyes seem to be back on CA...why? I do not know. All I can say is for all the false accusations that CA interferes with other states' politics, it really steams me that UTAH actually interfered with ours.

Congratulations Drew!! If you've been following the news, you'll know NJ is in no rush to change the law for gay marriage (stupid state! :rolleyes: ).

You know that the AACA Museum has a banquet facility, right? I can think of no better way to celebrate your marriage than by having a reception there with all the C&G members. It's not too far from the Harrisburg Airport, so any C&Gers not close enough to drive can fly in, and there's plenty of hotels in the area. (j/k, but it would be a cool reception!)

Congrats to the both of you. Which one of the five states that currently perform the ceremony are you doing it in? I'd be able to make it to every one but Iowa with some notice if you decide to extend the invitation to us C&Gers.

We'll be having the ceremony here in Pittsburgh most likely.

Isn't it just a civil union if you do it in a state that doesn't have marriage yet? I thought you wanted to marry and then when PA decides to recognize it, it would then be official in their eyes. Also, if it IS a civil union and then PA decides to recognize marriage, would you two be considered married or would you have to then go through a marriage ceremony in order for that to be true?

(What I know about civil unions and gay marriage I could write on a matchbook, in case you couldn't already tell!)

We'll do our ceremony on our own schedule and we'll be married in our hearts even if the state doesn't agree. If Pennsylvania ever decides to crawl out of the past, we'll do another small simple ceremony again to make it official in PA's eyes.

There is still time to change your mind! I've been married 20 years, it has its benefits, would I do it again? Well MLK said it best, "Free at last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!" :smilewide:

I don't feel like I'm being tied down.