Oracle of Delphi

“I would never say we would never talk about Pontiac again,” - Mark Reuss

150 posts in this topic

I can hardly contain my EXCITEMENT!!!!!!

Its funny that Buick and GMC are both way up over last year even though both brands were supposed to die soon after BPG "anchor" Pontiac went away.

I sincerely hope it works this time. CAFE is the dragon burning up dreams with a single breath.

I sincerely hope it works this time. CAFE is the dragon burning up dreams with a single breath.

Um, I don't think it was CAFE that nailed Pontiac's coffin shut. After all, fantastic products like the G3 and G5 were great for raising the average fuel economy!

Booyah I am talking about Zeta, not Pontiac.

Booyah I am talking about Zeta, not Pontiac.

CAFE wasn't responsible for Zeta's death, it was just an excuse.

fantastic products like the G3 and G5

EXCITEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chances are favoring the slim side, but it's likely we will see a revival of Pontiac sometime after GM repays the government and restores its current core brands.

I don't think GM is going to forget Pontiac like it did Olds.

But if they build G6s and G5s again, they might as well invest a few bucks in wiping their memories clean.

Edited by whiteknight

i remember reading on this forum quite a while ago, that if they killed hummer they could have hummer edition GMC's and there was a chop of a suburban H2

i also read the idea of a core brand representing a departed brand like Pontiac GTO by GMC/(chevy/buick more likely)

Edited by CanadianBacon94

I would not read to much into this short term. But while a few people pitched a fit over Pontiac not making a fuss over the last G6 while some of us noted it was not a funeral. GM left a big gap in the Pontiac end that would make anything possible if given the right time and place to do it.

I just would not be expecting is in the near future. Things like Debt, other lines to fix and the Economy are things all needing to be sorted out. If GM can return to profitablitiy and sustain it many things could happen.

Obviously, I'd like to see this happen.

Holding my breath isn't in the cards, however.

Until then, Chevy is my only hope.

Obviously, I'd like to see this happen.

Holding my breath isn't in the cards, however.

Until then, Chevy is my only hope.

Think of this as a long term goal.

I guess.

What was done to Pontiac has left me cold. That, and the fact that nothing they are offering right now really floats my boat, just means I will stay out of the market for the forseeable future.

Long term goal? Think again! Watch and see what happens when the loans are paid off! Things will happen so fast it will make your head spin ...

Long term goal? Think again! Watch and see what happens when the loans are paid off! Things will happen so fast it will make your head spin ...

I sure hope so, I'm seriously underwhelmed by the status quo.

I understand. We will have to see.It is kind of hard for people to believe after getting burned by GM for so long. GM has to do a lot of winning people back and winning people over. I hope Oldsmobile people are not left out or forgotten either.

If you are trying to say we will see a Zeta Pontiac again, I am calling b.s. I still don't believe you that we will be seeing a Zeta Chevrolet "SS" or Caprice any day soon for the retail market. You say keep the faith, I am just looking at General Motors latest actions, nixing Pontiac, killing Olds, and have no faith. The PPV is my last hope I fear, and I would love to proven wrong. PCS just give me a date how long will I have to wait to hear all this good news? A month, half a year, a year, or like ten? The GM I know would be ten, prove me wrong. Please. :rwd:

Edited by gm4life

You still can buy a G8 from a dealership...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room