All Your Spots Under One Umbrella

Got ample time to look over a mercedees 560SL. Not sure of the exact vintage (had ABS & a driver-side airbag, plus the ribbed EXCITEMENT!!!! lower body, but boy howdy was it an unmitigated piece of crap. Exposed rubber gaskets, exposed screws, faded plastic, uber-cheap interior.

Someone here recently proclaimed these things as the class leaders in luxury flagships. Not even close. As is so typical- overhyped without substance.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Got ample time to look over a mercedees 560SL. Not sure of the exact vintage (had ABS & a driver-side airbag, plus the ribbed EXCITEMENT!!!! lower body

560SL was 1986-1989, last version of the '71 vintage R107 generation. They were a bit outdated by then. Still see quite a few of them out and about around here...lots of nice old Mercs around Phoenix and Scottsdale. Saw a very clean silver blue w/ dark blue interior one and an earlier 450SL from around 1980 in it's signature bright red w/ tan interior last week...

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Now I remember : about 10 years after General Motors. ;)

GM's attempt doesn't count..they tried it and gave up. M-B or Volvo was the first to have sustained production across their entire model lineup...

Got ample time to look over a mercedees 560SL. Not sure of the exact vintage (had ABS & a driver-side airbag, plus the ribbed EXCITEMENT!!!! lower body, but boy howdy was it an unmitigated piece of crap. Exposed rubber gaskets, exposed screws, faded plastic, uber-cheap interior.

Someone here recently proclaimed these things as the class leaders in luxury flagships. Not even close. As is so typical- overhyped without substance.

Well it could be as old as 1974 then.... since Mercedes invented both Airbags and ABS and subsequently allowed Oldsmobile and Chrysler to debut each of them respectively.

New silver Chrysler 200 Limited V6 beside me in traffic. Critics or not, SO different, from back to sides and front. Just comes off as a very different, much nicer vehicle, especially in upgraded trim. The rear end especially looks better. Rolling along.

The Avenger, also spotted again, minor changes.

New white Charger V6 again...loaded down with 4 people, drooping rear a bit. Sweet car, with the rear lights lit up for dark, at least more so than during the day.

I forgot to mention... a Mercedes SLS drove through Dubois the other day. Talk about out of place. That car costs more than the majority of houses here.

Wow...fitting. Hah. Then again, it's like Punxsutawney only bigger in that way. A few wealthy people in town off to the sides, and a few crazy vehicles to go with them. Amongst all the old Cavaliers, Blazers, etc. Fitting.

Bright magenta newer Town Car limo...fully painted, properly, and vinyl top included.

'10/11 Chrysler 300 limo locally with the back doors suicide converted.

White Diamond new CTS coupe on Broad St in Philly today...with Vogue white/yellow strip tires on the factory polished 18" wheels. Interesting look.

On my drive from VA to GA today:

Lotus Elise

Porsche Panamera

New Chrysler 300

VW Phaeton

Previous Chrysler 300 with the Rolls-Royce treatment

Maserati GranTurismo

First-gen Corvette

Intimidator SS

'76 Cutlass Supreme coupe in beautiful condition, in factory metallic orange with tan landau top, tan metallic to match the top color down the middle of the hood and decklid (not really a stripe, it ran the width of the lower center section of the hood). Donked, riding on giant chrome rims, raised ride height, rap music blurring all 3 mirror glasses on the car. The donking had better be reversible...:angry:

At the gas station filling up a new TL, a freshly arrived new dark blue with cream leather '11 Chrysler 200 Limited convertible. Looked like the dealer owner driving it, his new demo or something.

Again, front, rear, wheels, exhaust, and the visible interior, so different and appealing finally. The proportions of the convertible especially look better than the already hugely improved sedan. The 3.6L sounded nice too as he pulled off and stomped it.

Was back in SoCal last weekend, and here are some notable sightings...

Chevrolet Volt, dark grey, on PCH

Hyundai Veloster (I'm pretty sure), silver, no camo, 5 FWY well south of OC

Back home I recently saw...

Cadillac CTS-V Coupe, pearl white

Buick Reatta, white

Saw a red Pontiac G2---subcompact Excitement!!!

Saw a white Honda CR-Z, first one I've seen on the roads.

Saw two Chevy Tahoe police trucks parked in downtown Scottsdale w/ 'Policia Federal' graphics...Mexico National Police...WTF?

denali terrain. just a few days ago

Did it look like the one posted in the GMC section, with exposed rocker panel mounting holes, or did this one actually have the extension panels installed?

Here... this is the one I'm talking about:

actually... i might be wrong, ... thinking back it was an acadia. still pretty new, and $$$$, right?

Saw a red Pontiac G2---subcompact Excitement!!!

Saw a white Honda CR-Z, first one I've seen on the roads.

Saw two Chevy Tahoe police trucks parked in downtown Scottsdale w/ 'Policia Federal' graphics...Mexico National Police...WTF?

incidente internacional!!!

This evening parked on one block in downtown Scottsdale I saw:

A pale yellow early '40s Packard woody wagon, w/ twin side mount covered spares, a cream leather top, wooden roof rack, wide whites. Beautiful.

A bright red Mercedes SLS. First I've seen in person. Beautiful.

A very clean '77 Olds 88 4dr, dark brown w/ tan top.