Variance

New Camry LE (run-of-the-mill version) revealed

The hood cutline is horrible.

The headlamps don't match the rest of the car.

Poorly-styled decklid. Huge ass yet little trunk space...??

Look at the console. Cutlines all over the place. Doesn't GM get perennially racked for doing this?

Some parts underneath the steering column don't look like they fit well together.

Steering wheel controls on the left side only? Not only asthetically unappealing, but egonomically nonsensical as well.

What a tiny, piddly-ass frequency readout on the stereo.

And this picture makes it look very, very fat.

Posted Image

I'm not even going to crack a joke about the dealership's name. That's waaaay too easy.

I saw one as I was about to enter onto I-71 just north of Columbus yesterday...I had to look twice, as I thought it was a wrecked one when I first glanced at the front end. I was mistaken, and my eyes haven't forgiven me.

I really want to see how the mags review this car. I am definitely not a fan of the design and I hope GM does look at it as a design how to. Does the gear shift lever look angled and off center on the vertical? Do all cars look that way? I don't sit in back much lol

although i do give them credit, the new camry is nicer to sit in the new Hyundais. Bland as it is, the interior is like hot dish for dinner on a fall chilly night. It warms the tummy, but doesn't excite.

Edited by regfootball

The dash in that picture looks poor. Maybe it's the poor lighting, but it just looks bad to my eyes. Pieces don't seem to fit very well and there are some gaps that are a little surprising to see in a Toyota.

Once again, Toyota continues the tradition of sticking the most boring wheel covers on their cars. This is a warmed over version (with one less spoke) of the same wheel covers they have been using for years now on Camrys. And each time I can't help but think how cheap and boring they look. And why is it that every Toyota I spot seems to be the base level model with wheel covers? Wheels are like shoes to a car, and Toyota always seems to pick the K-Mart brand.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Good point about the wheel covers, Mustang. People tend to expect them on domestics as all our cars are cheap junk anyway, but I must say I'm rather impressed with the ones I've seen on Buicks, Chevies, and the like. They aren't great, but they aren't bad and they tend to cover most if not all of the visible sections of steel wheel underneath.

Toyota has bad ones and frankly I've been surprised to seen them on so many Mazda6s, Altimas, and Jettas. They're pretty poor, too, as some try to look too much like multispoke alloys with large gaps between spokes. Plus, nothing says 'cheap' more than seeing a car crusing down the highway with one wheel wobbling.

Oink-oink!

Posted Image

To be honest it looks a lot better than today's Camry but that's like saying you're a little less gay than Liberace. :P

Edited by Sixty8panther

Wow, I thought it actually looked decent in higher trims, but this is just terrible. The side profile makes it look dated already, it's so damn boring.

The interior looks to have a lot of ill-fitting parts, and I bet you can pull the little sides of the stack off like at the autoshow.

It looks alright, but it's definitely going to get old real fast. The interior is very average, and will also age very fast.

HEY! I JUST NOTICED! IS THAT A FOOTBRAKE!!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!LAME!

now we have proof they are going all geriatric/estrogen on us.

Edited by regfootball

Hold it there now just a minute, toyota reports, I mean consumer reports have told me toyota is built proof and perfect for years now and I'm supposed to think differently?

WOW has toyota missed the mark on making a decent looking toaster, I mean camry for a while.

HEY! I JUST NOTICED!  IS THAT A FOOTBRAKE!!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!LAME!

now we have proof they are going all geriatric/estrogen on us.

I don't have a problem with footbrakes... it leaves more space in the center for storage of all the crap you have.

I am really not so sure what the problem is. You can have your opinions about design but, otherwise, GM wishes it had the Camry.