The Haircut

ocnblu

Uh huh, so... I went to The Haircuttery to get a haircut. A young, winsome Goth chick I hadn't seen there before led me to her chair and asked me how I wanted it cut. I told her I usually get a high fade, 1 on the bottom, tapering into a 6 on top. Her sweet little face frowned, actually, her whole body sort of wilted.

"You don't want me to use the scissors?"

That second, I looked down at her backpack on the floor and noticed (with what must have been an audible gasp) a button pinned to it.

"Is that Edward Scissorhands?" :unsure:

"Yes", she said, with a bit of embarrassment, and a bit of defiant pride.

I shut up. I was trapped. Everything else is a blur. It'll grow back, I guess. I hope.

Lesson number 1: Never let a woman do a man's hair cut. It never works.

I was about to say how only women have cut my hair since the early 90's, and I prefer it... But come to think of it, the best haircut I've got in the past year was from a guy.

I don't see many guys working at Great Clips. And I do like my Great Clips coupon when it comes in the coupon pack. Bottom line: chicks have cut my hair about 90+% of the time.

About paying a lot: The worst f*c*i*g haircuts I have ever gotten were at these name chi-chi salons in Florence, Italy where my cousins went. The worst, bar none, and they cost 2x as much as what I pay here. Plus, with the kind of hair I have, you can hide the mistakes, so I will not pay over $ 12 for a haircut.

*chuckles*

This reminds me of "The Haircut Song" by Ray Stevens....

'Oh lord, for these haircuts we are about to receive ... '

He he he

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"I just turned around & there's nobody there" ... Heart ... 'Stranded'

I'm not getting off too cheaply. I have it done back in Indianapolis, not LA. The girl who cuts my hair now is a damn good colorist, so I'm not going to let anyone else touch it. It's just so hard to find someone who knows how to cut curly hair...

Poor Ocn...

Anyways, it's pretty hard to mess up my haircut. I always get the same thing... "Just cut it short". Easy. Simple. Seriously hard to f@#k up. :lol::P But some do, to my amazement. Sometimes, though, I just feel like saying "Have fun with it... do what you think would look good". :D

"Have fun with it... do what you think would look good". :D

That's what I generally do. I give Liz some general guidelines and tell her the approximate color I'm going for...and then tell her to be creative. She hasn't let me down yet!

Croc:

You're young right? Why do you need to have your hair colored?

Personally, I have a lot of hair and it grows fast, though I get my hair done once a month. I usually pay 40 bucks for a trim. My stylist is a milf and her assistant is this young, hot piece of ass and she gives me an awesome massage when she is washing my hair.

I think I could use a style change though...I'm starting to grow tired of my look...I need something new and fresh.

though I get my hair done once a month

You get your hair DONE? What are you...a "blue hair" on Medicare? Nick, I'm pulling your leg!

Why are you guys even fussing with color? Especially college age.

Who said anything about "need"?  I get bored easily, and it's fun and easy.  And yes, Liz and her assistant give great scalp massages.

Ah, I see. (BTW, love the sig for obvious reasons :AH-HA_wink: )

You get your hair DONE?  What are you...a "blue hair" on Medicare? Nick, I'm pulling your leg!

If that was the case, then it'd be weekly, not monthly... :P

Why are you guys even fussing with color?  Especially college age.

Fussing? I get it 4-5 times a year, takes only 2 hrs. each time, requires no special anything afterward and keeps my look fresh. Trust me, there's no "fussing." I've been getting highlights since junior high when "tipping" was the trendy thing...I'm so used to it at this point.

*chuckles*

This reminds me of "The Haircut Song" by Ray Stevens....

'Oh lord, for these haircuts we are about to receive ... '

He he he

"I just turned around & there's nobody there" ... Heart ... 'Stranded'

Ugh thanks for bringing up horrible childhood memories of Ray Stevens on VHS....:(

Well, what about lesbians? Oh, wait, they're in home depot. lol

I have to say, I'll never trust another gay man with my hair again. I should scan the picture in and show you what they did to me when I was 21. It was SCARY!

A friend of mine tried to cut my hair in college, failed miserably, and then I took off my hat when I went to the haircutters, and the guy said, "Oh, honey! Let'sss get you back and get you ssssssoaked!" ;)

I should have said, "But I'm just here for a cut." :lol:

I should have known by the name of the place, Andre's LOL

my gf right now is a hairdresser so shes gonna be my cuts forever but i had it done at salon before everytime cuz i like to look good and a 20 dollar cut may not be bad but it was def a very nice cut from my friend chrisssy

The scary thing is, in Italian that wouldn't be a run-on sentence. :lol:

That's what I generally do.  I give Liz some general guidelines and tell her the approximate color I'm going for...and then tell her to be creative.  She hasn't let me down yet!

Fussing? I get it 4-5 times a year, takes only 2 hrs. each time, requires no special anything afterward and keeps my look fresh. Trust me, there's no "fussing." I've been getting highlights since junior high when "tipping" was the trendy thing...I'm so used to it at this point.

Posted Image

Peek A Boo. I see you. Come on out now Croky. We will not bite. Well. Maybe me. But I like that sort of thing. I wrestle alligators here in the WPB every summer to help pay for my meds so I think I can tackle a Croc well enough. Especially a strapping muscley one.

WARNING '' I bite back :AH-HA_wink: Teehee

Wow,Ocnblu, you have a talent for words. I almost peed myself reading that. :lol:

Ugh thanks for bringing up horrible childhood memories of Ray Stevens on VHS....:(

*chuckles*

Glad I could be of some assistance to someone....even if it is for the wrong reasons :(.

*sighs*

"What happened next is hard to tell" ... Ray Stevens ... 'Mississippi Squirrel Revival'

I wish I had hair that I had to worry about coloring! Maybe when I invest in the hair plugs at tax time nex year.

My haircuts are real, real short. It's a 1 on the sides and back "blended in" with a 4 on the top.

Military style!

Wow,Ocnblu, you have a talent for words. I almost peed myself reading that. :lol:

...WPBHarry isn't ocnblu.

Meh, anyone can think what they want...I'm secure and don't really give a $h!. I think it's fun, and keeps things from being boring. :lol:

Edited by Croc

Croc, hon, he wasn't talking about the WPB post. (Which only said what a lot of us were thinking in jest.)

"Hello, Blondestar? This is Mr. Crocodoodle. I've locked myself inside my car and the keys are on the outside! No, I'm not completely blonde, but I have highlights. (Looks around outside and in rearview mirror) Why, can you see me?"

Please don't get mad. I'm only playing witchoo! :)

I wish I had hair that I had to worry about coloring! Maybe when I invest in the hair plugs at tax time nex year.

My haircuts are real, real short. It's a 1 on the sides and back "blended in" with a 4 on the top.

Military style!

I had thining hair for years and it bothered me a lot. I considered a lot of things including surgery and 'replacements' which are all very expensive. Finally I just got up the nerve, said screw it and shaved the whole thing. That was like 8 years ago. I shave it everyday (doesn't really take long) and I haven't regretted it once. Now I wish what hair remains would just go away.

Those infomercials you see on TV for all of these hair replacement things make me crazy. They prey on the insecurities of men and I almost bought into it. When your time comes, consider it. I saw your photo in the pictures thread. You'd look good smooth!!

• 2 years later...

You people with the haircut fetish crack me up.

Today, at work, people complimented me on my haircut. Where did I get it? From a shop with a couple of stores in the area that sent me a coupon in the mail. They're all from Vietnam and can barely speak English.

I say "# 4 on the sides, scissor cut it on top so it can still lay over instead of spike, and leave the sideburns the same." She says "me love you long time" -- just kidding!!! In 15 minutes, it's done.

For any gray that's seeping in, I use the Grecian foam from Safeway for $ 7.99 which takes the affected parts back to a dark brown.

Like I said, 2 people at work said "I like your haircut." I paid $7 and left her a $3 tip. So, for me, it's coupon, baby, coupon....

I've pretty much always had women cut my hair except for a short period of time when I was in 6th & 7th grade where I went to a barber and a brief period my freshmen year in college where the guy gave a one-style-fits-all type of haircut (that looked retarded).

One of my co-workers sisters cuts my hair now, and she does a really great job. She only charges $8, but I usually end up paying her $14 or so because she does a better job than anyone I've ever been to.