Sign in to follow this  
Northstar

Honda Fit sticker starts at $14,400

61 posts in this topic

Kathy Jackson | | Automotive News / March 21, 2006

http://autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?...G/60320009/1003

LOS ANGELES –- The Honda Fit subcompact hatchback goes on sale April 20 at a base price of $14,400, including the $550 destination charge.

The Fit will be Honda’s first B-segment car sold in this county and replaces the Civic as Honda’s entry-level car. It competes against cars such as the Toyota Yaris and Scion lineup, Chevrolet Aveo and upcoming Nissan Versa.

The base Fit is equipped with a 109-hp, 1.5-liter four-cylinder engine with a five-speed manual transmission. Other standard equipment includes side-curtain airbags, anti-lock brakes and an audio system that works with iPod players.

A Fit sport model, with a rear spoiler, aero body kit, fog lights and 15-inch aluminum alloy wheels sells for $15,720 including destination.

-----------------------------------------------------

Seems a little pricey for a subcompact, no? You can get a base Cobalt for $12,990, or an Aveo for $10k.

-----------------------------------------------------

Seems a little pricey for a subcompact, no? You can get a base Cobalt for $12,990, or an Aveo for $10k.

...but it's a Honda !??

:toiler:

Well, I'm not impressed by the car that much--think it's ugly. Overpriced, however, in this class to have standard side curtain airbags and an available 5-speed auto, well, that's a plus.

A Fit sport model, with a rear spoiler, aero body kit, fog lights and 15-inch aluminum alloy wheels sells for $15,720 including destination.

I'd rather have a Cobalt for that price and keep my dignity.

Edited by Sixty8panther

I'd rather have a Cobalt for that price and keep my dignity.

But you risk developing Cavalier-syndrome by going with the Cobalt (you know, everything breaks, car flips over for no reason, etc etc). Not worth it if you ask me 8)

But you risk developing Cavalier-syndrome by going with the Cobalt (you know, everything breaks, car flips over for no reason, etc etc). Not worth it if you ask me  8)

Plenty of retarded kids crash burn & flip their Hondas, Acuras & Mazdas here in L-town and surrounding area, but I've yet to see a Cobalt shiny side down.

Plenty of retarded kids crash burn & flip their Hondas, Acuras & Mazdas here in L-town and surrounding area, but I've yet to see a Cobalt shiny side down.

The thing is, the guys flipping their Civics are driving like idiots. The cavaliers flip for no reason.... :P

The Cobalts are new, give it time...

Btw, I'm not being entirely sarcastic.

But you risk developing Cavalier-syndrome by going with the Cobalt (you know, everything breaks, car flips over for no reason, etc etc). Not worth it if you ask me  8)

Dude at work had like 230,000 miles on his mid-90's Cavalier, and he bragged about how he never really got many oil changes.

He wanted to get something newer, so he ended up getting a Kia Spectra. :duh: I'm willing to bet he won't get 230,000 miles out of it.

Jeeses, two weeks ago i spent all sorts of time explaining why the Fit is a waste. that's before I even saw the price, and now I am convinced its a bigger rip off than ever. No style, no substance, no power. too much $$$$$.

Well, God bless Honda if they get enough dumbasses to fork over 15 large for 100 horsepower and a crackerbox frame and cheesy dash.

Want a fuel sipper, get a Yaris, you'll save money and its far cooler. The quality of the Yaris compared to the Fit is immensely different.

Want the sporty tall box? Aerio. 50 more hp, less money, more fun, more solid, handles great. Or, go cheaper and get a Reno or Forenza wagon for the same horsepower.

Just want a compact with decent mpg and better all around for probably less money? Cobalt, Focus. A basic G6 is only about a grand more.

Aveo is much less expensive. The 07 is quite improved.

Versa, Sentra. Accent. Rio.

Base PT. Base Caliber. Base HHR.

Just need to carry stuff? A base FWD outlander will hold more, go faster and likely cost as much and is not a crackerbox.

Edited by regfootball

Jeeses, two weeks ago i spent all sorts of time explaining why the Fit is a waste. 

Oh please explain again, I can't seem to find any factual posts not full of complete opinion and sarcasm.

get a Yaris

Quote of the month! :stupid:

The thing is, the guys flipping their Civics are driving like idiots. The cavaliers flip for no reason....  :P

The Cobalts are new, give it time...

Btw, I'm not being entirely sarcastic.

And Toyota's sludge their oil for what reason? Anything but the defect Toyota won't fess up too?

And Toyota's sludge their oil for what reason? Anything but the defect Toyota won't fess up too?

Must be that darn Lucas oil additive everyone thinks they need to use 8)

Edited by siegen

A yellow Fit would look like a very "special" schoolbus. Even the name is stoopid. How could any sane person walk into a Honda dealership and say "Hi. I'd like to have a Fit, please." :rolleyes:

A yellow Fit would look like a very "special" schoolbus.  Even the name is stoopid.  How could any sane person walk into a Honda dealership and say "Hi.  I'd like to have a Fit, please." :rolleyes:

:lol2:^_^

Uh, no thanks, I'll go to the local Enterprise retail shop and get an Impala or Fusion former rental car for the same price.

A former rental car? Are you aware of how people treat rental cars? :blink:

Come on now, the Fit isn't that bad.

A yellow Fit would look like a very "special" schoolbus.  Even the name is stoopid.  How could any sane person walk into a Honda dealership and say "Hi.  I'd like to have a Fit, please." :rolleyes:

:lol2:  ^_^

:lol2::lol:

Dude at work had like 230,000 miles on his mid-90's Cavalier, and he bragged about how he never really got many oil changes.

He wanted to get something newer, so he ended up getting a Kia Spectra.  :duh: I'm willing to bet he won't get 230,000 miles out of it.

I noticed usually with those cavs (95-05) the motors will last longer than the car

itself does...

A friend of mine drives an 03 Cavalier, which now has 215,000 miles on it....

THough I wouldn't rag too hard on Kia though, a neighbor down the street from me

has 02 Rio with almost 140k on it, and he beats it pretty hard...and has had almost no problems with it...

A former rental car?  Are you aware of how people treat rental cars?  :blink:

Yeah, but Impys can take the abuse...I know a few co-workers who picked up an Impy like that, and neither one has had an issue yet...

Usually Cavaliers take the heat too...unless it flips over.. :(:lol:

I noticed usually with those cavs (95-05) the motors will last longer than the car

itself does...

A friend of mine drives an 03 Cavalier, which now has 215,000 miles on it....

THough I wouldn't rag too hard on Kia though, a neighbor down the street from me

has 02 Rio with almost 140k on it, and he beats it pretty hard...and has had almost no problems with it...

Has can someone put 215,000 miles on a car in 3 years?

A former rental car?  Are you aware of how people treat rental cars?  :blink:

Actually, it's usually a good bet. Enterprise only retails their great examples. The rest get shoved off to auction.

They get oil changes on schedule. They are cleaned and washed regularly. If you buy something like a Bonneville or Aurora... it's usually Edgar and Mable Blue Hair or Mr. TRaveling salesman the rent those

My parenets did that twice and got incredible deals on slightly used Bonneville and Aurora.